TKReptile - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-23-2003, 01:16 PM   #21
Wilomn
Krystle,

What substrate did you keep them on?

Old 12-23-2003, 01:17 PM   #22
ChaosCat
Here's a couple photos of the one that died:

and one of the surviving baby (you can see the folds of skin on its side):

Old 12-23-2003, 01:36 PM   #23
Tkreptile
I use newspaper in all of my baby burms cages. I use SaniChips in all of my big burm and boa cages,The picture of the baby corn was compliment of Tom Mckenna, That corn was one of the Normal het lavander I purchased from him. I purchased the corns October 19 2003 along with 2 yellow ratsnakes from EBV at the San Diego IRBA show. They were all in seprate delicups when purchased and were kept in them, with the addition of a 1 ounce deli cup stapled to the side for a water dish. The other 10 are alive and well a few hours away where I met the lady who purchased them.
I am sure I will be replying more.
Thanks,
Krystle Treadwell
Attached Images

Old 12-23-2003, 01:45 PM   #24
ChaosCat
Please let me know if you hear of anything else. The last one is hanging in there-but still refuses to eat and drink. I'm going to try to tube-feed it today after another soak.

The dark belly in the photo of the one that died (not the green spot-the one I took a closeup of) was the color the belly was all the way up to just below the head the day I soaked it and it pooped out the green stuff. After is defecated, that was the remaining dark coloration in the stomach until I found it dead Sunday evening.

The remaining corn's belly is also that color, but not nearly as bad as the dead one's was. After the soak, both showed the sunken-in tail section just before the vent that you can see in the photo of the dead one.

I just fed all my other baby corns last night and they are fine. They all ate and none have regurgitated.

These two were not kept near any other herps during the time of their quarantine. They were kept in a separate room, each in a separate 5" x 5" x 2" gladware container with ventilation holes on paper towel, and a small condiment cup full of water. Heat was provided using Ultratherm heat mats, hooked up to a thermostat. Warm area was at 85-90, just like I keep all my other corn snake babies.

Old 12-23-2003, 01:53 PM   #25
Tkreptile
I just decided to take a look at Claras website and came across some nice pics of a plump Amel zig zag corn I used to own
http://chaoscat.lowerground.net/herp...s/amelzigzag03

http://chaoscat.lowerground.net/herp...ig03-pics.html

http://chaoscat.lowerground.net/herp...ag11-4-03b.jpg

Thanks,
Krystle

Old 12-23-2003, 01:55 PM   #26
ChaosCat
If you look, that photo was taken the day after it had eaten.

Old 12-23-2003, 01:56 PM   #27
Tkreptile
My point exactly, the corns were eating directly after they left my care. It wasnt untill you had them in your care that they refused to eat.

Old 12-23-2003, 01:57 PM   #28
ChaosCat
They each ate twice, then each regurgitated their 2nd meal on.

Old 12-23-2003, 02:14 PM   #29
Tkreptile
I just called Clara and she said nothing that wasnt in this post except that she had left for over a week on a trip to Cali and left the snakes in the care of her maids. She also said that a Necropsy was scheduled for Tomorrow.
Clara could you please post the dates that ate and the dates they reguratated.
Thanks,
Krystle

Old 12-23-2003, 02:26 PM   #30
Darin Chappell
Clara,

It seems as if Krystle did not keep the babies on Calci-sand. If not, then she isn't the one responsible for their impaction (assuming that is what has happened at all). In fact, if the corns both ate twice before they started regurging, I don't see how they could have been impacted when they came to you in the first place. How did they pass their fecal material, if they were in deed impacted?

Something is not adding up here. Even so, it seems that not much is going to be sttled until after the necropsy. Maybe not even then.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!