Need to build a rack for corn snakes! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 08-11-2004, 11:32 PM   #1
listenn
Question Need to build a rack for corn snakes!

There are only so many ways you can situate things on bookshelves! It's way past time to build a rack. LOL Currently I have 36 hatchlings / yearlings and 6 sub-adults / adults. I've already picked out the Rubber Maid containers I want to use: 6.5 qt. & 31 qt. with Melamine 4x8 3/4 in. sheets for the sides and shelves. I will be growing the majority out, so I'm open-minded to different designs. Any one have a good rack design they care to share, or know where I could find one?

Thanks!
Julie K. Coultes

Old 09-17-2004, 08:50 AM   #2
Sand&SunReptile
I'd personally buy a commercial rack.
May I recomend Casey Hulse, of Natures Spirit.
He has excellent products.
Go to www.nsreptiles.com and check out his stuff.
IT IS TERRIFIC!
By the way, nice collection.
What kind of corns are they?

Old 09-17-2004, 09:59 AM   #3
CAV
Julie,

Here my Build your own rack system thread over on Rich's Cornsnakes.com forum.

Very easy to follow with detailed discussions. Check it out and email me if you have any questions.

Gary

Old 09-17-2004, 10:52 AM   #4
listenn
Wink Collection

A few Hypo and Amel Bloodreds. Hypo, Opal, Lav, Snow, SunGlow and Ghost morphs. Some Mot, some Stripe, some have both.

~ Julie

Old 09-22-2004, 11:21 AM   #5
Alias47
You can also go to Clay Davenport's site:

http://www.arbreptiles.com/

He has plans for building hatchling racks and enclosures...also has instructions for wiring flexwatt and building a HUGE incubator for around a hundred bucks or less.

Very informative...with lots of pictures...and I believe he may even have material measurements (to fit certain types of storage containers) so if you are not as handy, you can have the material cut to size at the lumber yard.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!