Good Guy Joe Kahn aka jskahn - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-29-2016, 11:31 PM   #1
nickolasanastasiou
Joe Kahn aka jskahn

KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHN!

For me, Joe Kahn is a great gentleman to work with in transactions or to just toss ideas and information back and forth with.

Very generous. Has some foci on particular species (or variants within species) of chelonians that I am drawn to. The animals he has sent to me have been incredible examples of their respective species, locales, and color forms and I recommend him highly if he has what you are looking for.

He cares a lot for the animals he keeps and always wants what is best for them. If he feels something just does not have the ability to do best long-term in a particular climate, he is not hesitant to place that something in a situation where the climate might afford it a greater chance of success and prosperity.

Aside from that, his willingness to freely share information is appreciated compared to the somewhat more insular norm. Additionally, when he asks for a suggestion, he actually gives the suggestion a shot instead of dismissing it out of hand like many people have a natural tendency to do. That is a relatively uncommon quality for many keepers. Especially keepers who have been successfully working with their animals for a long, long time.

Old 05-31-2016, 12:43 AM   #2
motero
I have 4 Leopard tortoises hatched early 2015 by Joe. They are over a year old and doing great. You can trust Joe and his Torts.

Old 05-31-2016, 08:57 PM   #3
JimM
I've know Joe since 1979 and he has always been that way about his animals. One of the best guys in this hobby.

Old 01-08-2018, 05:40 PM   #4
motero
Our Friend and fellow tortoise and turtle lover, Joe Kahn, (jskahn). Passed away on December 16th. He was a fighter with lots of hope. Right to the end he wanted to go and do and not stay in bed. He bought and sold turtles, tortoises, lizards, on Fauna classifieds and Kingsnake for a long time. There are a lot of people out there with babies he produced. Happy trails Joe!

Old 01-08-2018, 05:44 PM   #5
nickolasanastasiou
Andy Hermes told me about Joe's passing. Thank you for the mention, Karl. Joe is/was a great guy to know. My condolences and best wishes to his wife. Joe left many people and animals better than he found them.

Old 01-08-2018, 05:59 PM   #6
JColt
I know this is wrong place but here is his obit

http://www.wickenburgsun.com/obituar...87ca12eca.html

Old 01-09-2018, 09:31 AM   #7
zovick
This is very sad news, indeed. Joe was a great fellow to know and always did the best for his animals.

Bill Zovickian

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!