NEW SHOW IN PHILADELPHIA SEPT. 2 & 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shows & Events

Notices

Shows & Events Since these are such a big part of our business, it is appropriate that we discuss them from a business perspective.

Old 04-22-2006, 04:34 PM   #1
Traci1
NEW SHOW IN PHILADELPHIA SEPT. 2 & 3

I picked up a flyer at the Hamburg show today. I sure hope this turns out to be a successful show.

Philadelphia Reptile Expo Link

Old 04-22-2006, 07:15 PM   #2
Goanna
Looks interesting to me, and it's a little shorter of a drive then Hamburg. I will definitly keep an eye on the vendors list, and I will most likely check it out when it rolls around!

Old 08-20-2006, 11:49 AM   #3
Goanna
Well, we are getting closer to this show now and I just wanted to bump this thread up to see who is going? I looked up the convention center on google maps and it looks HUGE! I also talked to marty not too long ago he said the vendor list is alot bigger then whats on the site, he just hasnt had time to update it.

Old 08-20-2006, 06:29 PM   #4
burncycle
I'm going to this show since its only about 30 minutes from me. Has anyone been to it before? I interested in phelsuma, chondros, amphibians, and panther chameleons. I hope they have a nice selection! I made a post about the virginia show coming up this weekend 8/26 and haven't gotten a response from anyone. I'm debating going to that one or not.

Don

Old 09-04-2006, 04:29 AM   #5
DAND
Question Well????????

Any input on the new show?

Old 09-04-2006, 09:05 AM   #6
Goanna
I went. It wasnt as big as I had hoped though. Alot of the people I normally see at hamburg didnt show up.

However it was nice and clean, and there was plenty of elbow room, along with climate control, 3 things that Hamburg doesnt have, lol.

If they have it again I will probably go, and I hope it does get bigger eventually.

Old 09-05-2006, 07:24 AM   #7
DAND
Being a holiday weekend could have been limited the participation.

Old 09-05-2006, 01:38 PM   #8
Traci1
I went on Sunday, and after driving an hour and paying $10 to get in, I was pretty disappointed to find a huge mostly empty room where the reptile show was supposed to be. I could have been in an out in about 15 minutes, but I wandered around long enough to stretch it to 1/2 hr. Whoopie.

I hope the holiday weekend plus yucky weather were to blame...and that if they hold this show again in the future that it will be a much better turn out. Like Goanna said, room to move around and climate control are two big pluses in my book, as well as room for everyone to park!! The Hamburg facility is definitely lacking in those areas!!

Old 09-05-2006, 05:51 PM   #9
Goanna
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAND
Being a holiday weekend could have been limited the participation.
I have to wonder if Marty realized it was a holiday weekend when he originally announced this show months ago. I know that I didn't realize it was Labor Day weekend until a few weeks before. I almost didn't go because I anticipated some horrible traffic from NY to Philly but it wasnt that bad actually. I think the bad weather kept most of the holiday travelers off of the highways.

If more vendors wind up attending this show though, I will definitly keep going to it. The Hotel is really nice, and 5 minutes away is the King of Prussia Mall, which in itself is worth a drive to the area! The place is huge, and has some really interesting stuff in it, especially a place to stop for lunch called Rock Bottom Brewery . Their home brewed Scottish Ale made the trip worthwhile anyway, lol.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!