And you all thought I am tough with the rules here! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 02-12-2006, 11:54 PM   #1
WebSlave
Red face And you all thought I am tough with the rules here!

I've been frequenting a few Corvette related forums lately and have to admit I got booted off of one of them.

Apparently that forum has a rule whereby NO one can post even a link to another site that sells anything related to Corvettes unless the owner of that site is a PAYING sponsor on the forum. Well, some guy in Australia just posted a few photos of a turbo charged Corvette, with the title "To whet your appetite", and one of the over-zealous moderators there deleted the photos. Like a dummy, I piped up about it, saying that some of us might just like to see such photos, and it is not like any firm in Australia is going to be getting any free advertising from it. So the moderator came back at me with a pretty snide comment and me, being my "turn the other cheek" kind of guy, pointed out to him exactly what I thought was wrong with his attitude. Boom! Next thing I know I am banned for two weeks.......

Now they do allow private individuals to post stuff for sale, but if you are a business of any type, forget it. Not only can you NOT post things for sale, but no one else can even discuss things YOU are offering for sale (via a link to your pages) unless you are a paid sponsor to the site.

But I guess some sites are just like that, as I have seen other forums doing the same thing. If vendors aren't spending money at the site, then they just block them completely from that world. Pretty tacky, if you ask me, because my philosophy is that I want to see information and offerings from everyone, whether or not they are being extorted to pony up some bucks.

Actually it is pretty interesting to see how other sites in different fields of interest handle things, even if you do get a slap on the wrist from it during the education....

Old 02-13-2006, 12:26 AM   #2
LakesideBoas
Man, that sounds like a place I'd better stay away from. Although being banned only hurts your pride, it still is unpleasant.

Just stick around here more, you can get ulcers and headaches, but the cool part is you get to do the banning!

Old 02-13-2006, 12:46 AM   #3
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakesideBoas
Man, that sounds like a place I'd better stay away from. Although being banned only hurts your pride, it still is unpleasant.

Just stick around here more, you can get ulcers and headaches, but the cool part is you get to do the banning!
Honestly I don't enjoy suspending anyone at all. I look at it as a general loss to the site, even if the fine and suspension is necessary. Even the worst of the offenders do have something of value to offer every once in a while, that will be lost in the future. As for the Corvette forum mentioned above, I now have two weeks to get comfortable at other Corvette related sites, and there are a LOT of them to chose from. The one I got banned from has nothing at all unique to offer that I can't get from the other sites, and is not a comparatively large one either. So all in all, I have to assume the same thing applies to people I may suspend from this site. Why give someone a reason to leave permanently? That is a loss to both sides, in my opinion.

Yeah, it does sting your pride a bit, but now I know that if I go back there, that particular moderator has some issues that have to be considered. But I do wonder what the site admin's take would be on this guy's perspective.

Old 02-19-2006, 06:50 PM   #4
Mooing Tricycle
FYI i love the Corvette Stingray ^_- thats all!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!