Evan Stahl Please pay me. - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-25-2006, 12:03 AM   #11
markface
i dont know lee , but he doesnt sound to good .

i've dealt with evan before and was quite pleased with everything about it .

Old 10-25-2006, 12:07 AM   #12
bbbxcursion
I've never heard a bad thing about Evan. Lee Watson is FULL of bad crap. His 'show' should have been closed a long time ago.

Old 10-25-2006, 12:14 AM   #13
joepythons
true

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbxcursion
I've never heard a bad thing about Evan. Lee Watson is FULL of bad crap. His 'show' should have been closed a long time ago.
I totally agree with you here.What caught my eye was whom created this thread and who he was slamming.I have not had the honor yet to deal with Evan directly,although everything i have heard about him was positive remarks.Now Lee everyone in Illinois knows him and his scummy ways .Cmon Lee post your rebuttal to this before we all fall asleep

Old 10-25-2006, 12:18 AM   #14
Junkyard
Did you two ever decide on a price for the animal before it swapped hands?

Old 10-25-2006, 12:19 AM   #15
Chameleon Company
Evan,
Did you walk away with the monitor at an agreed upon price, whether it was your intent to resell it, keep it, barbecue it, or drop-kick it though the goalposts of life ? Taking it "on consignment" is one thing, but while it s sounds like you wish that were the arrangement, you indicate it was not. If there were contingencies, what were they ? My interpretation of what you said is that you took it at an agreed upon price, perhaps lamenting it afterwards. If you may have had a pre-arranged deal prior to seeing it, then saw it and was disappointed, did you take it at the earlier deal price, or negotiate a new deal with Lee then and there, which would have been the prudent approach? IMO, all the other stuff about talking behind backs, shows, etc, is unfortunate, but it doesn't change the price. Enlighten us all without the fluff if possible.

Old 10-25-2006, 12:28 AM   #16
Lee Watson
Evan, Evan, Evan.

You have completely missed your calling in life. I truely feel sorry for you that you have to make up stories to avoid obligations. Have you ever considered printing your fiction? I'm not going to get involved in defending myself against he said she said. Your whole answer starts out as lies, I couldn't have called you cause I purchased the monitor at my show that morning. You came to my table, saw the monitorand said I need that. I told you I had just paid $400 If I didn't get more by the end of the show you could have it for that. By the way I don't sell venomous or indiginous out of my home, Although I am Licensed with Illinois and APHIS to do so. I think the last venomous I sold was the 3 Albino rattlesnakes You didn't pay me for cause they died 30 to 90 days later. Because of my not getting paid for them was the reason I said cash is the word NO credit. When you went to my table and handed my wife $115 and told her that was our agreement you were stealing. When I got back to my table I was furious and ran outside . You were gone.

By the way my show was shut down for emminate domaine. And then the best offer I could get was $200,000 per acre. That figures I got a million dollars just for my mud parking lot. I ran 24 shows a year with an average of
960 people thru the door. We averaged 1 DNR raid every 15 years with 16 misdemener tickets. These are facts not fiction like deadbeats would have you believe.

Lee Watson

Old 10-25-2006, 12:33 AM   #17
evansnakes
When I took the animal I told Lee it was not as described and not worth as much as he wanted. He told me he would give me a better price but to see if I could sell it to my customer and that "we would figure it out later". After having dealt with the man so often for so many years I thought he would keep his word to me. It was not until almost a year after I took the animal that I found out what he thought the deal was and what he was saying behind my back. I did not even know he thought that I owed him money or that he was unhappy with the deal as he never said a word to me even when I called him at his house to talk to him. The money he thinks I owe him should have been the price reduction on the animal not being as it was described to me prior to my picking it up. I understand completely what you guys are saying but you have to understand that Lee is one of those good old boys who says vague things and sometimes there are misunderstandings. All that being equal, if I ever would have paid him the $285 he thinks I owe him to just be done with him for good, which I was going to do, once I learned that he set up one of his buddies to rip me off for $800, that was never going to happen.

Old 10-25-2006, 12:36 AM   #18
Junkyard
Lee, you sold Evan three snakes that he never paid you for then turned around and sold him a monitor?

Evan, why punish Lee for someone elses wrong doing to you? Unless there is undeniable proof that Lee set you up to be ripped off, he can not be blamed for a bad deal between you and someone else.

Old 10-25-2006, 12:36 AM   #19
bbbxcursion
People in this area know Watson's a scammer, this does not surprise me at all.

Old 10-25-2006, 12:38 AM   #20
varnyard
Even, as much as hate to say it Michael and Jim are right. Regardless of what is going on else where, if you agreed on a set price on this deal, then the burden is on your shoulders. My advice would be to give him his said dollars and wash your hands of him. He does not sound like the type that needs to worry about my business, or many others.

As the old saying goes: Every dog has his day.

You are good guy in our book, that is what matters. You will make this up and then some in the future.

He will only loose much more in time.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!