leucistic gopher? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pituophis & Drymarchon Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-25-2007, 08:12 PM   #1
wisema2297
leucistic gopher?

Has anyone heard of such? This was labeled a leucistic gopher at the Richmond, Va show today. I didn't know there was such a creature. I took a few pics that are not real great. One thing you notice is that it is an albino by the red eyes (unless they have an albino leucistic now!!) maybe this is really a blizzard? It had a $300 price tag on it. The vendor seemed honest in that I heard him tell several people wich of his animals where cross bred or hybrid and which where pure.

Old 03-25-2007, 08:46 PM   #2
Wilomn
If it's got red eyes, it can't, by definition, be leusistic. If it's not white with black eyes, it's not leusistic. I have not heard of any leusistic gophers. The scale pattern on it's head looks funky too. My guess is that it is not a purebred animal.

Old 03-26-2007, 12:13 PM   #3
Nokturnel Tom
It's a Blizzard Sonoran

You can read a bit about the line if you check out my Envy Sonoran post with the web address Tom Stevens

Old 03-26-2007, 02:45 PM   #4
wisema2297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nokturnel Tom
You can read a bit about the line if you check out my Envy Sonoran post with the web address Tom Stevens
Thanks Tom, I read that yesterday. I also went ahead and bought it and got a decent deal at $250.

Old 03-26-2007, 02:50 PM   #5
Nokturnel Tom
cool

They're great snakes, you will really enjoy keeping that guy. Tom Stevens

Old 03-27-2007, 03:54 PM   #6
sherlogg
Hi Ralph,

great animal, but i think (like Wilomn told you) these are not pure Pits. And leucistic animals normally have no red eyes !

I only know about leucistic Pines !

Old 03-27-2007, 04:10 PM   #7
Nokturnel Tom
Bulls--t!

Blizzard Sonoran Gophers are NOT Hybrids. They originate from Lemke and I have seen many of them. Now one guy looks at a pic and says they are and so that's that? Wrong. This line produces Hypos, Hybinos, Ghosts and Blizzards, it is a well established project that has been available for quite some time. How someone can come on here and make a blatant accusation after looking at one pic is ridiculous. This line has been looked at by many Pit lovers and Hybrids have never been suspect.
Tom Stevens TomSnakes.com

Old 03-27-2007, 10:08 PM   #8
Wilomn
tom, you're certainly getting worked up there.

Does, or does not, the head pattern shown above look typical? If it doesn't look typical, what do you suppose could cause that?

I STILL think the snake pictured above is NOT a purebred animal. I have NOT stated anything about any other snake or line of snakes out there.

So, what do you say about the one snake pictured in this post? Does that look like a typical sonoran gopher headscale pattern to YOU?

Old 03-27-2007, 11:49 PM   #9
Nokturnel Tom
I'll tell you what....

If you'd be kind enough to view the adult Gopher pics I just posted in the Pit forum on Kingsnake.com and let me know what you think of those I will tell you why I got worked up. They are probably still at the very top of the page.
I have not posted pics on this site in so long I forgot how to do so but if i have time I may post a bunch on here too. Tom Stevens

http://forums.kingsnake.com/view.php?id=1280033,1280033

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!