Inquiry Tracy Lancaster - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-02-2010, 06:31 PM   #71
2kdime
With such an obvious scam, why isn't there IP address just blocked?

Old 02-02-2010, 06:37 PM   #72
hhmoore
For one thing, that wouldn't stop him. For another thing, it's a different IP address pretty much every time he signs on...how are we supposed to block that?

Old 02-02-2010, 06:38 PM   #73
chamgirl99471
Thumbs down Why It's Hard To Trust the Little Guys Out There

This is the type of person that makes it difficult for the little guys like myself to be trusted!! Grrrr... that's why I just sent in my money to become a contributing member so that maybe someone will see that I'm legit and feel a little more inclined to trust!!

I hope everyone gets their money back safely and this person is STOPPED!!

Thanks for listening to me rant

Old 02-02-2010, 06:45 PM   #74
JeffreH
You have every right to rant, I understand exactly where you're coming from having been ripped off $550 from this poster.

I'll get emails up later, I'd like to censor any of my own personal information from the emails for my own sake because with shipping and doing business with her (or so I thought) I included my phone # and shipping address...information I'd rather not make public unless completely necessary.

Contacting paypal, hoping for a refund. Perhaps there will be an understanding if X amount of people now have been scammed from her paypal account.

I've done business with multplie breeders online through this classified and various sites with no problems...I guess I'll just have to be more picky about choices. Not providing her phone # should have raised a red flag, but I guess the sincerity in her responses and providing the supposed address allowed her pass under the radar.

Old 02-02-2010, 06:45 PM   #75
Chrisw
To those who have been scammed, have you called paypal and tried to get any information on this person to take legal actions against?

Old 02-03-2010, 12:01 AM   #76
DaBaseballGuy
update....

First don't let her tell you she doesn't know about this post or the paypal problem. I was on my paypal aacoount today and they have sent her multiple notices first of my dispute and now of the escalation to a claim. I have also emailed her multiple times with no response. I sent an email today that I can just about guarantee she at least opened, so she is WELL aware of all that is going on. Paypal would not disclose much at this point, maybe they will as things progress. She has a few more days before they take action. I too was told by "Tracy" that she would not provide a number, like others it should have raised a flag but she talked a very good game and said the same things like " I understand if you are uncomfortable doing business" live and learn. I hope this person gets everything they deserve in life. What goes around comes around.......THe fact that she does not come on here and defend this whole mess further proves what kind fo person we are dealing with.

Old 02-03-2010, 12:24 AM   #77
reptails
Following is the confirmation of my paypal payment. I have blocked out a portion of the transaction ID number:

Hello Robert Franklin,

Your payment for $275.00 USD to tracy0091@aim.com has been sent.

It may take a few moments for this transaction to appear in the Recent Activity list on your Account Overview.

Payment details

Amount: $275.00 USD
Transaction Date: Jan 23, 2010
Transaction ID: ###802895J3869###

Subject: '08 Female Mojave

Here is partial payment for the '08 female mojave. I will send the remaining $275 upon receipt of the animal.

Shipping Address:

25707 E. 161st St.
Pleasant Hill
United States
View the details of this transaction online

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This payment was sent using your bank account.

By using your bank account to send money, you just:

- Paid easily and securely

- Sent money faster than writing and mailing paper checks
- Paid instantly -- your purchase won't show up on bills at the end of the month.

Thanks for using your bank account!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sincerely,
PayPal

Old 02-03-2010, 10:02 AM   #78
DaBaseballGuy
I told you "she" would at least open it....I didn't expect a response..

I said yesterday that I had sent an email that would at least get opened, here is not only that email but a copy of our correspondence since day one with my address and info left out. She did respond, and my response back to her is listed as well. As you can see I emailed her several times asking about shipment, and letting her know about this thread, I received no response until she responded to my email yesterday.

This continues to AMAZE me!

Sent: Wednesday, February 03, 2010 7:45 AM
To: 'Tracy Lancaster'
Subject: RE: you are either the stupidist person ever to walk the face of the planet...........

Apologies……that would mean that you did not mean to do this or were going to make it right……….I have seen no evidence of either…..so until you make it right…….my view does not change and please rest assured that I WILL pursue this to the full extent possible. I am looking into legal action against you as are the others that you have scammed.

Dale Arnold

Sent: Tuesday, February 02, 2010 6:58 PM
To: Dale Arnold
Subject: RE: you are either the stupidist person ever to walk the face of the planet...........

Dear Mr. Dale Arnold,

Please accept my sincerest apologies.

Sincerely,
Tracy Lancaster

Subject: you are either the stupidist person ever to walk the face of the planet...........
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 18:42:54 -0600
To: tracy.091@live.com
OR JUST AN ASS!
You sold this animal to me, never shipped, never had the balls to contact me back, turned around and sold it AGAIN to another person, and did not ship it to them either Then you post on a thread that you know is talking about your being a thief and now you post that the animal is still up for sale…..

I figured it out!

You are D) All of the above A stupid thief, a liar and an ASS.
I hope life brings you all you deserve. What goes around comes around.

Sent: Tuesday, January 26, 2010 9:31 AM
Subject: LEGAL ACTION>>>>> offer on mojave

Tracy,
I emailed you several times yesterday. I have had no response. You were supposed to ship yesterday, I REALLY need to hear from you. I have contacted paypal to dispute the charge, there is a thread on the boi about this sale leading me to believe that you have scammed me. Please understand that I WILL pursue ALL legal recourses to recoup my money AND prosecute you to the full extent possible if this is not made right. Again I am trying to be understanding, but truly feel that this was a scam. You will not respond to any form of communication. Please contact me ASAP!

Your Slithering Science Subserviant,

Dale Arnold

Sent: Monday, January 25, 2010 3:42 PM
Subject: RE: offer on mojave

Tracy,
I am concerned!
I have not heard from you on shipping and you have not responded to my email earlier……now there is this big post on the BOI on Fauna claiming that they think this is a scam!
PLEASE tell me that you have shipped or are going to ship tomorrow! I need to hear from you with a tracking number. My wife is going to kill me if I don’t get that snake! She was not thrilled with me buying it in the first place and now if I am out the money AND don’t get the snake……………..I posted on the BOI that I had purchased the snake from you and would post and let them know how the deal is finished, PLEASE respond ASAP!

Dale Arnold

Sent: Monday, January 25, 2010 12:51 PM

Tracy,
Where you able to ship today? If so could I get the tracking number?
Thanx

Dale Arnold

Sent: Friday, January 22, 2010 6:09 PM

Yep!

Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 17:37:00 -0600

So we are set to ship on Monday?

Dale Arnold

Sent: Friday, January 22, 2010 2:55 PM

Yes I did
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 14:48:07 -0600

Did you get payment yet?

Dale Arnold

Sent: Friday, January 22, 2010 2:25 PM

I'll get the shipping label printed off now

Right now I have a pastel pair and 3 normal balls, two chameleons and 3 crested geckos (started with snakes, then went to the lizards. Gotta say my heart's still with the snakes!)
My sole reason for selling her is that I really can't afford as large a collection as I have now (which, to be honest, isn't that large) and I'm in a pretty tight situation right now on the whole.

Sent: Friday, January 22, 2010 1:27 PM

I ship through FedEx and use boxes from shipyourreptiles.com - with heat packs. On Monday (the day I would be shipping), highs are forecasted to be in the mid 40s and lows in the mid 30s.

Unfortunately, I won't conduct business over the phone. I know this can be a red flag to you (especially considering I have no references), so I respect whatever decision you make in doing business with me due to this.

Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 13:19:23 -0600
How do you ship? What are the temps like where you are? Is there a number I can reach you at to finish discussing this before I send you the money?

Dale Arnold

Sent: Friday, January 22, 2010 12:19 PM

Paypal is tracy0091@aim.com

As far as references, I do not have any unfortunately. I'm new to the online world of reptile commerce.

Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 12:12:38 -0600
Where do I send paypal payment? I can have it to you literally as soon as I get where to send it.
Do you have any references? I have been burned before ……………

Old 02-04-2010, 08:18 AM   #79
Abby
Wow, this is just sick. I watched the other "McKyle" thread and it just keeps piling up. I hope you guys get your money back.

I also want to stress that this is WHY the BOI exists. USE IT! If a deal seems to be too good to be true, it more than likely is. Unless that person has some serious references I wouldn't go for a deal like that.

I will also say I am one person who does not like to do business over the phone... 1) I have bad people anxiety 2) I am on a 3rd shift schedule, so it is near impossible anyway and 3) I like to have everything in writing. Situations like this thread make people like me look bad... Just sad. Good luck everyone.

Old 02-04-2010, 10:49 AM   #80
DaBaseballGuy
boi search ...

on this did not help. I searched before purchasing the animal...nothing came up. It was not until AFTER my purchse had been made that this thread started. I use the boi and it is a great help, this time it was just a little late.....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!