What is so difficult about sending an email - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 08-04-2009, 01:02 PM   #1
SPJ
What is so difficult about sending an email

when the damn snake arrives?!?

It got delivered at 10:30am and it is now 1pm.

Why can't people let you know all went well with the shipment.

Old 08-04-2009, 01:04 PM   #2
Miss Tuniwha
omg I would freak. LOL.. the second it arrives, and I have it looked over, I e-mail or call the person.

Old 08-04-2009, 01:50 PM   #3
AbsoluteApril
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPJ View Post
This is my personal pet peeve as well, just went through the same thing and never heard from the person once the deal was done. I know they rec'd but not one word. I guess they were happy?!? Even just a quick 'got em' would have been nice. But then again I am a total mess when I ship and stress the entire time.

Old 08-04-2009, 02:15 PM   #4
shrap
Quote:
when the damn snake arrives?!?

It got delivered at 10:30am and it is now 1pm.

I feel you, Steve.

It is a requirement in my TOS. It is a shame that I had to make what should be a common courtesy a requirement....

Old 08-04-2009, 02:17 PM   #5
SPJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrap View Post
I feel you, Steve.

It is a requirement in my TOS. It is a shame that I had to make what should be a common courtesy a requirement....
That is a shame.
It should be common courtesy to send an email.

Old 08-04-2009, 02:20 PM   #6
SPJ
He just emailed me.
Shouldn't you let it settle in a bit first?

Quote:
hey,
I got him..... I just fed him two Fuzzies and right when I threw the first one in he got it.......But I just wanted to say thanks for selling him to me.

Old 08-04-2009, 02:23 PM   #7
Miss Tuniwha
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrap View Post
I feel you, Steve.

I have still not written up a TOS.. but this will be a part of it!!

Quote:
He just emailed me.
Shouldn't you let it settle in a bit first?
Dang.

Old 08-04-2009, 03:18 PM   #8
Shadera
Wow, sounds like the little guy is in for a good life with top notch care.

I hope you got the goat first.

Old 08-04-2009, 03:34 PM   #9
sschind
Just off the top of my head a couple of reasons a person may not email the second the snakes arrive.

1) Buyer doesn't have access to email where snake was delivered.
2) Person who signed for it is not the buyer and they don't want to open it.

I'm sure there are others.

As far a a TOS I might be leery of buying from someone with such a stringent policy such as "must be notified within 2 hours of package delivery" and such. For me its not much of a problem since I'm at work where all my stuff is delivered and its where my email is but If I actually had a job I might think twice about it because of either of the reasons stated above.

Just for an example I work until 3:00 in the afternoon and I get home around 3:30. My child's babysitter is home and she signs for the package at 11:30. I get home at 3:30 and open the package which has been sitting in the box at the appropriate temperature etc. and find the snake dead. 4 additional hours in the box shouldn't cause a problem but the seller tells me I'm SOL because I was 2 hours late in notifying him. I know you all would possibly work around circumstances like that but as a buyer I might not take the chance and wait for someone else to come along with the animals I want.

Just a thought.

Old 08-04-2009, 06:16 PM   #10
shrap
An email or phone call is not asking much. If having that requirement for the live arrival guarantee is not acceptable to the buyer then so be it. They are more than welcome to go elsewhere.

The main reason I instituted that little tid bit was due to the infamous "left on porch" in the tracking information. I dont know how many times I have seen that only for the customer to tell me they signed for it. Hell, I have signed for packages myself and the tracking say "left on porch". A 30 second phone call makes "left on porch" irrelevant.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!