High End Herps (Inquiry) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-23-2006, 06:05 PM   #1
TailsWithScales
Talking High End Herps (Inquiry)

Hi Gang,

I am looking to purchase a Blood Python from this company and just want a few opinions from others whom have done business with them.
So far all contacts have been via email and David (owner?) has been an aboslute pleasure to talk with.
I have seen a couple of pictures of the snake and he looks amazing.

If you happen to read this David I am sorry but I am just to paranoid these days not to ask.

Thank you. :eatpointe

Old 06-23-2006, 07:10 PM   #2
dutchallison00
The quality of animals and quality of service that you'll get from High End Herps is absolutely outstanding. You'd be hard pressed to find better animals from a better guy anywhere, whether it's a $5000 retic or a $200 boa. I would recommend buying from them to any and everyone... David is one of the true good guys in this business.

Old 06-23-2006, 09:14 PM   #3
Tenor Goddess
Thumbs up Great person, fantastic animals!

I'll toss my 2 cents in.

I've gotten a GORgeous albino granite burm from David as well as I'm currently paying on a pair of his triple crossed morelia (woot!) as well as a pair of his "pastel" celyonese pythons (I'm sooo excited about getting these!)
I'll be getting these all soon in the next month or two (and yes, I will post pics! Just getting the bugs worked out of my camera software. haha!).
So through my prattling on, what I'm conveying is that David has been very honest and an absolute sweetheart to talk to on the phone or in email conversations and he has an insane guarantee so I took the plunge and can't wait to get my soon-to-be animals from David.

I highly recommend his business. I have had no issues with him thus far and I don't expect I'll have any.

Hugs!

Amanda

Old 06-25-2006, 02:15 PM   #4
scottparker
This guy is something else. I really feel sorry for anyone who's been 'dooped' into thinking that breeding a Diamond/Jungle cross to a West Papuan was something special. I would not pay 50 bucks for one of these crosses. Heck, I wouldn't pay anything.

Old 06-25-2006, 05:46 PM   #5
BIGSI
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottparker
This guy is something else. I really feel sorry for anyone who's been 'dooped' into thinking that breeding a Diamond/Jungle cross to a West Papuan was something special. I would not pay 50 bucks for one of these crosses. Heck, I wouldn't pay anything.

I'm with you there bro.........dooped.......I'd say blatantly ripped off!!!

Old 06-25-2006, 08:52 PM   #6
Wraith
I can't tell if this would be relavent or not.

There was a thread back in February on the kingsnake burm forum where someone made an allegation that HighEndHerps was possibly Damon Heynen. That thread of course got pulled by a moderator before the conversation went anywhere, but I do remember someone had commented that HEH's snake looked suspiciously like one owned by Damon. Other members concurred that the photos looked to be of the same snake. Then someone asked HighEndHerps where he got that particular snake from. HEH essentially gave a non-answer and said they had no problems with people "borrowing" their photos which was odd since Damon had posted his photo on the forum two years prior (and which was a year prior to HEH showing up on the forum). Would have been pretty easy to clear up the matter by just saying he bought it from from a Damon Heynen (or "Brian Smith" as the name Damon was more well known as going under). Later the thread was pulled (guess it had gotten reported) and HEH disappeared for a couple days till things died down.

Took some hunting to find the photos used in those vanished posts...

Photos by HighEndHerpsInc...

http://gallery.pethobbyist.com/index...069&user=90065

http://gallery.pethobbyist.com/index...110&user=90065

Now compare those photos to a photo of Caramel posted by Damon Heynen aka Brian Smith back in 2004

http://gallery.pethobbyist.com/index...822&user=21217

from what I see, the tail and lower portion patterns of the body really do seem to line up as being the same snake...yes?

I really don't know if those rumors are true or not (I honestly really hope that HEH isn't Damon and I'm sure others would agree), but over the past few months every now and then someone comes to the burm forum and tries to bring up the subject and then those threads tend to disappear ...so those people may think they have something strong to go on (beyond maybe just an itch to attack the crazy prices for hybrids that HEH posts). I do know that when HEH showed up (about a year after Damon had been kicked off the kingsnake site) he was posting under an AOL IP (Damon had been using AOL too). More recently, the IPs for HEH have been a dial up service for Houston .. a bit far away from their location of Oakdale LA. I don't know much about trying to track stufflike that down so don't know how to go any further than that. I can try and see if I can contact some of those involved from that pulled thread from kingsnake to maybe come here to post their thoughts on this?

Here is the BOI thread on Damon.... 600+ posts to try and sift through though (enough to make your eye's cross).

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...71&page=1&pp=5

Adrian

Old 06-25-2006, 10:46 PM   #7
TailsWithScales
Hhhhmmmmmm

Scott,

So I take it your not into crosses? A lot of people think that differnt locality crosses of carpets are "someting special" and usually will take that three way mix and maybe will take that animal and cross it with another locality. That is the beauty to owning reptiles and breeding them is that some people are big on the crosses of the same species. For me as long as they (seller/breeder) disclose that the animal is a cross and that you can get "something special" depending on what you breed it with that is not being dooped.
Basically what I am trying to say is that one persons "something special" can be (and usually is) completely differnt or nonexistant for someone else. Know what I mean?

Adrian,
They do look like the same snake to me. Who knows? haha But so far I have not heard anything really negative about HEH and their business dealings, unhealthy animals, and so forth and so on. Thank you for hunting down the pictures though. I'm sure you had a nice little headache after all that.

Thanks

Old 06-25-2006, 10:59 PM   #8
scottparker
Hi,

I have nothing against crosses, at all. The only problem I had was that this individual was selling these particular snakes for 3,000 dollars. Would you be willing to pay that much for one of these crosses? Personally, I would not. I think it's irresponsible to claim these crosses are worth that much. I realize beauty is in the eye of the beholder... But worth 3,000 , I don't think so. Lol. But 'each to their own.' If you're willing to pay that much. Go right ahead. You can have your very own 3 way cross. LOL!

Old 06-25-2006, 11:40 PM   #9
High End Herps Inc
Good Lord, lol

First off I would like to say thanks kindly to the nice comments made by the more friendly posters, be they customer, or otherwise. Y'all are equally good people in my and my husbands book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottparker
Hi,

I have nothing against crosses, at all. The only problem I had was that this individual was selling these particular snakes for 3,000 dollars. Would you be willing to pay that much for one of these crosses? Personally, I would not. I think it's irresponsible to claim these crosses are worth that much. I realize beauty is in the eye of the beholder... But worth 3,000 , I don't think so. Lol. But 'each to their own.' If you're willing to pay that much. Go right ahead. You can have your very own 3 way cross. LOL!
As to these comments concerning the crosses that we produce and sell: Y'all are more than within your God given rights to state your opinion and we respect everybodies opinion equally. But it was a little irresponsible and slightly underhanded to post such comments as "they got duped" or, "they're ripping people off", etc, without knowing us, our customers, or the facts surrounding these transactions. For the record everything we sell comes with a 100% satisfaction guarantee for 4 full months. So, regardless of what anyone pays for their snakes, they can bring them back at any time, no questions asked.

As to the other posters unusual post: We are a family-run business and have never been partnered up with anyone else or affiliated with anyone else in any way, shape or form. We don't reccognixe any of those people you mentioned, much less associate with them. So if that post was an attempt to connect our business with shady characters or any less than admirable breeders then that was even more underhanded than the other comments about our hybrids and prices.

Good day to all,
Tawni Beauchemin

Old 06-26-2006, 01:31 PM   #10
BenR
HighEndHerps,

I was wondering if you know what happed to those threads you started that Adrian is talking about? If you recall, I was one of the people that happened to notice that rockXburm female appeared to be identical to the one Brian Smith AKA Damon had. My replies questioning you about this were quickly deleted when I replied to one of the threads. Also when you posted those two threads it looked as if you were saying you had two different rockXburm females as you were claiming each one was a different project. One thread showed her being bred by a tiger retic, and the other showed her being bred by an albino granite burm. I know all the post another member made questioning you about this were deleted very quickly. However, your original threads were not deleted until much later. I really don’t see why kingsnake would have any reason to go back and delete your old threads and wanted to see if you had any insight to this?

Ben Rogers

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
brian smith, damon heynen, damon smith, high end herps, josh stewart