Eastern Boxies - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Turtles & Tortoises Discussion Forum

Notices

Turtles & Tortoises Discussion Forum This forum is for the purpose of discussing any topics concerning the turtles and tortoises of the world.

Old 07-11-2011, 08:02 PM   #11
Durante
only about a month so far but they are doing good. Just put in some crickets with them & they are going nuts over them, its fun to watch. They seem to like the live food a lot better then the fruits etc

Old 07-12-2011, 06:37 AM   #12
bsharrah
Chris - The laws in PA were changed around 2007. As of now, you can not keep, buy, or sell Eastern Box Turtles, regardless of the source.

Prior to this change, you could keep two WC per household member, you could sell them so long as they were CB from animals that could not be traced back to WC animals from PA, and you could buy from CB breeders in other states. When this new law came into effect, they offered a small window to allow people to purchase permits in order to keep those they already have but that window closed a long time ago.

Here is the new law if interested: http://www.pacode.com/secure/data/05...chap79toc.html

Old 07-12-2011, 06:59 AM   #13
Sushi Dragons
They are adorable! I used to keep a pair of boxies, but they were technically wild. They just came to visit for free food. I would love to have them again, but the last one to wander through our property kept on going. I bribed him to stay, but he had better things to do.

Old 07-12-2011, 07:27 AM   #14
Durante
thanks for the info bsharrah, That kind of puts people who bought them CB in a hard spot I hope they could survive on there own, I guess the only thing I could do at this point would start looking for a good place to let them go.

Old 07-12-2011, 07:34 AM   #15
Durante
actually I think that site actually says I cant do that either. I'll have to read it more when i get done work. Thanks for the info though

Old 07-12-2011, 05:32 PM   #16
bsharrah
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durante View Post
actually I think that site actually says I cant do that either. I'll have to read it more when i get done work. Thanks for the info though
You are right. Pretty much damned if you do or damned if you don't.

Old 07-20-2011, 10:24 AM   #17
dumje
The babies are more carnivorous than omnivorous...so more insects and worms while they are young...I have 1 female from North Carolina myself....need a male...maybe later this summer....ill get 1

Old 07-24-2012, 02:20 PM   #18
ssshane
Here is an updated photo of my lonesome baby from 2011. She is growing at a nice pace.

Old 08-01-2012, 07:25 PM   #19
ssshane
I was out watering the turtles this afternoon and noticed a little red clay in one area. I scratched around and found a pleasant surprise! I have never looked for eggs in the 5 or so years I have had these. I am pretty excited.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!