Bad Guy "ChamGuy"-Mike Luu- RARE SPINELESS OPUNTIA - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-26-2011, 09:07 PM   #1
Dragon_Lover713
Thumbs down "ChamGuy"-Mike Luu- RARE SPINELESS OPUNTIA

Well I paypaled this guy on $16 September 25th, 2011 for 2lbs of Opuntia. We exchanged emails and I still havent received anything from him. I really dont care about the money but he shouldnt be taking money on orders and not shipping them. Buyers beware!!! Never again will I do business with this guy. Here the emails we exchanged. Thanks Mike.

P.S. You have to read from bottom up.

"Ivan I am going to send another one.

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 11, 2011, at 5:16 PM, Ivan Rodriguez <chromaticdragonz@aol.com> wrote:

> Hi, still waiting on a response from you and wanting to know what's gonna happen? Where's my package are you gonna send another?
>
> Thanks.
>
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: mpnluu@gmail.com
> To: Ivan Rodriguez
> Sent: Mon, Oct 10, 2011 5:12 am
> Subject: Re: RARE SPINELESS OPUNTIA
>
> wait ...Ivan before u do that. I have already shipped your order. I have been doing this for 4 years. And never lost an order. I'm sure there was a postal issue. Please let me Correct the issue.
>
> Much Thanks,
> Mike
> 321.795.5019
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Oct 9, 2011, at 10:45 PM, Ivan Rodriguez <chromaticdragonz@aol.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi, its been 2 weeks since my order and I still havent received it or even heard from you. So im writing you this email to let you know im going to post a BOI on fauna sorry but i was really depending on those pads. But thank you and you can keep the money.
>>
>>
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: mpnluu <mpnluu@gmail.com>
>> To: Ivan Rodriguez <chromaticdragonz@aol.com>
>> Sent: Thu, Sep 29, 2011 4:54 am
>> Subject: Re: RARE SPINELESS OPUNTIA
>>
>> Hi Ivan,
>>
>> I have received your payment. I had a lot of orders go out this week so I am a bit behind this week. But I will be shipping out ur order Monday. Sorry for the inconvenience Ivan. This is first time I got pretty slammed with orders.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Mike
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>> On Sep 28, 2011, at 7:28 PM, Ivan Rodriguez <chromaticdragonz@aol.com> wrote:
>>
>>>
>>> Hi i paypaled you on the 25th of Sept for 2lbs of Opuntia. I havent heard from you or even been told if its been shipped. I ordered other stuff on the same day and i already received it."

Old 10-26-2011, 09:40 PM   #2
Lucille
Ivan

Open a Paypal dispute today. Too many buyers let the window elapse when sellers say they will do something, and then don't.

Old 10-26-2011, 09:48 PM   #3
Dragon_Lover713
Lucille to be honest the $16 is nothing to me. I really just want the product. But I will open a dispute. Thanks.

Old 10-26-2011, 10:16 PM   #4
Lucille
It isn't necessarily the money. He claims he has never lost a shipment. I don't know, I haven't heard from him here. But if others have their product go missing as well, and they file with Paypal, it establishes a pattern so y'all can determine what went wrong.

It's amazing he has not had an issue in 4 years, everyone I know has tales of shipment issues.

Are you sure it is not something simple like an incorrect address and several shipments perhaps have in fact gone out?

Old 10-26-2011, 10:30 PM   #5
Lucille
Here is one of his ads:
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...hlight=opuntia

Note how he says he will take credit cards, and those are ordinarily very safe for a buyer. I don't see any red flags in his ad or past posts, he sounds like a nice guy. Plus, it is hard to see how anyone would try to pull a fast one on a shipment of relatively inexpensive cactus.

Yet you don't have your cactus.

Have you tried calling him?

Old 10-26-2011, 10:30 PM   #6
Dragon_Lover713
Yea I find it hard to believe myself. Im sure is not incorrect address because I doubled checked several times and when I just filed the dispute it showed me the shipping address and its correct. Maybe several packages did go but they never made it to my door.

Old 10-26-2011, 10:35 PM   #7
Dragon_Lover713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
Here is one of his ads:
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...hlight=opuntia

Note how he says he will take credit cards, and those are ordinarily very safe for a buyer. I don't see any red flags in his ad or past posts, he sounds like a nice guy. Plus, it is hard to see how anyone would try to pull a fast one on a shipment of relatively inexpensive cactus.

Yet you don't have your cactus.

Have you tried calling him?
Yea he did seem nice and I know several people that have bought from him. I have to agree with you, I dont know why he wont want $16. I havent tried calling him because as a breeder and sales person I truly believe costumer service is #1 and then your product. I feel he should of contacted me by email when ever the package went out and if it supposedly got lost then he should of put tracking on the 2nd one and gave me a tracking number.

Old 10-26-2011, 10:48 PM   #8
Lucille
Here's something interesting: There is some kind of bad moth that travels on cactus and apparently they are trying to stop its spread to prevent damage to crops. It looks like Louisiana may have been been apparently relatively recently added to a quarantine of 'host plant' material, read about a foot down into all the text. If true, he might have sent the opuntia out not knowing this and it may have been intercepted:

http://edocket.access.gpo.gov/2011/2011-3991.htm

Old 10-26-2011, 10:51 PM   #9
Lucille
He sounds like a nice guy, maybe someone should forward the info to him.

Old 10-26-2011, 11:10 PM   #10
Dragon_Lover713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
He sounds like a nice guy, maybe someone should forward the info to him.
He does seem like a nice guy. I emailed him the link.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!