Inquiry Tracy Lancaster - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-26-2010, 02:28 PM   #31
DaBaseballGuy
Thumbs down no news........

I have emailed her multiple times since yesterday morning and have not heard back. I also opened a dispute with paypal and I know that she received a copy of that yesterday as well. I will escalate the paypal to a claim on Firday, that is the first day I can take further action. I did pay with a credit card so I will also pursue that avenue as well. I would also love to pursue this legally if anyone knows how to go about that end of things. I am SO TICKED. I have purchased numerous animals off of both fauna and kingsnake and never had any trouble, but this is definitely going to make me rethink how I deal with others. Where to go from here I am not sure other than wait until Friday to open a claim with paypal, and I guess hold out hope that I will still get the animal....wishful thinking I know!! Any other advice on what I can or need to be doing at this point? Thanx for all of your help and kind words.

Old 01-26-2010, 02:44 PM   #32
bamagurl76
I do hope you get your snake. I don't know how to go about pursuing it legally I am sure someone on here does.

Old 01-26-2010, 03:05 PM   #33
SERPENTS DEN
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBaseballGuy View Post
I have emailed her multiple times since yesterday morning and have not heard back. I also opened a dispute with paypal and I know that she received a copy of that yesterday as well. I will escalate the paypal to a claim on Firday, that is the first day I can take further action. I did pay with a credit card so I will also pursue that avenue as well. I would also love to pursue this legally if anyone knows how to go about that end of things. I am SO TICKED. I have purchased numerous animals off of both fauna and kingsnake and never had any trouble, but this is definitely going to make me rethink how I deal with others. Where to go from here I am not sure other than wait until Friday to open a claim with paypal, and I guess hold out hope that I will still get the animal....wishful thinking I know!! Any other advice on what I can or need to be doing at this point? Thanx for all of your help and kind words.

http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

http://www.fbi.gov/cyberinvest/cyberhome.htm

Old 01-26-2010, 04:13 PM   #34
hhmoore
Dale - what other information did you get (address, phone number?) What was the PayPal address you sent the money to? What was the name on the account (check your payment notification)

Old 01-26-2010, 04:38 PM   #35
mvite
When filing with paypal---stress the fact that you have never received any product.

The scumbag seller will have to enter a valid shipping number in order to keep the money.

Old 01-26-2010, 05:46 PM   #36
DaBaseballGuy
info

the name was Tracy Lancaster
paypal tracy0091@aim.com
i never received an address or phone number
i am learning!!!

Old 01-26-2010, 05:52 PM   #37
hhmoore
Tracy091 hasn't been on this site (at least not logged in) since shortly after her post a couple days ago.
Quote:
Last Activity: 01-24-2010 05:39 PM

Old 01-26-2010, 09:03 PM   #38
TailsWithScales
Harald,

Is there a way to block new members from creating classified ads within 30 or 60 days of becoming a member so as to help maybe alleviate some of this??? I've noticed that these scammers create their account and within a few days or a week have taken someones money.

'Tracy' joined on Jan 20th and made her first post on Jan 22nd. Which was her classified ad.

Or maybe have them blocked for 30-60 unless they want to pay to post their add????

Old 01-26-2010, 09:20 PM   #39
Montoya
She contributed so she could lock the thread and bump the ad for the weekend. I would think that since she registered and contributed, Fauna could look into getting some info when it is proven to be a scam. I also think there should be some safegaurds in place to help prevent this stuff from happening.

Old 01-26-2010, 09:29 PM   #40
reptails
Okay, here's proof that this is a scam. I also bought the same snake. I questioned her about her lack of references so we agreed that half now and half upon receipt of the snake would be acceptable terms. I guess if there is a bright side, I will only get screwed out of half the money. The snake was supposed to ship today for delivery tomorrow, but amazingly I have not received a response either. I will also be filing a dispute via paypal. I do have the email correspondence for those interested.

Robert Franklin

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!