I need help please - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Veterinarian Practice & General Health Issues

Notices

Veterinarian Practice & General Health Issues Anything to do with veterinarians, health issues, pathogens, hygiene, or sanitation.

Old 04-06-2011, 05:53 PM   #11
hhmoore
It can take a long time.....but these aren't adults and don't have the same reserves & tolerances.
Had any of them gone to the bathroom? Was it "normal" looking?

Old 04-06-2011, 05:55 PM   #12
crotalis40741
They have been on pinky mice since here, and until this week i have not had any regurges at all. They are fine for feeding then a few days later look terrible and die, barely move that day and just die. just dont make any sence at all.

Old 04-06-2011, 06:00 PM   #13
crotalis40741
The pooh for the most part has looked normal the male that regurged yesterday went it was clear with like brown stuff in it, looked like stuff suspended in egg. didnt really have a smell to it. the first female that died ate never regurged and then just died a few days after she ate last, they are eating small pinks every five days.

Old 04-06-2011, 06:12 PM   #14
hhmoore
Mucousy stool is one of the symptoms of crypto...though the scenario you just described certainly doesn't sound typical. How many meals did they keep down?

Any chance there could be anything else going on? What are you using for disinfection?
I may be misreading things...were they initially with your other snakes? (No lecture coming, just trying to get the full picture.

Old 04-06-2011, 07:05 PM   #15
crotalis40741
the stools didnt look like mucous, they all had had seven feedings here and kept them all down. the stool just looked clear with egg white like consistency. had some brown looking stuff inside it. no smell to it really.
I know i messed up i only had them in quarintine for 3 weeks, my other snakes are fine seems like even my other 2010s that i got way before these. all the snakes have been housed in separate containers and the tubs get washed weekly with a mild disinfectant.
I raise my own feeders and all the snakes are fed out of the mice i breed.
thank you for replying

Old 11-30-2011, 12:37 AM   #16
jmwboas
Hey Bob, Any update to this? Let us know. Thanks Jeff

Old 11-30-2011, 02:24 AM   #17
crotalis40741
Four died and two lived, I gave the two away. I had testing done and nothing conclusive showed up but salmonella and ecoli. Don't know if you are following the BOI but the breeder has admitted to not feeding correctly this time around with his hatchlings dying again. The way it is looking on those they are to the point of thier bodies eating its self. The two that did live are still small from what I am told by thier new owners. But I really don't think we will ever know for sure what is going on completely. It is just a sad and sickening situation.

Old 12-05-2011, 07:35 AM   #18
jmwboas
I am sorry to hear all that Bob. Thank you for letting us know. Thanks Jeff

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!