first time Hogg Island Boa Breeder - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-21-2012, 08:35 PM   #91
PrismaSandBoaMorphs
Would breed the female shown at the begining of this post.
With what morph of male I'm not sure.

Old 11-21-2012, 08:37 PM   #92
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrismaSandBoaMorphs View Post
"What else could be added to the gene pool as far as other morphs go to make for a gorgeous looking snake?"
Look up a member here that goes by the user name of ShadowConstrictor. You could partner up with him in trying to produce the elusive "Boathon" hybrid.

If you're determined to breed them in the hopes of making pretty snakes, Google pics of various boas until you find traits you like, then have at it. When mixing and matching genetics, trial and error will likely be your most reliable source of information. Just represent the offspring honestly, if/when you sell them. You're not likely to get many responses that deviate very far from what you've already received. May be time to leave well enough alone.

Old 11-21-2012, 08:43 PM   #93
PrismaSandBoaMorphs
Thanks.
Like I said just looking to make something beautiful.
I will take your advice by looking through morphs that I like.

Old 11-21-2012, 09:12 PM   #94
Metachrosis
If you think a white flag raising is rude you aint seen much guy.
You have been very clearly told many times in this thread,
YOU DO NOT HAVE,your insisting on painting a turd gold and picking it up from the clean end and its called being delusional.(look it up)

I have legit Hog Islands here as well as some other locale specific Central Americans,I know what Im looking at most times,with 6 months experience
Im getting pretty good at it.
What you have are Central American mutts with visual traits similar to Hog Island BCI,again see above reference to the gold turd.

You want pretty colored CA boa ? you must have specific genetics
to specifically mix for reasonable expected results (1+1=2 simple)

This a freak high color Hog female born here,she is pretty but not what I prefer nor suggest as a true form representation of the locale

Quote:
@Meta, gathering other helpful info to make the best out of what I do have. Can't blame a man for that.
You get delt a card, and it's up to the holder how they play it. I'm just asking others to give me ideas of what to breed them with to make more pretts boas. Hhmoore has been a great help throughout this whole post.
If more people would do as HH is, and actually give info on what I can breed what I am now stuck with to make more pretty boas.
Such as what can I add to them to have any more beautiful offspring.

Telling me to wave my white flag is just another way of being rude.

Old 11-21-2012, 11:02 PM   #95
PrismaSandBoaMorphs
My female "halfbreed" looks a lot like that snake you just posted.

Old 11-21-2012, 11:07 PM   #96
JCCS
Quote:
My female "halfbreed" looks a lot like that snake you just posted.
You saying that demonstrates your complete lack of knowledge and experience in this area. In specifics to Hog Islands, Tommy's animal looks nothing like yours. As he said, his animal isn't a true representation of the wild populations there, but it is very obviously much more adherent to the look of a Hog Island than your animals.

Old 11-22-2012, 02:08 AM   #97
Durante
Wow, this thread grew fast...

I thought I seen you say were looking to breed to beautiful boa's.
Are you sure you didn't mean you want to breed for less common, more expensive animals? If it's actually just a hobby like you say, there's a lot you can do in this hobby besides breeding. The hobby always changes & there's always something new to learn, usually hobbyist invest time before they invest money. I'm not going to keep beating the horse here but did want to share a few things with you to think about, take it or leave it.

I didn't think the boa's you posted were ugly at all. When I was younger a guy "sold" (practically gave) me a large normal boa, full of scars, that no one liked from the back of his pet store. It was never cared for correctly & I'm sure the only reason I got it was because he was tired of feeding & dealing with a snake no one wanted. I had it for years & just to keep the story short & sweet I dont anymore but I'd pay more then what I paid for any of my current boas to have that exact boa back now. I'm not sure that makes sense to you or anyone else.

The story is not my way of condoning you breeding these snakes because I dont. I guess what I'm saying is if you focused & put as much effort into them 2 snakes as your unrealistic plans, you might actually find they are worth more then any litter they could ever produced, no matter what you pair them with.

Old 11-22-2012, 07:23 AM   #98
Muscle Morph Constrictors
I haven't even seen all of the responses to this thread, but I'm sure I'm in line with everyone else by saying...

1) They are not pure hogs
2) As far as I can see even using the term "hog cross" is a stretch
3) "What are they worth?" Market value for a common boa at BEST
4) "Dire need of help" Really? Why are you in such a "dire need" to breed
a pair of less than decent looking boas? The hobby doesn't need any more
$35-$55 boas (being sold/misrepresented as Hog Island Boas)

I'm sorry, but if this thread was called "Look at my new Craigslist Rescues" it would have made more sense...

Just my $.02

Old 11-22-2012, 09:33 AM   #99
Metachrosis
Heres you a real 50/50 Sears Hog Island
Half Rentfro and half Russo,she's an 02 seven foot 1.5lb rabbit eater

Old 11-22-2012, 09:56 AM   #100
JCCS
Now that's a Hog girl!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
breeding, hogg island boa