Love? Lust? or Puppy Love? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Lonely Hearts Club Forum

Notices

Lonely Hearts Club Forum Looking for someone with a common interest? Why not go where they hang out? Have fun, but not TOO much fun in here. ONLY members over 18 are welcome here.

View Poll Results: How do you explain your initial feelings of a poss. future mate? (only 1 choice)
Love! 1 3.57%
Lust! 15 53.57%
Puppy Love! 3 10.71%
None of the above, I just let nature take its course 9 32.14%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-31-2006, 06:07 PM   #1
HerpLuver
Love? Lust? or Puppy Love?

We all know that when we're young, and we start falling for someone, or claim that we're "In love" with that special someone, our elders are always telling us one of two things.. "Its puppy love" or "Its just your hormones(lust)" I would always get the 2nd one from my dad and uncle's. But from the aunts and mom, it was always "Oh its just puppy love, but its sooooo cute" LoL.

When you first start out in a relationship with someone, which of the 3 words above do you think encompasses your initial feelings of attraction?

When it comes to me, i would almost have to say Lust! But let me explain why. When i first meet a girl that im interested in, there has to be some kind of "Spark" some kind of physical or mental urge to want to be more than friends. Im not shallow, so i wont just accept a pretty girl. There personality also plays a major part. But as i said, there must be some "form" of "lust" as i use the term a bit loosely. Cause at the same time that you can lust after someone's physical appearance. You can also lust for someone's intelligence and wit. For instance, Have you ever wanted to just be around someone because no matter what they said, you could listen to it all in awe. Whether it was there wisdom, there quick wit, etc..

Enough about me, so how do you explain your initial feelings?

Old 06-01-2006, 03:34 AM   #2
techgirl
I admit that in the beginning it's all about the lust. It's what makes the beginning of all relationships fun There has to be that spark in order for anything to get going. But then I could just be a little freak

Old 06-01-2006, 10:00 AM   #3
HerpLuver
Quote:
Originally Posted by techgirl
But then I could just be a little freak

LOL, Nothing wrong with that. Then again, the fact your from my home state, and a freak, makes me wonder how i dont know you already LOL. Unless your from North Jersey. Cause i was from south jersey. Vineland to be more precise. I was pretty much raised in vineland. Born in stratford.

So it looks like we have 4 votes for lust, and no other votes.

How's about the rest of you lovers out there?

Old 06-03-2006, 05:33 AM   #4
hhmoore
I voted lust. I added a comment, which I subsequently deleted because I thought better of it. (decided to come back and explain because I didn't want anybody getting the wrong idea...the comment was about me, and just didn't belong on a public forum).

Old 06-03-2006, 01:13 PM   #5
Laura Fopiano
Well, so far the votes are unanimous!! And Chris I totally agree with the idea that lust comes in many forms! Example: I had a totally hot guy here yesterday delivering snakes....we are good friends and I've never really payed much attention to his looks until yesterday....however his personality is the turn off. He has a wealth of information on the animals that we work with, he has beautiful features, we're both single, but, there's just something missing! No spark, not even smoke!

Old 06-06-2006, 04:26 AM   #6
ladyserpent7
i picked i just let nature take its course...it just sort of has to happen accidently...i donno how to explain it..even if i find someone attractive..ill ignore it and if its meant to be in the future that were both attracted to eachother at the same time and something happens to show that...so let it be

Old 06-08-2006, 10:15 PM   #7
old guy
in my honest opinion lust then and now

normally from a guys standpoint.........lust at first when starting out........and I'm LUSTING again at my age ! LOL ! HEY, while I'm on several dating web-sites, it is very apparent that lust is the motivator of these sites. This is my profile on some of these sites : hot and horny old guy with raging hormones but can be controlled by me as to not jumping your bones or trying to get into your pants ( unless you want me to ) immediately. Relation ship ? , possibility, commitment ? not now but later maybe. Love at first sight ? Nope ! Don't believe in that. Eye appeal and or physical attraction by both ? Yes definitely of some magnitude. Am I a one woman man ? Yes as mutual satisfaction and pleasure met or attained in several areas. Am I or you playing a game ( a lot of women ask of me and others on these sites ) and I tell them > the biggest game in town is these dating web-sites of great expectations and or Mr. or Miss perfect flying down the tube ! The odds and percentile is just to much against. My matches that have been in contact but I have yet to re-act > ages 27-38 and 50 to 70 year olds . YIKES on the older ladies even when I have in my profile of wants in me being still very sexual active ? Well, have I interested any ladies here ? LOL !

Old 09-23-2006, 11:55 AM   #8
Shellybee
Again I am the 1% of a poll post. lol. There are a lot of gorgeous men out there but what do they have in common with us? When I meet a guy and we are all into the “meet to’s” in a conversation it is so exciting. I know that that is ridiculous but it is so exciting to me. My life is mundane so I get excitement where I can…

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!