Bad Guy Jerry Graham aka bigred21001, and oniondip@ymail.com -- Buyer Beware! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-19-2009, 11:34 PM   #1
SnakeEyesExotics
Jerry Graham aka bigred21001, and oniondip@ymail.com -- Buyer Beware!

We have had a very bad dealing with Jerry Graham aka bigred21001@yahoo.com (bigred21001 here on Fauna) and oniondip@ymail.com. I wanted to share my experience so that hopefully anyone who reads this will not do business with them and make the same mistake I did. Please bear with me as this is pretty long. Here are the emails that tell the story, I have edited the unnecessary parts such as minor spelling errors and headings to shorten it as much as possible:

On 6/14/09, I emailed Jerry about his ad on Fauna for a breeder male pied. Here is a link to the ad:

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ht=bigred21001

Hello,

Would you take 1300 shipped on the breeder pied male? I am looking to add a male pied to our breeding group and am ready to buy now.

Thanks,
Anya

Jerry replied back:

where too?

On 6/15/09, I replied back:

zip code 72117. North Little Rock, AR

Thank you,
Anya S. Makashova

Jerry replied back:

yes if you purchase him today I will do it for 1300.00 shipped

I replied back:

Great! What address can I send the Paypal to?

Thank you,
Anya S. Makashova

Jerry replied back:

baltimore_balls@yahoo.com
once paypal goes through i will be shipping!

I replied back:

I am getting ready to send the paypal. Is that baltimore_balls or baltimore balls? Also, do you guarantee health and live arrival?

Thank you,
Anya S. Makashova

Jerry replied back:

yes i do and it is baltimore_balls@yahoo.com

please let me know when it is sent so I can set up a pick up for him

I proceeded to send him the Paypal for $1300. Paypal automatically sends out an email to the recipient once you send it, so I left it at that. On 6/17/09, I replied back:

Have you received my paypal? When will he be shipped? I haven't heard anything in a few days.

Thank you,
Anya S. Makashova

Jerry replied back:

I am very sorry I had a family emergency and have been tied up I checked today and the funds are there I would rather not ship thursday because if there is any problems he would be stuck in the box till monday I can ship monday and you will have him tuesday. thanks Jerry

I replied back:

Jerry,

That's alright. Monday will be fine with me. My number is 501-269-6252, please call me with a tracking number on Monday so I can monitor the shipment.

Thank you,
Anya S. Makashova

On 6/18/09, Jerry replied back:

No problem I will call you as soon as he is shipped

I had not heard from Jerry all day Monday (6/22/09), so I emailed him that evening:

Jerry,

Is he still being shipped out today? I have not received a tracking number or anything.

Thank you,
Anya S. Makashova

On 6/23/09, Jerry emailed back:

Anya
I am going to send your money back this is the second day in a row that I should have been off in the morning to take care of things and both days I was called in at 530am. Now I have to work another 5 days of 12 hour days and just dont have any way to ship, I have never done a refund but I assume it should not take long

I replied back:

Jerry,

I don't want a refund, I would still like the pied. If it is going to take you longer than planned to ship, then all I ask is that you let me know what's going on. We can hold off on shipping for a little while if you are unable to take off work. If we can ship sometime mid next week or even the week after that, that will be great as well. I still would like to make this deal happen.

Thank you,
Anya S. Makashova

Jerry replied back:

Thats not a problem at all I just know how it is when your waiting on a new snake and it bothers me when I promise to do something and end up being unable to complete my end of the deal. We are short handed at work and someone else just went out so I was the only one to fill in so I didnt have much choice but to come in. I also want to let you know he will be in the best of care and I will feed him tonight when I get home.Thanks again Jerry

I replied back:

Jerry,

It’s not a problem at all. Even though I am really excited about receiving him, I can wait a little while. Like I said, just keep me in the loop on what is happening on your end. As long as the communication is open, I am really easy to work with. I have been strung along and kept in the dark before and it ended in a bad deal, so now I am just wary. Anyways, sounds great, just let me know when a shipping window opens up for you and we will go from there!

Thanks again,
Anya

I had not heard anything back from Jerry in a while, so I emailed him on 7/8/09, 2 weeks later:

Jerry,

Just checking in for an update on my boy. Where do we stand on a good shipping window?

Thank you,
Anya S. Makashova

On 7/11/09, I get this email:

Anya

This is Jerry's wife, Jerry had a heart attack a few days ago and is in the hospital and will have to finish whatever deal you and him have in the works when he returns home. Sorry for the inconvience I hope you understand.
Thanks Jenn

I replied back:

Jenn,

I am very sorry to hear that. Please just have him get back to me when he gets out. Thank you for letting me know.

Anya

And that was the last I heard of Jerry or his wife. I waited patiently until 8/14/09, over a month later, before emailing Jerry again. This is what I wrote:

Jerry,

We really need to get this pied male shipped out. He has been paid in full for 2 months now. I have not heard from you in over a month. I understand things have come up, but I feel that I deserve some priority considering you have had $1,300 of mine since mid June. Please contact me.

My number is (501) 269-6252, please leave a voicemail if I do not answer.

Adam's (my fiancee's) number is (501) 258-4452, in case for whatever reason you are not able to get in touch with me.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thank you,
Anya S. Makashova

After sending the email, I got on Fauna and noticed that Jerry was currently posting for sale and trade ads for various animals. This really rubbed me the wrong way. The way I saw it was if he could get on Fauna and continue to do his business, he could ship me the snake that I had paid for two months ago!

Please note that I am in the Army and am in the Mojave desert in California for training right now. My time is very limited, so this is why I included Adam’s information, and the reason why most of the following emails are from him.

On 8/15/09, I get an email from “oniondip@ymail.com”:

I am a friend and I am dealing with the snakes for jerrys wife. I will look through his paperwork to verify everything and ship your snake next week.

Adam replied back:

Thank you for getting back with me we have been waiting and have not got any answer so you can tell we are getting a little upset. Plz call me so we can touch base.
501-258-4452 Adam

“Onion Dip” replied back:

Right now I am unable to call I will call you around 6pm

Adam replied back:

Haven't heard from you and it is after 6. Please call me asap, even if it is late. 501-258-4452.

Thanks,
Adam

On 8/16/09, “Onion Dip” replied back:

Sorry I didnt call I got tied up I looked through his paperwork and I will ship the snake out on wedensday

Adam replied back with:

Please call me to discuss this matter. We need to know what's been going on. 501-258-4452

Talk to you soon,
Adam

On 8/17/09, “Onion Dip” replied back:

Im trying to help Jerrys wife out by dealing with the snakes if you want him shipped then you need to send me your address. I have a lot of stuff going on along with working so I will call you as soon as I get a chance I can only make calls later in the evening.

On 8/18/09, Adam replied back:

I was waiting on your phone call last night. What is going on?? I'm very mad over this. What is Jerry's wife’s phone number. I'm not going to put up with this another day. You have gave me the run around don't give me you are too busy because I'm not buying it. You have had more than enough time to make a phone call.

Thank you,
Adam Hogan
501-258-4452

“Onion Dip” replied back:

Look I will call you tonight. I'm not Jerry and I dont have to do anything. I asked for your info to mail the snake and you wanna play games I guess you dont want it shipped.

On 8/19/09, Adam replied back:

Once again you didn't call like you said you would. Will you please give me Jerry's wife phone number? I need to speak with her over this matter. We have not gotten anywhere with the emails with you. We are also about to post this on the fauna BOI so others will not have to put up with what we are having to.

Thank you,
Adam

I also emailed Jenn to make her aware of the situation with “Onion Dip”:

Jenn,

Please give me a call at 501-269-6252, I promise I just need a few minutes of your time. We have been getting nothing but the runaround from this "Onion Dip" character. I really just need to know what is going on, and who is responsible for the snakes now. Please call me.

Thank you,
Anya S. Makashova

I also sent “Jerry” a message on Fauna:

bigred21001

Name : Jerry Graham
Karma Power: 1

Trader Rating: (0)
Re: Pied Male
I see that you are logged in on here and have been for a little while. Can you please call us so we can talk?

Thanks,
Anya

Call Adam at 501-258-4452

So I don’t know if this actually is Jerry, or “Onion Dip” posting under Jerry’s account.

I am very upset right now because this “Onion Dip” keeps saying he will call, but never does. He has yet to give us his name or any information about him. I am not just going to give him our shipping address so he can throw a snake in a box and send it (God forbid) USPS. Then, if the snake arrives dead (which it probably would), all we would have to say for ourselves is “Well, we trusted Onion Dip to do the right thing!” I am not a moron and do not trust this guy one bit! What’s to say it would even be the same snake that we purchased in the same condition that we purchased it in? We have asked for pictures, so we could verify that it is the snake we purchased, which he has yet to provide. I have no clue how much he knows about ball python husbandry or shipping for that matter. I feel that he is trying to pressure us into giving him our address so he can ship the snake and be done with us. He keeps saying he is too busy to call, but he has enough time to sit on Fauna and reply to ads, and reply to our emails. This could have all been solved with a 5-minute phone call, but yet he continues to drag it out and act like an immature little child.

I don’t know what happened to Jerry, or if this “Onion Dip” is Jerry trying to get out of taking responsibility for the deal going wrong. All I know is I want to know what the hell is going on and I want to finally get the piebald ball python that I am owed. I am tired of trying to twist this guy's leg and not getting any honest feedback.

Thanks for reading,
Anya S. Makashova

Old 08-19-2009, 11:54 PM   #2
eskew
I'd be up and down the walls!

Old 08-19-2009, 11:55 PM   #3
bad-one
Quote:
I got on Fauna and noticed that Jerry was currently posting for sale and trade ads for various animals
Unfortunately this isn't looking good.

As much as I hope Jerry was being honest with you (not that I wish such bad things to happen to someone), after reading the BOI as much as I do, the family issues and health problems sound way too convenient. Not to mention the amount of time that has elapsed is in months

I hope you get your pied or your money back but the fact that you have someone other than Jerry or his wife now responding is not good. And he is certainly giving you the run around!

Also, have you messaged Jerry about this thread?

Old 08-20-2009, 12:03 AM   #4
SnakeEyesExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad-one View Post
Unfortunately this isn't looking good.

As much as I hope Jerry was being honest with you (not that I wish such bad things to happen to someone), after reading the BOI as much as I do, the family issues and health problems sound way too convenient. Not to mention the amount of time that has elapsed is in months

I hope you get your pied or your money back but the fact that you have someone other than Jerry or his wife now responding is not good. And he is certainly giving you the run around!

Also, have you messaged Jerry about this thread?

As much as I hate to admit it, I agree with you. It is awful convenient how everything hits the fan when I request my snake. I feel terrible for feeling the way I do, but I am really losing faith in humanity at this point. I have been strung along in the past and quite frankly I am sick and tired of it! I have sent "oniondip@ymail.com" the message and will also send a pm and email to "Jerry".

Thanks,
Anya

Old 08-20-2009, 05:04 AM   #5
dhaisten
you should have taken the money back in the first place-you are being taken. File a claim with paypal and they will withdraw the funds from his paypal account and/or bank account. I'm not certain if their is a time frame-but I have done this before on poor transactions.

Old 08-20-2009, 08:31 AM   #6
GREGORY J HALL
I know jerry & have sold some ASF's to him & seems to be ok never heard of shadeness dealings,he called me last week & talked snakes awhile.This is curious because he seemed on the up & up.

Old 08-20-2009, 02:04 PM   #7
pigslayer
i did a trade with jerry not to long ago,he was a couple days extra on his part of the trade but snake arrived just like he said it would and we have kept in touch ever since

Old 08-20-2009, 05:53 PM   #8
SnakeEyesExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhaisten View Post
you should have taken the money back in the first place-you are being taken. File a claim with paypal and they will withdraw the funds from his paypal account and/or bank account. I'm not certain if their is a time frame-but I have done this before on poor transactions.
In hindsight, I wish I would have done that. I would like to resolve this by getting the snake that I purchased, but I am tempted to file through paypal if nothing happens soon. Pretty bad that he won't give me the snake I paid for.

Anya

Old 08-20-2009, 06:01 PM   #9
SnakeEyesExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by triton View Post
I know jerry & have sold some ASF's to him & seems to be ok never heard of shadeness dealings,he called me last week & talked snakes awhile.This is curious because he seemed on the up & up.
I don't know what is happening then. I don't have a phone number or any other way to contact him other than by email or pm. Maybe you could call him and get something more than I am able to at this point.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Anya

Old 08-20-2009, 06:04 PM   #10
SnakeEyesExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigslayer View Post
i did a trade with jerry not to long ago,he was a couple days extra on his part of the trade but snake arrived just like he said it would and we have kept in touch ever since
Same thing here, if you have another way to contact him such as a phone number, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Anya

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!