Like toothy tree noodles??? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Arboreal Boas/Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-24-2010, 06:41 AM   #11
heathacat
WOW!!! These are some really great pics of very beautiful snakeys! Nice work and congrats on your new xmas gifts.

Old 12-26-2010, 05:44 PM   #12
crotalusadamanteus
Nice looking critters all of them. I especially like the patternless orange, and that last one. The last one reminds me of Darth Mal (sp)

Old 12-28-2010, 01:39 AM   #13
Show Me
Very nice! My favorite is Dartañon. I have a dumb question...what kind of snakes are these? I take it they like to bite?

Old 12-28-2010, 01:42 AM   #14
bloodpython_MA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Show Me View Post
Very nice! My favorite is Dartañon. I have a dumb question...what kind of snakes are these? I take it they like to bite?
These are Amazon tree boas(corallus hortulanus). They tend to be a little nippy. but it really depends on the individual animal and how much you work with them. The 2 I just got dont seem interested in biting me at all.... yet lol

Old 12-28-2010, 02:21 AM   #15
Show Me
How bad is the bite? Do you hold them daily? I'm going to have to do some research on them as they really caught my eye!!!!

Old 12-28-2010, 05:33 AM   #16
bloodpython_MA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Show Me View Post
How bad is the bite? Do you hold them daily? I'm going to have to do some research on them as they really caught my eye!!!!
The bites don't really hurt much until the reach 3-4'. They have REALLY long teeth(in the wild the teeth are for getting through bird feathers), so their bites aren't a corn snake bite. But since they don't have much heft behind them, they are usually a quick prick.
I'm letting my 2 settle in before handling. But I plan on handling every 3 days or so. They do enjoy some privacy. Also I don't handle for a day or 2 after feeding.

NOTE: the male "Dartañon"s red color WILL disappear as he gets older. He will end up being a black and white/silver/gray snake.

Old 12-28-2010, 03:48 PM   #17
timebider
DAY-UM!

LOVE that orange patternless, and the "garden." Sigh....

Old 01-02-2011, 11:40 PM   #18
AK907
Wow Rob, those are spectacular! That WC red male is phenomenal! Its a shame those halloween phases usually lose thier color. Can you imagine how great they would look if they colored up like that as an adult? *drool* I'm envious!

To the poster who inquired about thier bite. It isn't really bad until they get bigger, the shock from the bite is worse than the actual bite. Like Rob said they are packin' in the tooth department...

Old 01-03-2011, 01:30 AM   #19
Show Me
Ooooh my those teeth don't look so inviting! I really love the looks of them but I'm not sure if I've got the guts to handle them teeth. LOL. I wish I knew someone that owned one then I could close my eyes and grab one and see if I could deal with their bite. Gosh I'm getting to be a whimp. LOL

Old 01-24-2011, 11:08 AM   #20
GreenTreePython13
wow absolutely love the pictures!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!