Info Cold Blooded Novelties - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-19-2015, 04:43 PM   #11
Ballpythonbakery
I wrote obviously recycled because a myriad of things seemed off. The box says 1 snake and the bags were marked incorrectly. I initially thought maybe I got the wrong box until I pulled the one albino out.

Nothing was meant to be snide. I was describing everything in full detail so if it came down to pictures I could substantiate it.

Was I suspicious? Yes.
Did he refund me? Yes.

Do I have anything against him business wise? Only disappointment in not getting what I wanted. I hold no ill will. I think what he sold me looked healthy and clean and appears to be in great condition. I just have never had this situation come up and I wanted to share my experience.

If nothing it teaches me and maybe everyone else to triple check the stuff before you tape the box closed. I dunno what else to say and reiterate that I posted it as information and not a negative.

Old 11-19-2015, 04:58 PM   #12
meowmeowkazoo
The fact that he refunded without evidence of a missing snake, and the very defensive stance he took also seems off to me. But he's certainly not a bad guy from this post, and since you didn't make it a "bad guy" thread, I don't see the problem. It was a weird situation.

Maybe it's just him having a bad day. I wouldn't necessarily avoid him based on this post alone.

Old 11-19-2015, 10:51 PM   #13
sschind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballpythonbakery View Post
I wrote obviously recycled because a myriad of things seemed off. The box says 1 snake and the bags were marked incorrectly. I initially thought maybe I got the wrong box until I pulled the one albino out.

Nothing was meant to be snide. I was describing everything in full detail so if it came down to pictures I could substantiate it.

Was I suspicious? Yes.
Did he refund me? Yes.

Do I have anything against him business wise? Only disappointment in not getting what I wanted. I hold no ill will. I think what he sold me looked healthy and clean and appears to be in great condition. I just have never had this situation come up and I wanted to share my experience.

If nothing it teaches me and maybe everyone else to triple check the stuff before you tape the box closed. I dunno what else to say and reiterate that I posted it as information and not a negative.
To clarify, when I said "question your motives" I didn't mean your motives with the transaction. I don't doubt that everything went down just as you said. What I meant was your motives for the post. It seems to me that while you may not have intended for it to be a bad guy post you did use certain wording that makes it not so clear.

Old 11-19-2015, 11:07 PM   #14
Chris Kennard
Do experienced herpers ship snakes in bags with holes in them? Or have the critters figured out a way to chew their way out of bags?

Old 11-20-2015, 12:12 AM   #15
tlmoon
I'm glad the seller refunded the OP's money. It does sound like one of those odd situations that can happen. I think it's reasonable for the OP to post an info thread and I think he's been pretty fair in describing the situation.
While I wouldn't consider the seller a bad guy, his response was rude, emotional and used curse words. I would avoid a person based on that alone. It is very possible to disagree and post your side of the story, and refute arguments. But the seller chose to be hostile in doing so, and that calls his professionalism into question if nothing else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 11-20-2015, 03:34 PM   #16
SIGNATURE DESIGN EXOTICS
Wow!! I find it hard to believe that the seller only shipped the one snake on purpose. Just the fact that as a society we jump to the worst conclusion is sad. The seller gave a full refund for said missing snake with no proof screams customer satisfaction more then anything to me. The fact he got mad about this post seems fair if thats the case since he tried to settle this so quick. And to sit on all the high horses about reusing a snake bag or missing said hole in it is ludicrous. Things happen and its not alway mischievous. I my self if only having one and wanted the sale would have just made it worth the cost to ship the one by maybe splitting shipping with buyer. That would definitely be easier then going through the hassle of upsetting a customer and having to give a refund. I think the seller did the right thing and I would be happy to take a chance buying from them.

Old 11-20-2015, 03:44 PM   #17
Gangemiw
I have done plenty of business with frank and everything is by the books. He is a great old school guy and I have never had any issues. I don't see an issue here if e refunded for the animals? what would be the point of him lying if he just ultimately offered to refund the money anyway???

Old 11-20-2015, 03:54 PM   #18
Snake-Queen
I've also done business with Frank and never had an issue. He is always above board with every thing.

Yes, Frank's response was slightly "angry", mine would have been also, given the tone of the OPs carefully worded passive-aggressive post. Should Frank have double checked the bags for holes, sure; however the fact that he took the buyers word and refunded speaks highly of him.

Weird stuff happens when dealing with live animals. I've recently lost 2 baby crested geckos and have no idea how they escaped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 11-20-2015, 04:30 PM   #19
Craig Wyatt
This has got to be one of the dumbest threads ever created. The only one that got the short end of the stick was the seller. He lost a snake and this thread was created. The guy made an honest mistake. You got your money back right away. The only problem I see is that you paid to get 2 snakes shipped. Maybe if you ask the seller for half the cost of shipping he might give it to you. I think that would be fare because you were ordering multiple snakes to save on shipping.
This thread would not make me hesitate to do business with the seller. Nobody is perfect. We all make mistakes. We are all humans.
One of the best ways to judge a person is to see how they handle there mistakes. I think the seller did a great job proving himself on this one.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!