Georgia state law issues - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Laws, Legislative Issues & Alerts > USA State Specific Issues

Notices

USA State Specific Issues Issues that are specific to a particular state, or subregion within a state, should be appended to the existing relevant thread. NEW threads cannot be created in this forum.

Old 02-04-2004, 10:13 PM   #51
tdeppen
Exclamation

would contacting the local news groups help get some out side intrestes? just a thought, the more people that know about it the better chance there is to have more people sign a petition on the matter. i think that damien is right, we need to do some more reserch on every bodys part and it will probly cost alot of money.

just my opion, but, i dont think that collecting from the wild is that great. reason is that when people go collect, they get hooked and soon they want to breed them, and to breed you need more females than males. if you take to many females out of the wild you get a endangered animal. if we are going to go throught with this we must think of the conservation of the wild population also along with captive breeding projects.

prices for the permits should be enought that not just any body who wants to get a EDR could just pay 25 bucks and have a hot snake leagely. i know of tomany stupid people who "would love to get a cobra". you can keep hot snakes and no one know about it, but if you get bit, head line news.

thad

Old 02-05-2004, 02:44 AM   #52
JohnHarper
Thumbs up Getting the law changed!

www.fieldherpers.com is a good site to post it on.
it will take alot of effort and time
but if it gets the out of date laws changed then thats all that matters.

i have a friend who has an associates degree in film production
maybe he could pull some strings and do a speical on changing the reptile laws in ga and have gptv covering it, just a thought.

I have started a herp society in my area
not too many showed up on the first meeting
but I think that was because it was super bowl sunday when we had our first meeting.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NorthW...olgicalSociety

micheal do you want my address when you get the paper work finished.

feel free to email me anytime at electricbluescat@earthlink.net

i also belive that the more people that work on this the easier it will be to get the out dated laws changed it will take alot of team work and motivation.

john campbell

Old 02-05-2004, 02:18 PM   #53
ZX11
Thad,

The local news channels are not interested unless there is something really big to it. We are big enough-- just not organized, yet. But there is still time to do something:

I would like for everone in the SE GA area to contact me to organize something big enough to get their attention. I cannot say anything here, but will state my plans in email.

fischefather@yahoo.com is my email.
Michael Parkinson

Old 02-05-2004, 02:22 PM   #54
ZX11
Last years' catch in Claxton-- home of fruitcakes

http://www.sidetrackers.com/gallery_...akeRoundup.htm

Michael Parkinson

Old 02-05-2004, 06:17 PM   #55
JohnHarper
Thumbs up Have you tried contacting the south east hot herp society?

webmaster@venomousreptiles.org

They may be able to help.

also Mark Patterson is president of the Ga Herpetological Society

patterma@co.gwinnett.ga.us

the more people that get invovled the easier it will be

i will call you sometime to talk about this on the phone,

what would be a good time to call?

john campbell

also Pet Co. maybe interested in this too cuz they would be interested in the corporate side

corn snakes sale and they are losing money cuz we cant legally own or sale one in Ga.

Old 02-06-2004, 11:49 AM   #56
ZX11
Protest the Claxton, GA roundup

Hello to all.

I have been trying, like most of you to get the Claxton roundup to end, but so far have failed. I would like to try this again this year. Anyone interested in joining in?????

We need a peaceful show of strength.

This will also be the chance to be heard about other laws regarding animals in this state.

Not much, but a starting point.

If interested, contact me

mwparkinson@yahoo.com
Michael Parkinson

Old 02-10-2004, 02:23 PM   #57
JohnHarper
Lightbulb

I would like to go to the protest but I probably will not be able to cuz of the distance thing. I wished I lived closer. Perhaps you could get in touch with some of the people on this site that live in Savannah. I think the last time I checked the petition we had 42 votes for the legalization of corn snakes. Micheal hows the paper work coming along? if you need any help just email me.

john

Old 02-10-2004, 05:51 PM   #58
ZX11
I do not understand why so many people talk of doing something, but when they find someone willing to take action, they shy down.

John, I understand the distance thing on your part. The paper work is just that.....work !!!! alot of it, too. But, I am still going with it.

I have just completed a new petition fir the legalization of many animals, reduced fees, etc.Just doing the fine tuning now.

Of everyone that has read this post, I have ONE response..{?}

Why?????

Michael Parkinson

Old 02-10-2004, 08:00 PM   #59
JohnHarper
Thumbs up could you email me a copy of the petition once its done

I wonder if people are aware of the mass murdering of thousands of rattle snakes at the round ups? why am I the only one who replies back lol? Micheal I would come and protest if I lived closer to you. Have you talked to any more of the people in Savannah? I would like to see some of the laws here changed in Ga and with the new petion its a start. Sometimes I think crack heads wrote the laws back in the day.

john

Old 02-27-2004, 09:53 PM   #60
JohnHarper
Lightbulb working on a realistic documentary

I am working on a realistic documentary of reptile laws in Ga and reptile keepers. also would like to see the rattlesnake round ups banned. I contacted animal planet hopefully I will get a response from them. Would be nice to have a guest Celeberty. if anyone wants to help contact me at electricbluescat@earthlink.net

or

Micheal Parkinson at fischefather@yahoo.com

for more info.

john campbell

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!