TKReptile - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-23-2003, 07:51 PM   #41
The BoidSmith
Quote:
I also slowly warmed them up before feeding them-they both were slightly skinny-I did not want to wait a week before seeing if they would eat.
In my opinion Ben might be right and what happened was probably that feed rot in the stomach. Even if you warmed them up before feeding there was probably not enough time for the enzymatic systems to kick in full gear. Just MHO.

Maybe you will be able to find something different after the necropsy.

Thanks.

Old 12-23-2003, 09:26 PM   #42
Kestrel
As I consider myself a friend to both the seller and the buyer in this situation, I am standing back and looking at it from a non personal viewpoint, and just looking at the facts, and what I know..

IMO, its probably one of two things...

1. They had some digestive bactereal infection cought at EBV...

or

2. It was them being fed so soon after being shipped and cold.. I learned the hard way not to do this when I found an escapee baby corn that had been loose for a good 2 weeks, and in my rush to do a good thing for it, gave it 2 pinks. And it died a couple weeks later after regurging its next meal.. Only after that did someone tell me that they needed something like 2 days for their digestive tract to become fully functional again, after being so cold and stressed..

I personally feel that Kystral is not to blame in this situation, aside from maybe not including enough heat packs, or the right type.. But I know nothing about how they were shipped. If that is the case, then she would be at fault, and should replace the animals.. But as she wasn't informed within the time stated in her TOS, then theres nothing she can really do... Its just an unfortunate situation..

Old 12-23-2003, 09:40 PM   #43
Intense Herpetoculture
Did everyone forget about the calci-sand!!! Come on, that would cause impactation and even death. Open your eyes up!!! I've followed Clara since day one when she got the snakes, when they, ate, when they regurgitated, and the whole time I tried to figure out what was wrong because Clara was having such a hard time with these guys and was doing so well with keeping her other snakes they exact same way, including other corn snakes. So if the vet. proves it was calci-sand, what next??? Is Clara wrong for purchasing animals she did not know where impacted and not soaking them before hand??? I highly doubt Clara is at fault, I mean come on, was she has posted so far clearly shows impaction and the results of impactation, and Clara kept the MAY (depending on what the vet finds) come down to where the hell the calci-sand came from, and who as at fault for providing possibly impacted animals.

Old 12-23-2003, 09:43 PM   #44
Intense Herpetoculture
For soem reason part of my message got erased. Let me start here:

I highly doubt Clara is at fault, I mean come on, was she has posted so far clearly shows impaction and the results of impactation, and Clara kept the these corns on a safe substrate. This MAY (depending on what the vet finds) come down to where the hell the calci-sand came from, and who as at fault for providing possibly impacted animals.

Old 12-23-2003, 09:45 PM   #45
Tkreptile
Justin
I had a telephone conversation with Clara this morning when I found this post, She told me that both the snakes pooped just fine after she got them. As far as I know and have been told animals that are impacted cant poop.

Old 12-23-2003, 09:46 PM   #46
Kestrel
I saw the pictures, and do not think it was calci sand. The only place they would of been kept on it would of been at EBV. The time span doesn't work out if it was impaction.

I had a problem with a group of corns I bought from a local that was very similar to this situation. But I believe the corns I got had some digestive bactereal infection or something. Would eat, pinks would rot in their gut, puke them up. Go on for a few weeks, and death. Temps were fine, they drank, seemed outwardly fine but wasted away. The feces was exactly like those in Cat's photos.. Usually green, white or yellow in color, and with an odd clumpy green, or slimey yellow/white texture. Usually from undigested rotting food, or bile.. Not to mention they wouldn't poop if impacted. They'd bloat up and die. Unless they were finally passing the impaction, which would of been noticably a big pellet of sand that Cat would of remembered. Not a chunk of slime..

Old 12-23-2003, 09:48 PM   #47
Kestrel
Oh, and also.. the darkness and green spot noted by Cat are normal after death, or just before it. Its the spleen/gal bladder rupturing.. I wouldn't link it with green calci-sand..

Old 12-23-2003, 09:52 PM   #48
Kestrel
Quote:
[i]
I highly doubt Clara is at fault, I mean come on, was she has posted so far clearly shows impaction and the results of impactation, and Clara kept the these corns on a safe substrate. This MAY (depending on what the vet finds) come down to where the hell the calci-sand came from, and who as at fault for providing possibly impacted animals. [/b]
I wasn't pointing fingers, but IMO, feeding them the same day as shipping, and being so cold would of killed them. I have had it happen, and have been told it kills animals by several well known colubrid breeders. Cat didn't know it would harm the animal, just as I didn't when it happened to me.. It doesn't kill them immediately, but takes a few weeks, with much regurgitation and slimey green poo.

Sand impaction definatly doesn't look like the first photo.. I admit the second one looks a bit like sand though.. But it could also just be clumped solid urate.

Old 12-23-2003, 10:57 PM   #49
KeLtheMiteY
I know Krystle personly, "very personaly", and anyone who knows her should know that she loves her snakes and that when she said they get top priority is no lie. And i'm pretty sure that before the corns left her site she made damn well sure they were 110% heallthy ( Hell i'm pretty sure there were tears in her eyes when she sent them ). Its hard for me to belive she as fault mainly becuase she was suposed to give me one of her snakes and she knew that i know jack<font color=red>[bleep]</font> about taking care of snakes and that worried her, but she promised me, so in order for me to get the snake i had to learn this lil booklet she gave me like it was the bible.....no lie she would pop quiz me all the time. Anyway i never really learned....i was just trying to seem interested so i can get down her pants....so since i didnt learn...she didnt give up the snake.

Old 12-23-2003, 11:14 PM   #50
The BoidSmith
Rules are rules

Kell,

Good to see new people joining every day! One thing you may want to do is edit your profile and include your full name before your message gets deleted. Rules of this site!

Best regards.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!