Bad Guy Ty park/ ty lizards FL - Page 254 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-26-2018, 08:41 PM   #2531
JimM
Hope everyone won't forget the the Ty Park supporters who laughed about it and were patting him on the back as he tried to blatantly cheat Michelle.

Look back early in the posting and you'll see who else to avoid in the future.

Way too many Ty Park wannabes in the herp community ...

Old 11-26-2018, 08:57 PM   #2532
Pasodama
Congrats Michelle!

~~~~

Old 11-26-2018, 09:24 PM   #2533
Lucille
Michelle had the courage to stand up for herself, and I admire her. But as someone just posted there have been some hurtful posts and a bunch of kissing up to Ty earlier. Michelle has said to me that she is afraid that in the future people will not sell to her

Michelle, most sellers, I think, are good wholesome ethical people. I think most can see that you did not go through all this until you had, several times, asked Ty for what was rightfully yours. I think you should have no worries about being accepted in this community and I am sure there are sellers who would be honored to sell to you in the future.

Old 11-26-2018, 09:50 PM   #2534
JimM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
Michelle has said to me that she is afraid that in the future people will not sell to her
That should be the last of her concerns . Anyone who wouldn't deal with her because they were Ty Parks supporters is doing her a big favor.

I just suggested for eveyone not to to forget who the Ty Parks cheer leaders were and avoid doing business with them.

Old 11-27-2018, 04:13 PM   #2535
Guy Castro
Quote:
Michelle has said to me that she is afraid that in the future people will not sell to her .
Just posts their names on this thread,so I can add them to the A-HOLE list.

Old 11-27-2018, 10:58 PM   #2536
snakesareawesome
Glad this is finally coming to a close. I'm sure Mr. Parks has a great lizard collection but he did the wrong thing here by not honoring his agreement with Michelle and giving her the lizard or the cash. Obviously, the judge saw it the same way the majority of us on here did. I hope the money will help make up for all the stress she's been through and I hope Mr. Parks will just do the right thing going forward and save himself a lot of money in the process.

Old 11-28-2018, 12:52 AM   #2537
predators
Quote:
Originally Posted by JColt View Post
Just shy of 2 years since the start of this thread. Must be very gratifying. Congrats.
I too am glad Michelle won. Ty lost money but, he accomplished exactly what he hoped too. He delayed and stalled right up to the very end. He pushed it as far as he could before a contempt of court charge (criminal) would be brought against him. We may never know terms of the settlement but, I bet it involves a payment plan where Ty pays a certain amount each month over a year or two. This further delays things. Ty did lose the money but in his mind he probably claims victory by making Michelle, someone he felt was ungrateful for winning a charity prize jump through hoops (over two years) to finally get paid. He was going to make her work and cause her as much aggravation as he could to collect what was hers. This is a sick way of thinking but, this IS his thought process. He has done similar things before!

Old 11-28-2018, 04:13 AM   #2538
caffeinecynic
Quote:
Michelle had the courage to stand up for herself, and I admire her. But as someone just posted there have been some hurtful posts and a bunch of kissing up to Ty earlier. Michelle has said to me that she is afraid that in the future people will not sell to her

Michelle, most sellers, I think, are good wholesome ethical people. I think most can see that you did not go through all this until you had, several times, asked Ty for what was rightfully yours. I think you should have no worries about being accepted in this community and I am sure there are sellers who would be honored to sell to you in the future.
I will address this as someone who did criticize some of Michelle’s behavior earlier on.

Let me preface by saying point blank, you deserved to win michelle, and I’m glad you did. Ty did you wrong.

I will say that I think you could have handled some of your conversations with him early on better. Not because you were wrong but because some of how you spoke came across as very brash and emotional.

That does not mean, however, that I think you are a bad person or a bad customer. I’m simply saying this to be as impartial as possible and to try and guide forward: I would try to breathe and have a little more tact before addressing a seller in the future.

Again: not that I think it would have changed anything with Ty, it wouldn’t have, he had his mind made up. Just as a word of advice going forward.

As for not selling to you - I wouldn’t worry about that. If anything, your willingness to fight for your convictions is admirable and I personally would have no problem selling to you if I produced something you wanted.

Old 11-28-2018, 11:02 AM   #2539
WebSlave
Quote:
Michelle has said to me that she is afraid that in the future people will not sell to her
I SERIOUSLY doubt that this sort of thing will happen. At least not with anyone worth buying from. This, IMHO, has shown that Michelle is a knowledgeable buyer and knows what she wants, and wasn't willing to take anything less or different that was offered after the deal was struck. No one should be literally forced to accept something different from what the agreement was for in any transaction. Especially when the alternative offered by the seller is to receive nothing at all if you do not accept their ex post facto demands.

Personally, I found this incident to be quite fascinating as a lesson in what can potentially happen when someone throws around lawsuits without thinking it FULLY through and making certain they are standing on solid legal ground. This is as perfectly suited as an excellent example of "grabbing a tiger by the tail" that I could ever think of.

IMHO, of course.

Old 11-28-2018, 12:04 PM   #2540
JimM
Quote:
Originally Posted by caffeinecynic View Post
I would try to breathe and have a little more tact before addressing a seller in the future.
She wasn't addressing a 'seller' in a bad way. She was addressing a bum that was flat-out cheating her.

Parks accomplished almost everything he set out to do which was putting her through as much hell as possible before she finally quit pursuing what was honestly hers, costing her a lot of money, time and stress before he kept HER lizard, the $400.00 entry fee and the $3,000. promised if he couldn't provide the promised lizard.

He failed on the second part but he's still satisfied and laughing that he he put her through hell. That's the A**H*** he is.

There are plenty more of his type around - way too many.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
raffle, tegu