help this turtle - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Turtles & Tortoises Discussion Forum

Notices

Turtles & Tortoises Discussion Forum This forum is for the purpose of discussing any topics concerning the turtles and tortoises of the world.

Old 08-12-2012, 04:15 PM   #1
gluttony
help this turtle

I just caught this guy outside of my workplace, in a parking lot with heavy traffic....I am 1 block away from the beach, there is no freshwater for miles in any direction? I will return him to the first lake I find, but before I do, what are these things on his face? Can I do anything to help him?[IMG][/IMG]

Old 08-12-2012, 04:35 PM   #2
gluttony
[IMG][/IMG]

Old 08-12-2012, 04:41 PM   #3
rosebud945
I would contact your local wildlife rehab organization and turn him over to them. That looks like it could be an abscess, but its hard to tell from the pic.

Go to your state parks and wildlife web site, select wildlife rehabilitators and you should find a list by county.

Old 08-12-2012, 05:00 PM   #5
gluttony

I have been trying to reach them for 40 minutes, thank you

Old 08-12-2012, 06:13 PM   #6
gluttony

According to the rehab center, if its a red eared slider. They can not treat it because it is non-native. It is def a red eared slider...I tried. It ate a worm for me and when I head home I will release it....This poses a problem for me. As a die hard fisherman, If I caught a snakehead fish, since they are invasive I would destroy it. Whats the difference between a snakehead or a turtle that competes with native animals? Turtles are my favorite of all animals so no harm would come to this one, I have also kept fish my whole life and snakeheads have been among the fish I have kept. ...im arguing with myself now..lol

Old 08-12-2012, 06:16 PM   #7
rosebud945
I wouldn't release it with that mass. It really needs a vet or a rehabber.

They are native in this area. That's too bad.

Old 08-12-2012, 06:39 PM   #8
gluttony
Idk what to do

I dont need a vet bill for an animal I found by chance....Im waiting on one lady who might take it....fingers crossed

Old 08-12-2012, 07:26 PM   #9
rosebud945
I hope she takes it. Another thing you can do is try to find an exotics/reptile rescue in your area. I sure hope you find help for it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!