Where to find Panacur 100 MG/ML Suspension. 1000mL bottle - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Veterinarian Practice & General Health Issues

Notices

Veterinarian Practice & General Health Issues Anything to do with veterinarians, health issues, pathogens, hygiene, or sanitation.

Old 07-18-2011, 04:33 PM   #11
hhmoore
Quote:
Heres the actual brand she showed
I read that as she showed you the bottle....as in she recommended that to you. Hence, if you didn't want to buy the one she showed you, you weren't taking her recommendation.

Old 07-18-2011, 06:14 PM   #12
Wolfy-hound
He wants to buy the stuff the vet said he should use, but he wants to buy it at less than half the price.

Most of the online reputable animal drug suppliers only sell most of the stuff to vets. Chose one of those, ask your vet to give you the prescription(if required by the company) and have them ship it to you.

If the price seems super cheap then it's probably not going to be the right stuff, or within "use-by" dates, etc.

Old 07-18-2011, 07:53 PM   #13
JordanAng420
My best suggestion would be to try 1800 PETMEDS or something of the like...they will send your vet a request when you decide to purchase the medication, your vet will either approve or decline the request, and Petmeds will send you the medication.

Any company that doesn't contact your veterinarian for approval even for Panacur, IS NOT playing by the rules, and should be avoided.

Try Petmeds, their prices are usually decent, and their product is lejit.

Old 07-18-2011, 08:21 PM   #14
hhmoore
He already has a prescription.

Old 07-19-2011, 08:58 AM   #15
rcpreis3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy-hound View Post
He wants to buy the stuff the vet said he should use, but he wants to buy it at less than half the price.

Most of the online reputable animal drug suppliers only sell most of the stuff to vets. Chose one of those, ask your vet to give you the prescription(if required by the company) and have them ship it to you.

If the price seems super cheap then it's probably not going to be the right stuff, or within "use-by" dates, etc.
I had no problem dropping the 250 at my vet to get it, SHE said to go get it somewhere else. She showed me that website to show me what the label looked like so I knew what I was looking for in the farm supply stores. Couldnt find any in the farm supply stores so she said make sure I get it from a reputable site, and gave me a presciption. If simply asking for a recommendation on a reputable site that sells animal drugs is too much then dont answer.

Old 07-19-2011, 05:41 PM   #16
Wolfy-hound
I believe I told you that any site that requires a prescription from the vet would be okay. There's nothing wrong with wanting the meds at half the price(that's the normal mark up for medications available over the counter for a vet clinic). Sorry to offend, I'll stop helping you. Asked my vet about getting a bottle since I get a discount, but tomorrow I'll tell him not to bother.

Good luck.

Old 11-08-2011, 11:48 PM   #17
FireStorm2
The liquid suspension is available at some Farm Supply stores as a Goat Wormer. Panacur and Safe-Guard are both fenbendazole. Panacur is sold with a prescription, Safe-Guard is over the counter. They are both manufactured by Intervet. http://www.jefferslivestock.com has a 125 ml bottle of the 10% Safeguard/Fenbendazole for $16.59. They may even have free shipping. Jeffers has been around for a long time. I have also purchased the same item at Tractor Supply or a local feed store. It is a very safe, very effective wormer. I realize this is an old thread, but I hope this helps people that are looking in the future.

Old 11-10-2011, 08:59 PM   #18
D. Mong
Our Price: $139.19
HOLY CRAP!!!

Geez!, I have a huge 25 gram syringe tube of the paste that will do a 1600 lb. horse, or more snakes than I will ever have to treat in 10 lifetimes for only $8.99 at Tractor Supply Company!

Same company, same medication(fenbendazole), only in paste form for less than 15 times the ridiculous price!

They have the "safe-guard" tube of Panacur (fenbendazole) available in the store right now.

~Doug

Old 12-17-2011, 09:05 PM   #19
Willis Wildlife Enterprises
The paste is fine...unless you're using it on smaller snakes. Then it becomes very difficult to dose properly. The suspension makes dosing a small snake much easier and much more accurate. For example, the usual dose of fenbendazole for snakes is 50-100mg/kg. Since most smaller snake species are weighed in grams, that's 5-10mg/100gm. Panacur 10% Suspension is 100mg/ml. I keep corn snakes so for me to treat an average adult snake, I would be using a very small amount of medication, 0.5ml at the most per snake. Dosing juveniles would need much smaller amounts and I would be more apt to make a weaker concentration for more accurate dosing. That is something that would be extremely difficult for me to do using the paste.

As for pricing, I work for a vet and have done all of the ordering for the hospital for the past 13 years. $139.19 for a liter of Panacur Suspension is a great price as the vet pays $100.53 from his distributors. But I also have to say, marking it up to $250 is a bit greedy on the part of the OP's vet, at least compared to what my boss charges his clients for a full bottle.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!