first time Hogg Island Boa Breeder - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-21-2012, 04:24 PM   #61
PrismaSandBoaMorphs
I wouldn't say they are pure hogs now that I know they are not pure.
They are still half hog, and that does matter. Idc about other people's breeding purposes. They are just pets. They shouldn't have to spend their life in a small bin on a rack anyway.

Old 11-21-2012, 04:27 PM   #62
PrismaSandBoaMorphs
Thanks for the input.
I just want to breed them for my own hobby. Chances are I'll end up keeping all the babies.
I've got rats for days.
Have nearly 5000 rats so feeding won't be an issue.

Old 11-21-2012, 04:29 PM   #63
PrismaSandBoaMorphs
No need for hostile responses. I'm not mad for the record. I am thankful for what info that has been provided. I am now looking for the best way to make the prettiest snakes I can with what I have for my own self.
If there's anything I can breed them to, for myself mind you, I'd like to know what can be added to the genes I have to make a beautiful snake.

Old 11-21-2012, 04:32 PM   #64
PrismaSandBoaMorphs
I breed womaballs, which are crosses that people love. It just all depends on the buyer. Some people hate that I cross them, but many love it.

Old 11-21-2012, 04:33 PM   #65
PrismaSandBoaMorphs
Let's say I start over. 1000 bucks in hand, what would I be able to do?

Old 11-21-2012, 04:35 PM   #66
JCCS
Buy gold bullion.

Old 11-21-2012, 04:45 PM   #67
PrismaSandBoaMorphs
if i wanted to invest in gold i would have already. i enjoy snakes, stop being so rude. I was asking questions, in a place full of information, and got treated like shit for asking those questions.

Old 11-21-2012, 04:47 PM   #68
PrismaSandBoaMorphs
Sorry you don't like the fact that I'm going to knowingly breed a crossbreed.
Ever heart of crossing two purebreed dogs to make something amazing?
Its not like I'm sending a rock python gene around. Ffs.

Old 11-21-2012, 04:47 PM   #69
PrismaSandBoaMorphs
Hear*

Old 11-21-2012, 05:05 PM   #70
hhmoore
Aaaaaand, it continues. Jacob - welcome to FaunaClassifieds - home of the hard truth, with little of that sticky candy coating.
As I stated earlier, in response to your question about value/worth - those boas are worth no more than common boas...and, in the eyes of many, they're worth less. We understand that is a bit of a slap, even more so when you realize that you've been cheated; it's just, for many of us, hog island crosses are not a good thing because they corrupt an already limited bloodline.
Now, you've said you're going to breed them anyway. That is your choice, you (over)paid for them. My suggestion is that if you are set on your plan, and you so dislike the information you are being given, that you simply let the discussion go. Do what you are going to do, and honestly represent the babies when you decide to sell them. There are lots of people that buy cheap boas for pets - they will be your market. Yes - all they will be is cheap boas...try to make them anything more, and you'll be housing them yourself.
For now, you need to slow yourself down a little bit. You've accepted that they aren't pure hog island boas...but, by saying they are still half hog island, you are still misrepresenting them. The bottom line is that you don't know how much hog island is in them. The best thing you can do is lose the hog island fixation you currently (and understandably) have. They're just pretty boas.
As far as breeding options - hypo, motley, or a nice pastel would work for you. Enjoy your boas...you wandered into a touchy subject, that just speaks to the passion people have for these animals. Make the best of it, learn from it (the people posting on this thread are excellent resources), and understand that it's nothing personal.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
breeding, hogg island boa