Bad Guy Dartanya Hausburg / GW Reptiles - Breeding Loan Gone Bad - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-20-2010, 05:44 PM   #81
TheVipersHouse
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakechaarmer View Post
For those of you still remotely following this soap opera, I thought I would do a small update. I have been cautious to write anything about this, because I worry about retaliation from the other party involved, as their past civil records indicate they are not above committing violent or shady acts.. Not saying people can’t change, but it’s fairly obvious that is not the case in this situation.

Dartanya showed up at pre-trial conference on December 8th, and immediately demanded that the judge rule in his favor because I did not appear to the subpoena duces tecum without deposition. The judge promptly responded that Of course She didn’t show up, she filed a notice of Objection…To which Dartanya replied that he never received it. The judge then held up my submittal noting the failed communication attempts, showing that all correspondence from me and from the court had been returned due to improper address, because he apparently moved within about 3 hours away within a few days of all the drama.

I cannot discuss at length what happened during mediation, because it’s supposed to be confidential from what I understand, but I will only say that Dartanya is NOT the person that I met four years ago, or the person I thought he was. He made statements and claims, and told lies that were absolutely extraordinary and out-of-this-world unbelievable. One of the things was that he went so far as to claim he could not take back his rodent bins because of IBD. So you demand to the cops you want them back, refuse to take them back at the exchange, and is now claiming the bins have IBD contamination..Right.

At pre-trial we were ordered to supply copies of all evidence and documents to be used at the trial. I complied. As of today, he still has not. I have no idea who his witnesses are nor what evidence he has (that I believe is likely forged or fabricated). He claims to have 10 witnesses and 500 pieces of evidence. I have submitted proper requests to the court to have this entire nonsense thrown out because he has not complied with the court order, and is attempting trial by ambush. The judge has marked my request as received but has not commented, and after speaking with the JA she informed me that it would be addressed at the final trial hearing, which is January 29th.

I wanted to take this moment to apologize to a few people that I fear are probably going to be involved in this case and with Dartanya, and I wanted to let them be aware of a few things.

When Dartanya and I spoke in August concerning sharing table space at the Daytona expo, he told me I could put a few of my snakes on his table, no problem. There was never a mention of a charge or anything whatsoever. He even mentioned at the time using some of my snakes to trade for what “we” (implying breeding partners) needed for our projects. I did not know until I got into the actual expo that Dartanya himself, or GW Reptiles did not have a table at the Daytona expo, and that he was sharing a table and putting his own animals on someone ELSE'S table. Had I known that this was the case, I would not have asked to put any animals on the table without asking the person that paid for the table and whose table it rightfully was.
Not going to get into other people’s animals on tables at shows politics here, but I wanted to formally apologize to Eric and Denis Daily of Captive Bred Reptiles, as well as their friend Mike who I think was also at the table. I did not know that it was not actually Dartanya’s table until I looked at the vendor listing in the Expo Program, which has been sent as evidence in this trial, as he is claiming I owe a large sum for using “his table” at the expo.
I don’t know if Dartanya is involving you guys in any of this drama or not, but I know I said Thanks at the show, (even though nothing sold except you guys’ baby normals, ), but I wanted to say I am sorry for an inconvenience it may have caused. I will state here as well as in front of the judge, that if Denis or Eric Daily, whose table it actually was, feel that I owe them any kind of money for the 4 snakes I had on the corner of their table, to please contact me directly.
I also wanted to say that from the brief time we spent together and what I have heard other people mention of you all at Captive Bred Reptiles, you seem to be nice, respected people and I would be extremely careful associating with someone like Dartanya. He has proved, a several times over, that he cannot be trusted and he is willing to backstab and hurt a friend or a fellow breeder without a moment’s hesitation. I hope that if you continue to associate with him that you do not get hurt as I have.
Sounds to me like everything is falling into place for you , all hes doing is digging his hole deeper and deeper .

i wouldnt expect this to last much longer by the next time you go to court i wouldnt be surprised at all if the judge throws it out ...
keep up the good work i know its a pain in the ass but your doing exactly whats needed to be done on your end ...

Old 01-20-2010, 10:32 PM   #82
chamgirl99471
Wow... What a Loser!! I can't believe someone would try to pull this on someone who trusted his with high quality animals!! The fact that he still has not submitted the evidence he "supposedly" has is fishy in it's own right and does not look good to the court system so I don't think you have anything to worry about. It will more then likely be thrown out the window and he'll end up being the one to pay a lot more then he bargained for!! Keep us up to date. Just hope it goes your way... We're all pulling for you

Old 01-20-2010, 10:48 PM   #83
sizzlindragons
WOW, I am sorry you had to go through all this to get your pets back.
NEVER EVER loan out anything that you value even if its your neighbor. It never turns out good. If it is something you want back then never let it leave your hands. That is just what I have learned with this biz. These are live animals and not objects but most do not see anything but dollar signs and could care less they are your pets.
Sorry it went this far and by someone you trusted that is the worst but good job standing up to him

Old 01-20-2010, 11:26 PM   #84
GinoInDaBronx
This dartanya (what kind of name is that? If it refers to the '3 Musketeers', the spelling is not even close!) clown sounds like a real piece of work! My quick question is: prior to this thread, has anyone actually heard of him before (for something reptile-related; not beating his gf)?

GB

Old 01-21-2010, 02:13 PM   #85
JohnRougeux
FYI: to get text messages from your iPhone to your email, all you have to do is this. No other software is needed.

Open up the text you want to forward to your email. Click on Edit (top right button near battery indicator), select which text you want to forward, then click on Forward (bottom right button).

This will bring up a new window saying New Message. In the To box, type in the email address to forward it to.

Click Send.

Check your email!

Old 01-22-2010, 12:14 PM   #86
snakechaarmer
Thanks for that, I pulled a SMS browser and got the backup file from the phone unencrypted and got most all of them out that way.

Old 01-22-2010, 12:15 PM   #87
snakechaarmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by GinoInDaBronx View Post
This dartanya (what kind of name is that? If it refers to the '3 Musketeers', the spelling is not even close!) clown sounds like a real piece of work! My quick question is: prior to this thread, has anyone actually heard of him before (for something reptile-related; not beating his gf)?

GB

I'm not sure. I met him at the Daytona Expo in 06 or 07. I think at that time and and his partner had just started their business. Don't know about anyone else's experiences though.

Old 01-29-2010, 07:17 PM   #88
snakechaarmer
Wink

Hello to those of you still following this mess…hopefully this will be the last bit of news!

The final hearing in this situation with Dartanya was at 8:30 this morning in Marion County. At 8:30, the only parties present were myself and my witnesses. Dartanya and any of the 10 witnesses he claimed he was bringing never showed up. He still never sent any witness list or copies of any documents he was planning to use as evidence in the trial.

At 8:35 the Judge called me back into his chambers, highly perturbed, and ruled the entire case in my favor. After which he basically implied that based on how annoying Dartanya had been with the entire care, he was sure he would probably contest the judgement, but not to worry about it.

I was sick with worry, nightmares, and serious amounts of stress and lost/wasted money over the whole civil/legal ordeal, and I must say that despite what a horrible experience it was, it was definitely a learning experience for me. I don’t ever want to do it again. I am very, very thankful that it is (I hope) over and done with.

I want to thank all of you that supported me through this, you know who you are. And if any of you ever choose to do business with Dartanya to be very, very, very careful, no matter what business dealing it may concern. Please learn from my mistakes and be very careful who you do business with, who you trust, and get EVERYTHING in writing.

Old 01-29-2010, 07:54 PM   #89
chamgirl99471
Figured he would chicken out!! He probably didn't have any whitnesses or evidence to support anything that he claimed and I am so happy that things went well for you! Good Luck and Hope this is the end for you!!

Thanks for Updating us I'm so happy for you!

Old 01-29-2010, 09:20 PM   #90
TheVipersHouse
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakechaarmer View Post
Hello to those of you still following this mess…hopefully this will be the last bit of news!

The final hearing in this situation with Dartanya was at 8:30 this morning in Marion County. At 8:30, the only parties present were myself and my witnesses. Dartanya and any of the 10 witnesses he claimed he was bringing never showed up. He still never sent any witness list or copies of any documents he was planning to use as evidence in the trial.

At 8:35 the Judge called me back into his chambers, highly perturbed, and ruled the entire case in my favor. After which he basically implied that based on how annoying Dartanya had been with the entire care, he was sure he would probably contest the judgement, but not to worry about it.

I was sick with worry, nightmares, and serious amounts of stress and lost/wasted money over the whole civil/legal ordeal, and I must say that despite what a horrible experience it was, it was definitely a learning experience for me. I don’t ever want to do it again. I am very, very thankful that it is (I hope) over and done with.

I want to thank all of you that supported me through this, you know who you are. And if any of you ever choose to do business with Dartanya to be very, very, very careful, no matter what business dealing it may concern. Please learn from my mistakes and be very careful who you do business with, who you trust, and get EVERYTHING in writing.
Great Job crossing your T's and dotting your I's , i told you you had nothing to worry about .

people like him have no follow thru , when they know its a losing battle ..
Just like the Judge said Dont Sweat it anymore , hes been shown for what he is and the LAW has no wseen it and he will have no respect next time he shows his face .. GREAT JOB !!!!!!!!!!! standing up against them ...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!