Bad Guy Alexander Jong from susanville? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-18-2017, 08:39 PM   #1
rdzCarlos
Alexander Jong from susanville?

Hi everyone,

Does anybody know Alexander Yong?

I'm new here. I recently(saturday) found this person selling centipedes and proceded to place an order of over $200. He hasn't sent me confirmation of shipment and is now ignoring my text mesages. Here is a link to his ad that I found.

http://https://groups.google.com/for...ia/9Jj1d3B3zss

I contacted him thru text on whatsapp and its been two day that I don't here anything about my centipedes or my money. I paid via western Union and obviously can't get a refund. He pick up the money with 30mins of me sending it.

beware to not buy from him. I will be filing a police report once I contact susanville police department unless I hear from him.

By the way, his list is almost the exact same as the list I found from tarantulaspiders.com website. Not sure if they are connected or he was just trying to resell the items from the website.

Old 07-18-2017, 11:24 PM   #2
bcr229
First, I fixed the URL:

https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!...ia/9Jj1d3B3zss

Second, the ad is in "Forum Google Indonesia" which is a big red flag.

Third, is the guy's last name Jong or Yong?

Old 07-18-2017, 11:30 PM   #3
rdzCarlos
thanks for the fix. and yes, i didnt notice it until it was too late. and his last name is Yong.

Old 07-18-2017, 11:51 PM   #4
Robert Walker
100% scam
Phone number listed: WHATSAPP +1-310-307-2035
Listed under a "Jayson"
jaysonsmithwall@gmail.com
carringtonkush@gmail.com
Ads listed for Medical Marijuana, dogs, macaws, insects.
Out of British Columbia, Canada. Loreauville, LA. Texas.
All the standard low-grade scams.

Old 07-18-2017, 11:53 PM   #5
rdzCarlos
I guess I'm a big fool. My instinct was telling me it was a scam but i also wanted those centipedes for my son. I hope my mistake serves somebody.

Old 07-19-2017, 12:11 AM   #6
Robert Walker
Thanks for posting your experience.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdzCarlos View Post
My instinct was telling me it was a scam but i also wanted those centipedes for my son.
Your response is exactly why scammers succeed. They throw off red flags left and right, so why do people fall for this junk? They fall for "but"... "I really wanted it". Really wanting it is what blinds folks to scams. You are not the first, you won't be the last.

On an insect forum, I can see another person this very moment trying to figure out if this seller is a scammer or not. Why can't they tell? They are blinded by their "wants".
http://arachnoboards.com/threads/any...thwall.293837/

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!