Ohio Call to Action - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Laws, Legislative Issues & Alerts > General Legislative Discussions

Notices

General Legislative Discussions Any general discussion concerning legislative issues or events. Not necessarily specific to a particular region, or even a type of animal group.

Old 01-11-2011, 07:53 PM   #21
harleydan1956
membership

Is just USark.com. Really easy to do.

Old 01-12-2011, 07:45 AM   #22
RJBILBY
USARK

Has anyone heard from USARK on this. I know some have called them out on other sites, but no one has heard a word from them on this!

Old 01-12-2011, 09:25 AM   #23
Gloryhound
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJBILBY View Post
Has anyone heard from USARK on this. I know some have called them out on other sites, but no one has heard a word from them on this!
They have been quite from everything I have seen. I was hoping for something sooner, but I also understand with it being a state issue, the legal department may not be up to speed as it would be difficult to keep up with each states individual government proceedures. Also with the change in government who knows what type of complications that caused them.

Old 01-12-2011, 12:28 PM   #24
rcpreis3
You guys can right letters and complain all u want but in the reality of things, there is nuthin for u to do. The govenor declared a state of emergency on this topic therefore there doesnt need to be a vote. They dont need to change it. I wish it wasnt tru, but hey thats what we get for allowing little mini dictators to run our governments. We are in a no win battle due to politicial ignorance.

When they do out law exotic pets completely then the black market on them will rise, therefore causing more funding needed for the law enforcement agancies to keep with it. While the funding is passing through, good ole govenor will skim a lil off the top. Welcome to American Politics.

Old 01-12-2011, 01:36 PM   #25
Gloryhound
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcpreis3 View Post
You guys can right letters and complain all u want but in the reality of things, there is nuthin for u to do. The govenor declared a state of emergency on this topic therefore there doesnt need to be a vote. They dont need to change it. I wish it wasnt tru, but hey thats what we get for allowing little mini dictators to run our governments. We are in a no win battle due to politicial ignorance.

When they do out law exotic pets completely then the black market on them will rise, therefore causing more funding needed for the law enforcement agancies to keep with it. While the funding is passing through, good ole govenor will skim a lil off the top. Welcome to American Politics.
Boy your pretty negative about the whole thing. You also do not understand how executive orders work in Ohio. The executive order only remains in affect for 90 days. That gives the Ohio Senate and Ohio House of Reps a chance to act on the emergency if they see it as an emergency. Yes a governor can keep rewriting the same executive order while he is in office, but he risks impeachment and/or once he is gone, as is the case here, the new Governor can just let the executive order expire and give directives not to enforce it, or write an executive order that over rides the existing executive order.

WIth that said everyone needs to keep calling until the end result is known. I call once a day.

Old 01-12-2011, 01:59 PM   #26
harleydan1956
my e-mail has been sent.

and I will continue every day also!

Old 01-12-2011, 11:53 PM   #27
rcpreis3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloryhound View Post
Boy your pretty negative about the whole thing. You also do not understand how executive orders work in Ohio. The executive order only remains in affect for 90 days. That gives the Ohio Senate and Ohio House of Reps a chance to act on the emergency if they see it as an emergency. Yes a governor can keep rewriting the same executive order while he is in office, but he risks impeachment and/or once he is gone, as is the case here, the new Governor can just let the executive order expire and give directives not to enforce it, or write an executive order that over rides the existing executive order.

WIth that said everyone needs to keep calling until the end result is known. I call once a day.
Sorry to sound negative but I gotta call it like I see it. I've still sent my email. Im just saying dont get ur hopes up.

Old 01-14-2011, 10:58 AM   #28
Gloryhound
USARK has stepped forward and is taking action.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=221450

Another method of getting our voices heard. I'm still not sure about shoe horning us into what USARK defines as industry best practices, while it has merit in theory the simple matter of it is no law or standard practice can fit all situations we run into when dealing with exotic reptiles. Also I'm more of a less Government is good Government type of person. lol

Old 01-14-2011, 07:24 PM   #29
BobOblak
'I'm still not sure about shoe horning us into what USARK defines as industry best practices"

Gloryhound, I looked at your link but didnt see this mentioned at all.

Old 01-15-2011, 03:28 PM   #30
Gloryhound
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobOblak View Post
'I'm still not sure about shoe horning us into what USARK defines as industry best practices"

Gloryhound, I looked at your link but didnt see this mentioned at all.
If you read through the generic letter they have prepared for you when you write him you will see it talked about.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!