"LUNATIC STALKER ALERT" Daniel Sparks [sparks269@mchsi.com] - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-01-2004, 06:51 PM   #1
Chris@TSE
Thumbs down "LUNATIC STALKER ALERT" Daniel Sparks [sparks269@mchsi.com]

Stay far away from this guy...

Daniel Sparks [sparks269@mchsi.com]
252-207-8252

Heres one you may find amusing, I sure did... AT FIRST.

Thursday I was doing some cleaning... I had spent the better half of the morning boxing up some adult bp's for shipment and I figured I'd tidy up a bit. The phone rang and I went to answer it, noticing a private number I pick up the phone and greet the caller. It's a southern gentleman who seemed to slur his words a bit inquiring about croc monitors. It may just be because I'm a new yorker, but he sounded outright drunk.

I was courteous as always and did my best to answer many questions regarding import crocodile monitors. I am not a monitor afficionado personally.... He expressed a HUGE interest in a import pair and I agreed to send him some pictures later that afternoon and we ended our call. His enthusiasm sounded a bit odd to me but I just shrugged it off as a herper anxious to acquire a much awaited specimen. All in all a fairly normal inquiry. Right?

Five minutes later the phone rings again... I glance at the callerid on the handset and notice its another private number, I pick up and its david again with another onslaught of questions. No biggie, we're here to serve.... I do my best to answer each one and he asks what time i can send the photos and seems even more anxious. creepy anxious.... He goes on to ask when the soonest I can ship the pair to him. He also asks many questions regarding airline shipping, packaging, all sorts of questions you would expect from a concerned hobbyist when contimplating a purchase. Cool, nothing really odd. He seems extremley excisted and I feel glad I can help... We end our conversation and I head into the back to finsh cleaning....

About ten minutes later i am handling a eyelash when the phone rings again. No one else is here so honestly i'm not about to drop what i'm doing when dealing with a hot to answer a phone. I figure the voicemail system will kick in and I can return the call in a few... The phone stops ringing, and then begins ringing again. The phone then stops ringing, and begins ringing AGAIN. and AGAIN. and AGAIN. and AGAIN!

No exaggeration..... literally 39 telephone calls, from a private number, and the PHONE WAS STILL RINGING! I'm begining to get very frustrated and I don't feel like having these disctractions while handling a hot so I put the lash back into his enclosure and go up front to turn off the ringer so I can finish what im doing. About twenty minutes passes and I return to the phone to see another 13 new calls. WOW.... what the hell. I flip the switch to the ringer back on and im greeted with the relentless ringing I have newly grown to hate.... RINGGGGGGGGGGGGGG RINGGGGGGGG.... voicemail.... RINGGGGGG RINGGGGGGGGGGG RINGGGGGGGg....

over and over again... this is ridiculous. Im begining to lose my cool, I pick up the phone, and simply state "you've been calling every five minutes for the past half hour, please stop calling!" and I hang up the phone. By now its obvious that I want nothing to do with this person so I have no intention of playing nice any longer. I honestly sit here and tell you guys I really lost my cool.... in a big way. Most people would call, get voicemail, leave a message, and await a call. Not this clown, no way. This guys a friggin whackjob and a half....

He calls back and by then I've already gone back to deal with another hot. I see the light on the voicemail machine blinking and realize he's finally decided to leave a message instead of just hanging up. AMAZING!!!

Yeah right....... ... I spoke too soon!

Ringgggggggg ringggggggggggggggggg ringgggggg..... over and over again. THIS GUY IS A PSYCHO.. !!! Another voicemail, and another voicemail...... then just consistant ringing..... for nearly another HOUR! This all began sometime around 2-3pm..... he finally quit calling at around 8pm when I left. I noticed too when checking the box later that he actually began calling with his real telephone number and leaving messages on voicemail when he used his real number.... But the three total times I spoke with him he was calling using a private line. He must have unblocked his phone to pretend it was someone else since the three voicemail messages were like a whining little child complaining that "{it wasent me.... dangt man.... it wasent me..." it sounded like that guiy from "king of the hill..." LOL

Over ONE HUNDRED CALLS!
I cant wait to receive our itemized bill and post it, you guys wont believe it until you see it. I'll also find a way to record the voicemails he left for your listening pleasure and post them here. You wont believe it. I know this whole thing seems odd, but all I can say is if you see this guy replying to anything you post for sale, RUN THE OTHER WAY! HE'S INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, by the way.... he was at it again this morning. 42 calls before I even got in! I answered the phone and simply stated "Dont you get the idea? I am not going to sell you a damn thing, please stop calling" and promply hung up the phone. The phone rang another three or four times and then ceased. Hopefully this is the last time we hear from this individual. I feel completley VIOLATED.

Old 10-01-2004, 07:11 PM   #2
DavidBeard
Did the guy give you 2 names? Just wondering because in the title of the thread it says 'Daniel' and in the post it says' David.' That is pretty freakin weird though, I must agree.

Old 10-01-2004, 08:40 PM   #3
Chris@TSE
Sorry, typo... Just the one name, Daniel. In fact the fist time we spoke with him he didnt even give a name. We finally got him name from the voicemail he left begging us to call him.

Old 10-01-2004, 08:51 PM   #4
DavidBeard
Gotcha.....what a freak lol.

Old 10-01-2004, 09:47 PM   #5
KNOBTAIL
you should contact

the phone co. because next time he may be ringing your door bell. Be careful, their are allot of nuts attracted to this industry, not that we already dont have our share, but this is way overboard. JERRY

Old 10-02-2004, 12:45 AM   #6
Chris@TSE
Wish there was a way to transfer the messages from voicemail to the computer... i'd love to share this....

Old 10-02-2004, 06:29 AM   #7
Lucille
There are laws against harassment and local ones may include just such multiple calls. I would check with your phone company or DA office if they continue.

Old 10-02-2004, 11:14 AM   #8
Copperheadman
Wow..sounds like the nutcase I had calling me when I had some guns for sale.Kept calling for a few weeks after they were gone. He only stopped calling after my wife got him to call me at work...when I was dispatching for the police Dept..never heard from him again..kinda creepy having someone like that calling.I hope he leaves you alone

Old 10-02-2004, 11:43 AM   #9
Chris@TSE
That following day we obviously decided not to take any "private" calls. We'd send them, straight thru to voicemail. Low and behold daniel made his onslaught of calls, followed by a finaal performance by myself.....an explosion from me over the phone...... a few choice words were spoken, along with the fact that he could throw his money at us and we would not take it, hillbilly, ect. ect. -click-

Thankfully we have not heard from Mr. Sparks since, and if we do, we will promptly hang up. I wouldnt sell an anole to that man if he pushed 50k in my face. Its just not worth the headache.

Needless to say I personally dont answer phones anymore.

Old 10-02-2004, 08:01 PM   #10
ilovetoobs
I know this guy

yeah,
i work at a pet shop in va beach. animal jungle. daniel bought a crock montior a while ago(around 1 year ago) and to tell you he is a weird guy but i belive seeing him in person he has some type of mental problem. it doesnt seem too severe but he does calla million times. he doesnt seem dangerous but he does call way too much. just to let you know he wont be knocking on anyones door. hope this helps.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!