Inquiry Ben Siegel auctions - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-25-2016, 12:24 PM   #1
adam1028
Ben Siegel auctions

Anyone have any recent input about Ben Siegel? I decided to bid on one of his auctions and he responded to every message quick. Even during the auction he was responding on the time left ect.

I won one and with in 5 seconds he sends information about payment where to send ect. Made a payment via paypal and now he wont respond to any of my messages, when I call he just says he is busy and will call back in a few minutes nothing from him.

Someone else I talked to who won also id having same problem. I am guessing he maybe just real busy.

Not saying anything bad about him as this is my first purchase from him and this maybe normal.

Old 05-25-2016, 12:47 PM   #2
hhmoore
Anonymous third party quotation is not permitted on the BOI. If you want to bolster your statement by posting what another person has told you, you must identify that person (by full name).

As far as your concern, I have dealt with Ben Siegel in several years. I would not be surprised to find that you were interacting with employees during the auctions. I always found Ben to be an upstanding, and responsive seller; but I never participated in auctions. I would imagine that the auctions, or whatever page hosts them, outlines the important information (how soon your animal will ship, for example). How much time has passed since the auction ended? What questions are you asking?

Old 05-25-2016, 02:50 PM   #3
adam1028
I did hear back from him a few minutes ago. He was just real busy, like I said I was not or intended not to make him out as a bad person I was just inquiring.

Looks like he will be one of the good guys.

Old 05-25-2016, 02:57 PM   #4
snowgyre
I don't mean to dig up old dirt, but I feel this is relevant because I honestly don't know the answer. Is Ben still the owner of the business? I thought he either sold the business off or retired after he was indicted on several charges (battery, cruelty to animals) for slapping employees with a bearded dragon last year? I'm not sure if the case is still ongoing?

Source: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...icle-1.2066355

Old 05-25-2016, 05:28 PM   #5
spleephus
I believe he sold off the business and is now "The Jungle", run by a friend of his. I do not believe he has a shop anymore.

Old 05-25-2016, 05:36 PM   #6
snowgyre
Thanks Juan. Just to add to the confusion, their Facebook page link is http://www.fb.com/reptileshop2, but their mailing address is 19333 South Dixie Highway, Miami, FL, which is listed as Pangea Pets. In addition, Ben Siegel's personal page still shares posts from the Ben Siegel Reptile's page (reptileshop2), which is where the auctions take place. Thus, I'm not sure what Ben's involvement is with the business, or who is currently running the auctions and handling purchases?

Jeff, do you know who exactly it was who contacted you about your auction, or was the response just an email?
Attached Images

Old 05-25-2016, 05:38 PM   #7
snowgyre
I want to clarify my questioning above... I am not questioning the validity of the auctions currently being run on the Ben Siegel Reptiles page. I have purchased animals from this website before with zero problems. My only question is who is currently running the business, given past events.

Old 05-25-2016, 06:04 PM   #8
spleephus
Pangea Pets just changed their name to Rowdy Reptiles but it's still the same owners. I do business there and they are wonderful. Buy my feeders and the occasional herp from them. Probably just run the the auctions out of there. Pangea has been there for years and are very helpful locally, if they are involved I would not worry at all. Great bunch of guys.

Old 05-25-2016, 08:20 PM   #9
snakesareawesome
I wonder what happened to the infamous dragon used to perform the smack down? Does anyone know if it was injured?

Old 05-25-2016, 08:41 PM   #10
Black Adder
I cannot say as I know just WHO is running Ben Siegel auctions right now but I have purchased 3 snakes from them, the last one being maybe 6 weeks ago and had zero issues.
Excellent comms, shipped exactly when they said and the last animal ,imo, was truly much better than described or expected, oh and ALL animals purchased are doing very well indeed
I would have no hesitation buying again if they had something i wanted!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!