Feeding Question - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Kingsnakes & Milksnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-12-2018, 01:05 AM   #1
michaelaberkowitz
Feeding Question

I have a 10 month old Pueblan Milk Snake, I've had her for a month. She's eaten every week but she's going into shed (she's very dull, has blue eyes) and won't eat. I know this is normal but I was wondering if I should try feeding her every day until she takes it, OR if I should just wait for next Monday (her regular feeding day) when she's already shed, so I don't stress her out.

Old 06-12-2018, 06:25 AM   #2
chrisis697
Hey Mike, me personally I would just leave her be until after she sheds. There are a few snakes that will eat anytime & some that are picky, kinda like us, haha. Either way as long as she was eating regularly for you & doesn't seem to be under weight, she will be fine for a week. Good luck with her.
Chris
B and S Pythons/facebook

Old 06-12-2018, 08:11 AM   #3
bcr229
I have a Honduran milk that is much the same way. Just leave her alone, keep her humidity up a bit, and try feeding her again the day after she sheds. When she does shed she will probably make a mess, at least mine often seem to pee/poop in theirs.

Old 06-13-2018, 01:15 AM   #4
michaelaberkowitz
Thanks for your help!

Old 06-13-2018, 01:16 AM   #5
michaelaberkowitz
Thank you, that helps a lot!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
colubrid, feeding, milk snake, pueblan milk snake, shedding