For Sale CB2023 Arboreal Salamander (Aneides lugubris) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Other For Sale/Wanteds Classifieds > Amphibians

Notices

Old 01-02-2024, 12:24 PM   #1
Dumbodo
CB2023 Arboreal Salamander (Aneides lugubris)

I am thrilled to offer offsprings from my beautiful pair of Aneides lugubris. I raised the adults from small juveniles three years ago and the magic happened this year, the one with speckles is the father and the spotless one is the female.

I keep all my salamanders in my basement in New York. Summer temp is around 71f and drops to 55f in the winter. Humidity in the basement also varies from ~85% in the summer to ~60% in the winter. I keep the pair of adults in a 10g with 3/4 of the lid covered with plastic wrap to increase humidity in the warmer months, and removes the wrap to expose half of the lid through the colder months, I mist the tank twice a week in the summer and twice per month in the winter. I mainly use coconut fiber as substrate mixed with pine chips, leaf litter, broken twigs, sphagnum moss. Almost half of the tank is filled with substrate and a thick blanket of oak leaves is scattered on top. I use oak bark from trees in my backyard as hides for them by stacking the bark one above the other to offer the most variations in humidity. They are fed dusted crickets, waxworms, houseflies, and very occasionally earthworms.

I discovered the eggs from a routine checkup on them in August this year, and the eggs hatched out with the parents on September 13th. I kept the offsprings in the same enclosure with the adults for them to exchange beneficial bacteria(Thanks Tim Herman). I feed them dusted melanogaster fruit flies 3 times a week. The babies have grown quite a bit since hatching, at least way more than an inch upon writing this, they should be ready to take 1/4 crickets in a few weeks.

I am offering the babies $100 each plus shipping, you can contact me at geoffrey.duan@hotmail.com for faster replies. Thank You!
Attached Images

Contact User Check User
Old 01-02-2024, 01:19 PM   #2
rajah
Really cool to see this species being captive bred! Nicely done. I have found them in California and always thought they were super cool salamanders.

Old 01-02-2024, 02:12 PM   #3
Dumbodo
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajah View Post
Really cool to see this species being captive bred! Nicely done. I have found them in California and always thought they were super cool salamanders.
Thank You!
  Contact User Check User
Old 01-02-2024, 08:35 PM   #4
coolsalamandra
As stated above VERY WELL DONE!!! Such a cool and interesting salamander sub species.

Old 01-03-2024, 03:06 PM   #5
snakesareawesome
This is so cool. Congragulations!

Old 01-12-2024, 10:35 PM   #6
spawn
Will they accept D. hydei flies?

Old 01-13-2024, 12:10 AM   #7
Dumbodo
Quote:
Originally Posted by spawn View Post
Will they accept D. hydei flies?
Yes, like candy
  Contact User Check User
Old 01-14-2024, 03:13 PM   #8
Mark M
Nice, I have a huge colony living in a rotted oak stump on my parents property. I would see heads sticking out at night and tweezer feed them crickets lol

Old 01-18-2024, 04:59 PM   #9
Dumbodo
still available!
  Contact User Check User
Old 02-08-2024, 04:34 PM   #10
Robinz
Congrats!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!