Venomous Reptile Charity Event - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 11-24-2012, 06:21 PM   #1
Dracorex5
Venomous Reptile Charity Event

Hello everyone, I'm Taylor Shields. For the holidays, I wanted to set up charity events as my work of service for the season! After working a toy drive at church, and proceeding to try and work a charity with the local nature center, I found that charities for reptiles are few and unfound in a lot of areas. Particularly for "pesky" reptiles such as venomous, which I have come to adore.

So, for my personal charity, I am setting up a "Games For Fangs" 24 hour livestreamed gaming session. It works similiar to a marathon, in that people pledge a certain amount per hour of videogame time. The amount of hours played is the amount of money paid! The money will all, 100%, go to a venomous charity of donator choosing (majority rules!) through a paypal that will be set up in the next few weeks. I will be doing this charity sometime in December during my winter break, and I hope to raise a lot of money for our dear dangerous friends!

I'm still working out the kinks. I want this to be secure and safe for all donors, stealing your money is NOT what I'm going for in the least. If you have any suggestions to how I can make this safe, reliable, and fun, please email me at

gamesforfangs@gmail.com

I want to do something good, and originally thought a marathon would be fun to do. However, my knees have decided to give up young, and physical activity just isnt as possible as it used to be... So I turned to my next favorite thing! A lot of my friends have been doing these 24-hour videogame charity sessions, and I have a lot of support from friends and family to set this all up! It will be livestreamed over webcam, to keep me honest. And if a goal is not met by the 24 hour mark (goal to be decided based on donor interest) then I will go into a 10 hour "double time" for twice the donation per hour! (I'm gonna need to load my tiny body with a TON of caffeine)

Tell me what you guys think! I'm open to comments and suggestions of all sorts! Thank you guys, and I hope this is something that will help our slithery friends for the holiday season!

Old 11-24-2012, 06:38 PM   #2
Lucille
An interesting idea. Why don't you have the vote first, and anyone who wants to donate to that particular organization can do so directly, and mention that they are doing so because you initiated this fundraiser.

There are some major good guys that have gone bad, and there are some who might be a little hesitant about putting funds into a personal Paypal account, nothing personal.

Old 11-24-2012, 09:18 PM   #3
Dracorex5
Oh no I completely understand the hesitation. I watch the Bad Guy threads like a soap opera. People have every right to be cautious after the kind of stuff that happens there! I just want to make sure that the money gets where it needs to go, and directly might be the best bet now that you mention it. The paypal would have just been for conviniance purposes but I dont want anyone to feel their money is at risk

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!