Joe Pierce Snakes Alive INQUIRY - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-16-2005, 07:19 PM   #1
FireDrake
Joe Pierce Snakes Alive INQUIRY

I have bids on two of his auctions for corn snakes on ReptileAuction.com. He has a really good rating but I wanted to ask here anyways. Can his hets be trusted? The snakes for sale look great!

Thanks!

Sarah

Old 12-16-2005, 07:26 PM   #2
FireDrake
My Bad

You know I thought of using the handy search tool just as I pressed the button to post here. Looks like he's well liked!

Sarah

Old 12-16-2005, 10:25 PM   #3
Cat_72
I bought a few corns from him last year......they weren't old enough this year to prove out as hets, but they were very healthy, well shipped, and as he always promises, great eaters. He was great to deal with as well, I would buy from him again anytime.

Old 12-17-2005, 09:09 AM   #4
KathyLove
Joe has been breeding corns quite a LONG time! He developed the morph now called lava corn and is working to breed it into various other color combos.

I have done a few deals with him in the past and they have gone fine. I would not hesitate to deal with him again, and I would believe whatever he says about hets. He seems to have great record keeping as far as I can tell. I think most of his snakes (at least the lavas) may now be registered in the new ACR (corn registry), so looking there will give you an idea of his record keeping too, and enable you to trace the ancestry of your new corns.

Old 12-17-2005, 09:20 AM   #5
FireDrake
Wow I didnt know that about the Lava corn! Thanks so much! I feel confident now, and I hope I win these auctions!

Sarah

Old 12-18-2005, 06:08 PM   #6
SevierSerpents
Joe is an avid contributor on the sister site; http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums

He has quite a good reputation there from those he has sold to. I have not directly purchased through him, but would not hesitate to do so. He already knows I have my eyes on some of his upcoming offerings.

- Liam Sevier

Old 12-19-2005, 09:09 AM   #7
MohrSnakes
Joe is top notch!
I have purchased several corns from him and they are all great. He is one of the most down to earth big time breeders out there and has MANY impressive morphs. One of the first to debut the lavender stripes and opal stripes and on the edge of the lava morphs as well.

Although I gave the lava corn the trade name, Joe is the largest breeder of them and that would be the first place I'd go to buy one. In fact, I've been getting hets and others from him almost every year for the past couple! Joe produced the first lava lavenders last year and is ready to produce a few more 'new' varieties in the up coming seasons. Your money will be well spent with him.....no scam worries with this one!
By the way...I think it has been said, but search for his name (ecreipeoj) on cornsnakes.com and you'll see everything he is involved in.

Cheers,
-Jeff

Old 12-19-2005, 09:51 PM   #8
A_Mc
Joe is a great guy with some awesome animals. I have made several purchases, and have been delighted with the quality of his animals. His hatchlings have always come to me healthy, voracious feeders and fast growers. He is, IMHO one of the best around, and would recommend him to anyone looking for a top notch snake, and a worry free transaction!!

Old 12-21-2005, 09:02 AM   #9
FireDrake
Good Guy post

Just wanted to close up this thread by saying I bought four corns from Joe, a pair of amel hurricane motleys het butter and a pair of crimsons. They arrived yesterday after a bad mix up with the Fed Ex driver, he delivered them to the wrong house and left them on the doorstep! But I finally got them yesterday evening and they were fine, nice and warm and fat! It was a great experience and I couldnt have asked for more!

Thanks

Sarah

Old 12-21-2005, 10:35 AM   #10
renreps
Angry

Hello,
Check out my Hall of shame page.
http://www.renegadereptiles.com/hallofshame.htm
It will give you an account of my dealings with Mr. Pierce. Take from it, what you will!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!