Prohibited sales on FaceBook - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 04-14-2017, 01:47 AM   #1
WebSlave
Prohibited sales on FaceBook

Not that I follow anything on FaceBook, but just saw this in passing...

Quote:
Commerce Policy

Items, products or services sold on Facebook must comply with our Community Standards as well as the Commerce Policies. Sale of the following is prohibited on Facebook:
  1. Illegal, prescription or recreational drugs;
  2. Tobacco items and related paraphernalia;
  3. Unsafe supplements;
  4. Weapons, ammunition or explosives;
  5. Animals;
  6. Adult items or services;
  7. Alcohol;
  8. Adult health items;
  9. Real money gambling services;
  10. Goods, items or posts that we determine may be or are fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or offensive;
  11. Items or products with overtly sexualized positioning;
  12. Non-physical items are prohibited on Facebook Marketplace, including but not limited to services, subscriptions, digital products, or rentals.
Source: https://www.facebook.com/policies/co...c_location=ufi

Old 04-14-2017, 07:19 AM   #2
Robert Walker
Animals... What the What??? Suppose it gives them an out to delete any site they don't like and turn a blind eye to the other hundreds out there

Old 04-14-2017, 11:57 AM   #3
WebSlave
I would imagine that they will handle this on a reactive manner, rather than proactive.

Old 04-14-2017, 01:54 PM   #4
hhmoore
That list eliminates probably 80% of my online shopping, lol. Good thing I've never used Facebook for buying... and I'm even more glad that I've eliminated the site from my routine (I access it once or twice a month to check on friends)

Old 04-14-2017, 02:58 PM   #5
JColt
Pretty much everything but kitty photo's are illegal on fb, lol. Very selective on enforcement.

Old 04-14-2017, 03:03 PM   #6
Insomniac101
Quote:
Originally Posted by JColt View Post
Pretty much everything but kitty photo's are illegal on fb, lol. Very selective on enforcement.
So now Craigslist is going to get worse, if that's even possible. I think I'm at my flagging limit for the day!

Kathy

Old 04-14-2017, 03:07 PM   #7
JColt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomniac101 View Post
So now Craigslist is going to get worse, if that's even possible. I think I'm at my flagging limit for the day!

Kathy
I got flagged for selling lab rat cages once on craigslist because it's "cruel"

Old 04-14-2017, 04:20 PM   #8
Robert Walker
Craigslist Rocks!
It is perfect for talking to nut jobs, time wasters, no shows and every other dicey form of human life. Enough about me though...

Old 04-14-2017, 04:55 PM   #9
JumpSpidersInc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Walker View Post
Craigslist Rocks!
It is perfect for talking to nut jobs, time wasters, no shows and every other dicey form of human life. Enough about me though...

Old 04-14-2017, 08:12 PM   #10
Insomniac101
Quote:
Originally Posted by JColt View Post
I got flagged for selling lab rat cages once on craigslist because it's "cruel"
I don't bother those folks, but I do flag the 4-week-old puppies, $500 puppies, and animals that appear unhealthy.

I don't like Facebook, and only log in once in awhile to see what distant family members are up to. If they're no longer allowing animal sales, those people are going to turn to another free source to try moving animals.

Kathy

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!