Stand in Line to laugh at the idiot... - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Arboreal Boas/Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-15-2010, 10:17 PM   #11
Utta
Did you tell him it wasn't hot before or after you got tagged?

Old 10-15-2010, 10:22 PM   #12
LauraB
Before and after - before to teach the difference betweeen species ... and then after because he was kind of freaked how fast it moved and the amount of blood it drew with just a few minor bites. LOL

Old 10-15-2010, 10:28 PM   #13
Utta
Aww, he was worried about you

Old 10-15-2010, 10:52 PM   #14
LauraB
Just worried his meal/video game/computer/chauffer ticket might drop dead of snake/idiocy bite!

Old 11-13-2010, 02:21 PM   #15
AK907
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcalister View Post
welcome to the club! i took an adult amazon to the face opening an exo terra! i was looking for the female lol the male found me....
Gotta love that atb attitude! Mine loves to light me up everytime I open her cage. Luckily she just nips, unless she is being fed. I only have a 10" pair of tongs so I kinda hide around the corner of her terrarium when I feed her because she has nearly gotten me many times. Haha. She is the only one I need to feed with tongs.

Old 11-25-2010, 01:21 PM   #16
Drew Zaun
hehehe gotta love snakes. If I leave out California kings (which have a love/hate relationship with me) I can count the number of bites I have received on 2 hands, in over 16 years.

But my very first one is the one that has ingrained a healthy respect for snakes.

I was keeping my Burms at a friends house. He had a reptile room, was a breeder/wholesaler and my buddy and I were apprenticing from him. In exchange for learning the ropes of the biz and free room for the snakes, we cleaned and fed everything. Well one of his friends had a problem and dumped several dozen feet worth of pythons on us. We had no choice but to double up our animals, and so feeding day was real fun. One eats in the enclosure, the other on the floor.

I had been real careful all day, but the last one was my first snake, my special girl. The one I assigned all sorts of dog/human traits to. The one I "trusted", the one too smart to mistake me for a rabbit. After she finished swallowing I just reached down to pick her up and put her away.

She nailed me right on the wrist and proceeding to put all 10 feet of her body in tight coils up my arm and around my neck. Luckily there were 3 other people in the room at the time, so it never got more than uncomfortable.

One of the guys was new to snake keeping, and in the process says "this may sound like a stupid question, but doesn't that hurt?"

I said yeah, it does sound stupid, cause yeah, it hurts quite a bit.

Anyway, the "stupid bite club" has a large and rather distinguished membership, welcome!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!