I'm done - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 06-02-2009, 09:02 PM   #31
WJS Herps
It does suck when people crap all over you when you've gone out on a limb for them. I think the last time I went through all of that was 15 or so years ago (I'm 38). I found myself being a doormat (which is definitely not my personality, not sure how the hell it happened).

I have some pretty firm rules now:

1) I have many acquaintances, but very few real friends. And I do have high standards I establish for anyone who is going to be my friend. This so far has minimized any issues. I am friendly with my acquaintances, but it is easy for me to say no to them if need be.

2) I don't loan anyone money. I make donations to various charities in amounts I can afford. I have a wife and child and will not put the nees of anyone ahead of them. Besides, loaning money is a surefire way to sour a relationship (from what I've seen). I will buy friends drinks, dinner, cut them a deal on animals or equipment, but asking me for money is a way to make me scarce in a hurry.

3) Outside of immediate family, no one gets bailed out of jail. I have to assume someone did a pretty good job of getting there, so they can find their own way out.

And lastly, I am a generally friendly person, but I maintain a healthy cynicism. I believe there are a lot of generally good and generally bad people out there. My most basic rule is to treat people how I would want to be treated. I wouldn't ask someone to bail me out of jail (unless it was immediate family or someone I really didn't like ), I haven't asked people for money even when times were hard (I just worked harder or got rid of things that were owning me) and most of all I don't worry about what most people think about me. My friends, families and those I work for are enough.

I wish you good luck. You sound like a conscientious person and I don't know the specific circumstances of what happened, just make sure you learn and don't get used again. If you do got out on a limb for someone again, make sure they aren't holding a saw!

Old 06-02-2009, 10:40 PM   #32
lpcad
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAND View Post
No matter how "chaotic" (Damn straight that pun was intended!)
with het cinnamon on top

Old 06-03-2009, 06:28 AM   #33
shrap
Quote:
PEOPLE SUCK!
Everyone welcome our newest member, David Gruning!! Welcome aboard, David, glad to have you with us!!

By the way, you aint got $20 you could loan a brother do ya?

Old 06-03-2009, 06:51 AM   #34
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrap View Post
Everyone welcome our newest member, David Gruning!! Welcome aboard, David, glad to have you with us!!

By the way, you aint got $20 you could loan a brother do ya?
Yeah, if you'll take a 3rd party check.

Old 06-03-2009, 09:51 AM   #35
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Yeah, if you'll take a 3rd party check.
Sammy just make sure its got a high number!

Old 06-03-2009, 09:58 AM   #36
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooing Tricycle View Post
Sammy just make sure its got a high number!

Got that covered, I'll just give him one from the back of the book.

Old 06-09-2009, 09:36 AM   #37
DAND
Bitchfest part II

Well a little more than a week has passed and I am in an even darker place then before. It seems the pot has simmered and now come to a boil. When I started this thread I was fed up but anger has set in now. Not the jumping up and down kind of anger but the quiet inner anger which need not be released but quieted some how. As with the beginning of this thread I again need to vent after finding more and more people who suck as well as finding out that some suck even more than previously thought (gotta love those over achievers don't you?).

All the lies that are so transparent just sicken me. Hell, all the lies period, sicken me. And always an excuse or answer, oh I mean another lie to cover up the first. Never someone coming clean, just lie, after lie, after lie, after gosh darn flipping (I think most are getting my meaning here) lie. (Odd as it may sound I still believe that when I was told (roughly) "I sent you cash, let me know when you get it", it was indeed sent even know it has been a week now) *I think I had to add that to see if I am totally losing my judge of character as well as my mind.

All this comes when I show kindness, compassion or generosity to what turns out to be an undeserving individual. This anger has become a collective collage versus an individual event or person at this point, with the exception of the head of this beast I am doing my best to hold back.

When I was told that I cannot be trusted because I posted this thread, it has been churning through my mind and stomach since I heard it said. I'm pretty sure it was at this point when the anger started and it has been quietly growing ever since. I feel myself getting wound tighter and tighter despite my best efforts to stop it. Yeah, fine I'm the bad guy. It was wrong for me to post this here and I guess I am continuing to be wrong in posting this also. Yeah, whatever.....

Old 06-09-2009, 09:56 AM   #38
Lucille
Quote:
Yeah, fine I'm the bad guy. It was wrong for me to post this here and I guess I am continuing to be wrong in posting this also. Yeah, whatever.....
I'm going to come over there and tan your behind, grasshopper. Pull yourself out of this funk you got yourself into.

You did a good thing. Sometimes, as the saying goes, virtue never goes unpunished.

You KNOW that you are a good person. The person you helped turned and bit the hand that fed her. Does that reflect on you? Of course not.

You are entitled to your feelings, I'm not saying you aren't. But you got to shake this. All of us like you and appreciate you. I guess I'm not understanding why the great weight of positive comments is not erasing the bad experience from someone who should have behaved better (heck if she had behaved better you wouldn't have had to do her this favor in the first place).

Old 06-09-2009, 10:17 AM   #39
Mooing Tricycle
Why let someone elses words weigh you down? If this person dosnt appreciate you... you KNOW that... so why continue to bother with them?

Old 06-09-2009, 05:43 PM   #40
Tiger Lilly
Lucille, I got your back when you go to tannin' his hide...I feel like this is an appropriate time for the scene with Cher & Nicholas Cage (though obviously not for the same reasons) where she slaps him in the face and yells, "SNAP OUT OF IT!"
(This is purely for dramatic effect & is in no way meant to promote domestic violence!)
Dave, do you really want to have Lucille whoopin yer butt???
WHAT CAN WE DO TO HELP? Lord knows there are enough of us here that don't like to see you like this!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!