Status check on Warning System Mod program - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

View Poll Results: Is the warning points mod progam making a positive difference?
Yes! 5 13.89%
Things are somewhat better but need some changes 20 55.56%
Things are somewhat worse, actually 1 2.78%
It's too early. Needs more time to tell 5 13.89%
No! It's not working at all. 1 2.78%
What program? 4 11.11%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-08-2007, 11:12 PM   #31
Double "D" Reptiles
[So stop whining and deal with it.[/quote]

Erin and others,
I'm not whining about it. In fact, I have clearly stated that I have accepted responsibility for the post that got me into trouble in the first place. I have also apologized in that thread as best I can at this time.

I utilized this thread due to it's voting properties and appropriate forum for discussion. Mr. Lawson was asked in an earlier post to give direct reference to his issue with the system so I thought it appropriate to reference my own situation from whence came my thoughts related, and relative at this time, to my own vote since voting is still enabled.

If the entire discussion about this issue is closed and not open to thoughtful and mature debate, then this thread should be locked/closed so that absolutely nobody can ever post in it again. Otherwise, we should keep this as civilized as possible. I don't believe that I ever mentioned any PM between you and me as that may lead some members to speculate as to the nature of those messages, which were between 2 people (even though one is a mod and one a member) who had dissenting opinions. I am aware enough of things to know that I wasn't going to come out ahead in the debate, yet I took our PRIVATE discussions as a learning experience. I also attempted, unsuccessfully it appears, to take it to an appropriate location for the discussion.

My apologies to you and anyone else who may have been offended by said actions.

David

Old 07-08-2007, 11:21 PM   #32
monkeywrench133
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrench133
So stop whining and deal with it.
I guess I now need to add "Stop insulting my intelligence with your drivel".

Old 07-08-2007, 11:25 PM   #33
Double "D" Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrench133
I guess I now need to add "Stop insulting my intelligence with your drivel".
I find it amazing that you chose to answer my reply with what could easily be construed as a personal attack. Perhaps if this is the best that can be achieved by your self-proclaimed intelligence then this thread is truly through and should indeed be locked.

I'm sorry that you felt that way.

David

Old 07-08-2007, 11:42 PM   #34
Double "D" Reptiles
One thing I have noticed that has piqued my interest in the warning point system just a bit. And I say this with full respect to the system as it is right at this moment, fully accepting it. It seems odd to me that when a member gets dinged by a single moderator it can easily lead to more warning points being issued for the same post. However, in reviewing an admittedly small number of instances where Rich has issued the warning points as WebSlave then no further warning points seem to be issued by other moderators for said infraction.

Is this something that was set up that I simply haven't gotten to in reading all of the pages of the posts that Harold referenced me to earlier or is it something else altogether? I'm not looking to stir the ire of any particular individual but rather to gain a full understanding of this system as it exists.

David

Old 07-08-2007, 11:43 PM   #35
monkeywrench133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double "D" Reptiles
Perhaps if this is the best that can be achieved by your self-proclaimed intelligence then this thread is truly through and should indeed be locked.

And this would qualify as "antagonism towards a moderator".

Old 07-09-2007, 06:40 AM   #36
Double "D" Reptiles
BINGO!

We, have a winner!

Ding, ding, ding.....

And that's the ballgame! We have a winner!

If my above post was indeed "antagonism towards a moderator" after an earlier statement which seemed very much like a personal attack, then this is indeed a sad day. I feel as if I have been publicly raped by a moderator on this site and told to take it and like it. All of a sudden I feel extremely "dirty." The least you could have done was reference your previous post where my words were described as "drivel" that "insulted your intelligence."

I guess that there really is no room for discussion, mature or otherwise, where some people are concerned. I thought that some things were anathema even here but even that seems to be untrue in this current climate. It is enough to make me think I should seriously reconsider my position regarding the practices of of an individual I have disliked quite strongly for so many years as at least that leopard has not changed it's spots. This will require a lot of long hours in contemplation.

I can't believe that this is the depth to which even this site has fallen if this is allowed to stand untouched.

Old 07-09-2007, 09:22 AM   #37
DThomas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Lawson
I it a great idea but the trouble remains that certain site mods seem to overlook violations made by their buddies and nail others and abuse the power that they have.
Since the site mods are Ken, Dr. Owens, and I, show the proof where the three of us have done that.

Old 07-10-2007, 10:19 AM   #38
ravensgait
David, you keep trying to compare your getting warning points here to a police giving you a ticket when there really is no like comparison. This is a web site not a highway, your using a keyboard not a few thousand pound vehicle.

Your upset because you got more than one warning point for a single post and it has been pointed out to you the system was set up just so that if necessary that very thing could happen.. WS Mods don't carry a very big stick so if a real point needs to be made more than one can try to make that point. Your not the first and I'm sure not the last to feel that you have been unjustly put upon and not the first to PM the person(s) that gave you the warning(s) No need to make more out of this than there is, it's simple you broke the rules and got a few warning points and just as a cop would tell you ignorance of the law(rules) is no excuse. So just take your warning and move on. It's a small thing not worth getting so worked up over.

Old 07-10-2007, 09:07 PM   #39
Stardust
If you have read all of what the warning system is all about you will know that when Rich gives a warning it packs a higher punch then others so no need really for anyone else to give them as well unless someone else feels strongly about what was said.

As far as more then one police as in a traffic ticket it would be like Rich being the one cop giving a 100 dollar (points) ticket as opposed to lower mods with not as much power giving 10 10 dollar tickets (points). It just depends on how many happen to see it or how many think that more points are necessary for that particular offense. If people happen to see it and think that it was enough then they just do not give more.

Old 07-11-2007, 12:45 AM   #40
WebSlave
One of the design considerations for this system change was the potential for a large group of members who felt STRONG enough about ousting someone who they deem as a verifiable detriment to this site that they could obtain the power to do so. Just as cops CAN run someone out of town if the need exists to do so.

Yeah, some have complained that the bar is too high, and others have taken pot shots at others who made the leap anyway. That's my choice, and I made it, for better or for worse, as the members get used to the power (and the danger) of their new six-shooter. Yep some can blow their own head off if they aren't careful. With the authority comes the responsibility.

I have provided the opportunity for the membership to pretty much run this site how they see fitting and prudent. If I see where a helping hand from me is needed to speed things along, why yes, I will likely provide that help.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!