Mesh(Please Reply!!!) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Chameleons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-24-2005, 12:45 AM   #1
pcfreak
Mesh(Please Reply!!!)

I heard petscreen mesh is good. I am just wondering if an older cham could get injured with this.
Thanks,
Jacob

Old 06-24-2005, 10:43 AM   #2
JasonDescamps
Pet screen is tough and durable but it is pretty dark and blocks alot of light from getting into the cage. If you are building a cage for a larger cham I would look into 1/4" to 1/2" hardware cloth instead of screen.

Old 06-24-2005, 12:16 PM   #3
pcfreak
If I use the pet screen it is going to be on the sides, back, and maybe the front. Im using aluminum screening for the top and bottom. is aluminum screening 1/4" ok for older chams. Because i have read how it could file down/tear off their nails. I also heard it can get an infection if it gets cut on it.

Old 06-24-2005, 12:18 PM   #4
pcfreak
would the hardware cloth have the same effect as aluminum?
Thanks,
Jacob

Old 06-24-2005, 02:24 PM   #5
JasonDescamps
You can't buy 1/4" aluminum screening. It would have to be hardware cloth. I have used 1/4" for panthers and veileds without any issues for years. Alot of people prefer 1/2" for those species and that will also work just fine. I have never had an issue with foot infections in using hardware cloth. Insect screen can cause nail loss, especially in larger species and yes there can be infection if these losses occur.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!