TKReptile - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-22-2003, 05:34 PM   #1
ChaosCat
Thumbs down TKReptile

Argh! I hate making bad guy posts!

I purchased 0.0.2 2003 amel corn snakes from Krystle on November 1st. She shipped a few days later.

Both arrived freezing cold, and very skinny. I emailed her about the smallest one, asking if it was a runt, and she claimed it was the same age as the larger one.

One fed sporadically (only really ate once) then began regurgitating every meal after that.

The other fed good twice, then began regurgitating.

A few days ago, I noticed both of their bellies were blue-black in color, so I thought maybe they were impacted, and soaked them to help relieve themselves. The sporadic feeder pooped out bright, fluorescent green feces, that literally looked like chopped up spinach, with lime green fluid. The 2nd one pooped out what looked like yellow marshmallows.

Today, I found the first one dead, again with the dark spots up and down its stomach area. The 2nd one I think is not far off, it is still refusing meals and showing the same dark spots.

I contacted Krystle about this on the 18th and she claimed they were eating fine for her. If they were eating fine, why were they so skinny?

I e-mailed her back about the feces, and she was of no help at all.

All I would like is a refund, at least for the cost of the two baby corns.

This was not something they caught here, as all my other herps are healthy and eating well.

Old 12-22-2003, 05:40 PM   #2
ms_terese
What are the TOS on the purchase? Can you link to a website with them?

Old 12-22-2003, 05:43 PM   #3
ChaosCat
Here are the links to her ads:

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...threadid=28359

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...threadid=28358

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...threadid=28357

They looked healthy in the photos, which is why I bought them, but only one appeared healthy when it arrived-and it is the one that died first.

I just tried to feed the remaining baby-it is refusing f/t, live, and anole scented pinkies.

Old 12-22-2003, 05:59 PM   #4
ms_terese
Here's what I see on the website that is listed in the ads:

*7 Day Guarantee on all animals.
*Any problems with animals must be assessed with in 7 days (Wrong Sex, Sick Animal)
*There is NO cooling off period, Once payment is received the animal is yours!
*DOA - Send it back as soon as you recieve it. That is the ONLY way you will recieve either a refund or another animal.
*Guarantee is VOID if -
*No one is home to recieve the animal.
*If the animal is shipped by anyone but Airborne.

I'm guessing that based on those terms and the amount of time that has passed, you are probably out of luck.

Have you given Krystle an update on the situation and requested a refund? Has she responded? Is she aware of this thread? How much did you pay for the 2 corns? I notice in one of the ads, they were listed as all 12 for $175, shipping included.

Old 12-22-2003, 06:03 PM   #5
ChaosCat
I contacted her a few minutes ago, and I am out $75.

I am taking the body in for a necropsy wednesday.

Old 12-23-2003, 12:01 AM   #6
Mark and Aimee
The green feces was bile. This is common for a regurgitating snake with an empty stomach. It usually occurs shortly before death (1-2 weeks).

Did you notify her about the condition of the snakes as soon as you recieved them? If you said nothing of their condition, and didn't email her about the problems until just a few days ago, you may be in a tough place now.

If a customer emailed me 2 weeks after purchasing a snake or snakes, and told me they were having problems with them - I'd approach the situation with a great deal of caution. There is just SO much that could happen in that amount of time.

Good luck, and I hope you can get the situation resolved.

Old 12-23-2003, 12:48 AM   #7
CMGREPTILES
I have dealt with TK and have had no problems at all. If your going to take a 40 dollar corn in for a necropsy id take a few of your other animals in as well just to make sure they are ok. Alot of things could have happened. I would just make sure you dont have anything going on with any of your other animals nomatter what happened to your corn. I got a few corns and kings in not too long ago and out of 30 animals 8 were regurging and then death. they all came from the same person and it turns out it was a parasitic problem. But There is really no reason to assume fault on here about their animals till you get a vet or someone experienced with the issue at hand to diagnose the problem.

CHRIS
CMG REPTILES

Old 12-23-2003, 12:59 AM   #8
Wilomn
Actually, given what she's posted I think she has every right to suspect the snakes as having arrived with something. It sure sounds like they did.

The necropsy is a very good idea though and perhaps fecals on some of the snakes she still has.

Wes Pollock

Old 12-23-2003, 01:16 AM   #9
Darin Chappell
Given the pictures she has posted over on Rich's other site, I would strongly suspect that the green substance was actually an expulsion of impacted green calci-sand. The other snake look like it had passed white calci-sand.

I suspect that these animals were kept on that substance. If so, and they died from that, then Clara is due a FULL REFUND of her money, including whatever vet bills (for vet care and/or necropsy charges) she may have incurred.

I do NOT think that this is an example of bile expulsion. Even though that was my initial reaction too, before I saw the pics.

Clara, you may want to post those pics over here as well. Just a thought.

Old 12-23-2003, 01:17 AM   #10
Wilomn
Clara please do post those pics here. I would really like to see them.

thanks,
Wes Pollock

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!