please help my mojave ball python - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Veterinarian Practice & General Health Issues

Notices

Veterinarian Practice & General Health Issues Anything to do with veterinarians, health issues, pathogens, hygiene, or sanitation.

Old 11-16-2011, 02:36 AM   #1
heatherp
Exclamation please help my mojave ball python

I noticed just recently even though hes in shed, hes bubbling at the mouth, i had a cinnamon male that did that and the next day was dead, please help, i dont know whats wrong or what to do, there are no vets near by that i know about. I thought it might be a mouth infection, both snakes were fed mice that looked sick, both rejected the mice and now this happened. i can take photos if asked for, i just want to keep him from being in pain.

hes had no prior problems, treated with mite preventative when i got him, and kept in a snake rack with heat and water, i think the mouse had somthing to do with it but i cant prove that. please help

Old 11-16-2011, 03:08 AM   #2
Cat_Eyed_Lady
I dont have ball pythons but I do have corns, northern pines, sand boas and mbk's ... I do beleive that normally when you see bubbles like that it means a respitory infection.

I hope someone who has ball pythons will come in soon with some help for you. All I can suggest is to try to find a vet because he may need antibiatics.

Old 11-16-2011, 08:00 AM   #3
Focal
Unless you are no longer in Long Beach, there are plenty of reptile vets. If the last one died and was not vetted, then you need to take this one or the results will be the same. In fact, I would not doubt that this snake caught it from the last one (if not it's most likely a husbandry issue, not the mouse). It sounds like an RI and you need to quarantine the snake away from any others. It is highly contagious. I recommend contacting one of these vets:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...868l0.7.8l15l0

Most people will shy away from a vet because of the price. I bought a snake earlier this year that arrived with an RI. The vet visit, meds, and exam were $78. While is may not be the same price everywhere, I but it will still be less than the cost of that snake. If the snake is already showing those symptoms, I think it's already to late for any home remedy. I would make the vet a priority.

Check your temps, check your humidity, make sure the snake isn't catching any cold drafts, etc.

Old 11-21-2011, 04:15 PM   #4
heatherp
Unhappy NEW ISSUE

surprisingly he was okay, he spit up some water, the day after i posted there was less of the bubbling, my mistake is that my snake rack is near the window and the window was open, its been very cold recently even though im only in long beach, suffice it to say im moving the snake rack to a spot the heat can take over. otherwise this is the first time ive had this problem in almost a year that ive had snakes.

However! i have a new issue.

I just, as of 1:06PM on monday november 21, 2011, found a baby ball python outside of my house by the steps. its slightly reduced pattern and its a female, its not my snake. I dont know where she came from, and she looked half crushed, shes small, like a hatchling, her body is almost flat at one point, and she has a large gash right below her neck, and she is fairly weak. I set her up in a smaller rack with heat and water and a small rat pink to see if she can eat.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!