Fauna down - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

Old 02-26-2006, 07:24 PM   #1
Lucille
Fauna down

A few minutes ago I tried to get onto Fauna and could not, I do not know whether it was a glitch in my computer or what. It doesn't happen often, but small incidents like that serve to remind that there are pleasures and privileges that I and most of us have and I for one am going to make an effort not to take any of the good things in life for granted, but to be grateful for each day that is given.

Old 02-26-2006, 07:28 PM   #2
PaulSage
I think it was the server. I couldn't get on either Fauna or the cornsnakes forum. I was working on a post when it quit, which is probably just as well because it was another one of those wordy "paulisms". You may all thank the server now.

Old 02-26-2006, 07:31 PM   #3
WebSlave
Yes, the server was down for about 20 minutes. I caught it right when it died and contacted the network center. They rebooted the system to bring it back up.

Usually this sort of thing waits until I go out of town for a day.....

Old 02-27-2006, 03:55 AM   #4
ladyserpent7
so that means you can NEVER go out of town rich cuz we need you at ALL times

Old 02-27-2006, 11:48 AM   #5
WebSlave
Well, with breeding season breathing down my neck, not likely I'll be going anywhere anytime soon. But still, when I am working with the animals, it may be several hours between checking in here.

For that matter, my comcast service was down most of last night. So if the server had died during that time, I wouldn't have known anything about it. The network center is supposed to have monitoring in place to catch server failures, but it doesn't seem very reliable. They just ping the server, and that does not test to make sure the actual processes are running. I have an website service program running that detects domain outages that polls the site every 5 minutes, which so far seems pretty reliable. But I do have to check my emails to see that notice.

Would be nice if servers and the internet in general was just 100 percent reliable, but that just doesn't seem to be the case.....

Old 02-27-2006, 12:05 PM   #6
Art Klass
Rich, how about you post your phone number so everybody can call you when they have some sort of problem?

Old 02-27-2006, 02:07 PM   #7
nicolai
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave
Yes, the server was down for about 20 minutes. I caught it right when it died and contacted the network center. They rebooted the system to bring it back up.

Usually this sort of thing waits until I go out of town for a day.....

Well just in case of future problems can you please post your home, cell, and business phone numbers so that we can all call you when something happens!!!!! You know...Good customer relations and all...

Old 02-27-2006, 02:32 PM   #8
Junkyard
I will write you a letter and mail it, just in case nobody is able to get a hold of you.

Old 02-27-2006, 02:33 PM   #9
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolai
Well just in case of future problems can you please post your home, cell, and business phone numbers so that we can all call you when something happens!!!!! You know...Good customer relations and all...
Hmm, not a bad idea. Not a good one either, however......

Old 02-27-2006, 02:54 PM   #10
PaulSage
Rich, just give me your address and I'll send you a singing telegram at 5:00am to let you know that the server's down, okay? I would tell you what song I'd have them sing, but I want it to be a surprise.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!