Bad Guy Dartanya Hausburg / GW Reptiles - Breeding Loan Gone Bad - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-29-2010, 10:02 PM   #91
TripleMoonsExotic
Congrats, Leigh. It's a shame their are no repercussions on him for doing this at all.

Old 01-30-2010, 10:58 AM   #92
redskinsdude
just spent the last 30 min reading this thread. def worth it. glad to hear everything worked out for ya

Old 01-30-2010, 04:56 PM   #93
zn394
Congratulations Leigh! I'm glad it all worked out for you.

Jeff

Old 01-30-2010, 06:38 PM   #94
snakechaarmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by zn394 View Post
Congratulations Leigh! I'm glad it all worked out for you.

Jeff
Thanks so much Jeff -(hope you are doing well!), and everyone else. I appreciate the kind words. ^_^
I'm definitely resting easier!

Old 01-30-2010, 08:16 PM   #95
LoboGfx
Lov happy endings =)

Congrats ! =)

Old 02-02-2010, 03:08 PM   #96
R. Eventide
Yay! I'm so glad it all worked out!

I, too, wish there were some sort of punishment for people who not only do this to others but also who get the legal system involved just to make the other person worry and spend unnecessary time and money. Creep.

But hey, everything worked out for you in the end, so that will do just fine!

Old 02-02-2010, 04:08 PM   #97
katebirdrex
Leigh, I'm so sorry there won't be more consequences for this loser (although karma does have a way of working things out eventually). But what a relief that you have your animals back safe and sound and that this loser is now out of your life--hopefully for good.

I have a feeling people like him are so impossible to deal with that they'll often get their way because people just give up. So GOOD FOR YOU for seeing this through, securing the safety of your animals, holding him accountable to the court, and letting the community know what kind of person this guy is. You did good.

Old 02-09-2010, 12:19 PM   #98
AcePythons
Wow! I just read this whole thing...that was absolute craziness! First and foremost I am VERY glad you got your animals back in good condition! As I was reading I was so worried that you were going to say something bad happened...so phew!! *wipes forehead*... But geeze, I'm glad everything worked out in the end and like katebird said, good for you for sticking with it because, yes, people like that do get their way because the nice people get frustrated and just give up and give in. So congrats for winning your case, and keep your babies safe and healthy!!

Old 02-09-2010, 07:03 PM   #99
snakechaarmer
Unhappy

I was sincerely hoping not to have to update this thread on the situation, but I knew it was kind of inevitable.

On Saturday, I received a letter from Dartanya containing motions to the Judge to set aside the final judgement and to set a new trial. He claimed he did not appear to the trial because he never received a response to his previous Motion for Continuance (to get the trial date moved) in the mail. Just as a side note, Umm....Just because you don't get an answer in the mail does NOT mean you don't have to show up to your designated court date. Pretty sure that's common sense. But again, pretty sure that's also just an excuse for his cowardice.

The second paper he mailed was interesting, picking and skewing and contorting choice statements from this forum's thread to send into the judge and interpreting them COMPLETELY out of context and twisted into lies, as well as a few other claims, which I am going to try to stick to the facts here without peppering in my personal feelings because I am honestly so sick and disappointed at the backstabbyness and treachery of others, I don't really know what to say.

Anyway, This excerpt from a previous post was a public apology dated 1-19-10 to Eric & Denis Daily and their friend Mike whose last name I still do not know concerning the mixup about their table at the Daytona Expo.

Quote:
I don’t know if Dartanya is involving you guys in any of this drama or not, but I know I said Thanks at the show, (even though nothing sold except you guys’ baby normals, ), but I wanted to say I am sorry for an inconvenience it may have caused. I will state here as well as in front of the judge, that if Denis or Eric Daily, whose table it actually was, feel that I owe them any kind of money for the 4 snakes I had on the corner of their table, to please contact me directly.
I also wanted to say that from the brief time we spent together and what I have heard other people mention of you all at Captive Bred Reptiles, you seem to be nice, respected people and I would be extremely careful associating with someone like Dartanya. He has proved, a several times over, that he cannot be trusted and he is willing to backstab and hurt a friend or a fellow breeder without a moment’s hesitation. I hope that if you continue to associate with him that you do not get hurt as I have.
I also went to the Repticon, Orlando show on January 13th to help a friend, and being a generally cordial and outgoing person, said Hi to everyone I knew, including the aforementioned gentlemen. The only passage of conversation consisted of a Hello, Hey that's a nice looking pied! See ya later.

So where, in any of the abovementioned statements or situations would You, Eric Daily, Denis Daily, or Mike, consider yourself threatened, harassed, or intimidated by me? Prior to Saturday, February 6th, I had no idea who any of Dartanya's intended witnesses were, save for the Sergeant from the S.O. who was mentioned in the Motion for Continuance filed on Jan 19thish.. so it's interesting that in this petition to the Judge, Dartanya claimed I ruined/besmirched his "expert witness", Eric Daily's, business name of Captive Bred Reptiles on a public forum (this one, I presume), and threatened, harassed and intimidated his witnesses on this forum as well as at the Repticon Show.

That's a gallant feat, even for me, considering I had no idea the three of those men were even involved in this situation until February 6th, or any idea why they would even be involved, considering they barely know me and have nothing to do with the situation at all, save the ownership of a table at Daytona, which the show program clearly stated anyway.

I'm not pointing fingers, or getting any further into this, because I don't know the situation's details. For all I know, one of you could have said you saw me at the show, and Dartanya completely made up the rest of his claims without consulting the three of you, nor do I know if you are completely behind him in this situation and been "spying" or whatever you want to call it. If he made up those statements without your knowledge or permission, you know what kind of "friend" he is to you. If you have helped in adding fuel to his fire of lies, then shame on the three of you, three grown adult men, for completely fabricating a situation that never happened in an attempt to hurt an innocent person for no reason or gain to yourselves. I just don't understand it.

Finally, the Judge denied all of Dartanya's requests today, February 9th. I have a feeling, though, that Dartanya will not accept that he was wrong and just accept that it is over. Not really sure what to say or do anymore about any of this nonsense. It just really makes me sad.

Old 02-10-2010, 05:28 PM   #100
vonnick52
What a scumbag....glad it finally worked out for you though.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!