Bad Guy Garret Smith ( Scammer ) - Page 151 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-30-2017, 08:17 PM   #1501
Frogman11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Time Reptiles View Post
Is there anything you won't lie about?

I NEVER wanted earless monitors, when I called you, I asked if you had paperwork on the monitors in question, because a close friend of mine thought he'd like to have a pair, you said "when they're sold, the buyers will get the paperwork" yeah, right, sure they would've.

Think maybe anyone you sold those too, will come forward and tell us all about the paperwork they received with their earless monitors, or are the monitor's like the uro's, they didn't come in either......

Show proof you didn't scam several out of 20K, let's have the people that were named in this thread, come forward, and tell us all about what a great guy you are, and you didn't scam them....

Can't stress it enough, AVOID Garrett Smith like the PLAGUE, he CAN'T be TRUSTED, PERIOD!

Lynn Peterson
Big Time Reptiles
Look two post up Lynn. You've been putting words in her mouth for months.

Old 01-30-2017, 08:27 PM   #1502
Frogman11
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselfan View Post
Summed up... The words of a victim who came forward to close friends who are big names in the industry after she got scammed by Garrett..Sat by as countless others got scammed and did/said nothing. Whinned and complained behind the scenes for almost a year and then finally got what she was paid for. Wow, good for you Maria! What about the half dozen plus other people who gave gave Garrett money over a year ago, have been lied to, threatened and bullied into submission and have yet to receive anything? We get it... You only speak for yourself and your experience. Glad to hear things worked out for you.
Countless others? Half a dozen? nice try.. You've already shown that your not stable Patrick Sterling.

From post 1477

"Garrett I love pounding you with negative karma everytime you post on this site. After your 11pm phone calls to my phone and you threatening me for over a year your lucky I did not swing by your house this summer while I was out in California visiting family. Hopefully potential customers see that line of red squares next to your name and they think twice and or do a BOI search. BTW I never crank called your home. I DID use your CELL number in some bogus Craigslist ad's! Seriously you deserve so much worse!! Keep up the smoke and mirrors.. Its totally working[/quote]

Old 01-30-2017, 08:42 PM   #1503
snowgyre
Patrick, Lynn, and Chris, while I appreciate your skepticism of Garrick Smith's current business practices based upon his history, I do believe we're doing the BOI a disservice by continually discounting others who may come forward with more information.

If anyone has done business with Garrick and had a positive experience, they should also post it here. However, because of Garrick's history, I request that proof of those transactions are posted, including but not limited to receipts, correspondences, and most importantly, the necessary permits and licenses required to import/export the animals in question. If you are posting positive feedback about Garrick, please understand that Garrick's own history of personal, vindictive attacks against those who are skeptical of him selling high-profile species (especially given his prior smuggling conviction) have led some of us to be even more skeptical, even critical, of his business transactions. The first hundred or so posts within this thread is probably all you would have to read to get an accurate summary of all that has occurred... the rest is ultimately back-and-forth fluff.

Likewise, if anyone has had recent negative business transactions with Garrick, please post them here or start a new BOI thread.

Garrick, I do request that you at least give us the name of the "original importer" you are getting those dragons from.

Old 01-30-2017, 08:45 PM   #1504
dieselfan
We get it Garrett. You are some how fixed in your own delusion that you are not a bad guy/scammer/ convincted smuggler. It's funny to see someone with your criminal background play victim. Good luck painting the picture that everyone who has spoken out against you is crazy or unstable. I am sure anyone with a functional brain reading this thread can come to their own conclusions. Nice try��

Old 01-30-2017, 08:50 PM   #1505
Big Time Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgraphix View Post
I have seen my name being posted a number of times throughout this long thread and now I am finally speaking out. I was trying not to post due to the fact that several instigators involved here keep twisting the words of what anyone posts. That said, I have purchased and worked with Garrett without any issues for several years now. I have NOT been ripped off at all or lost any money, plus have received great animals. I have spent well over $6k in lizards with him and am still working with him. I have a real problem with this thread, in the fact that some people are posting and listing names of others and saying that they were ripped off when they never spoke with the people they are referring to like myself. Garrett has been able to find very rare lizards for some of us and legally handle and import those animals for us. In this business of Reptile importing, permits and processes can take lots of time and that doesn't mean people are getting scammed or ripped off.
Maria,
First, I want to thank you for coming forward, THANK YOU!

I'm extremely glad you have been taken care of, did you receive what you bargained for "originally"? I've always heard nothing but really good things about you, and again, I'm truly glad, you were taken care of, and are continually taken care! Did you get what Garrett Smith "originally" promised you, and how long did it take?

The info I put out in this thread, pertaining to you, and you being scammed by Garrett Smith, came from Michael Rodriguez, the original poster, and Charlie Rodriguez, they are not related, they were both extremely adamant about you & both of them being scammed, by Garrett Smith. They both called me many, many, many times, looking for advice, and always mentioned you, in every conversation.

I believed what they told me then, and still do today.

So with that, I'll no longer use your name, if your happy, I'm happy for you!

Can't stress it enough, AVOID Garrett Smith like the PLAGUE, he CAN'T be TRUSTED, PERIOD!

Lynn Peterson
Big Time Reptiles

Old 01-30-2017, 08:51 PM   #1506
Frogman11
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselfan View Post
We get it Garrett. You are some how fixed in your own delusion that you are not a bad guy/scammer/ convincted smuggler. It's funny to see someone with your criminal background play victim. Good luck painting the picture that everyone who has spoken out against you is crazy or unstable. I am sure anyone with a functional brain reading this thread can come to their own conclusions. Nice try��
I have no problem with anyone speaking out. Show me proof of who I scammed? And yes YOU are unstable. Crank calling my house, posting fake craigslist ads with my info on it, giving me bad karma on every post for a year and a half?? Does that seam normal to you Patrick Sterling?

Old 01-30-2017, 08:53 PM   #1507
Chris Kennard
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowgyre View Post
Patrick, Lynn, and Chris, while I appreciate your skepticism of Garrick Smith's current business practices based upon his history, I do believe we're doing the BOI a disservice by continually discounting others who may come forward with more information.

If anyone has done business with Garrick and had a positive experience, they should also post it here. However, because of Garrick's history, I request that proof of those transactions are posted, including but not limited to receipts, correspondences, and most importantly, the necessary permits and licenses required to import/export the animals in question. If you are posting positive feedback about Garrick, please understand that Garrick's own history of personal, vindictive attacks against those who are skeptical of him selling high-profile species (especially given his prior smuggling conviction) have led some of us to be even more skeptical, even critical, of his business transactions. The first hundred or so posts within this thread is probably all you would have to read to get an accurate summary of all that has occurred... the rest is ultimately back-and-forth fluff.

Likewise, if anyone has had recent negative business transactions with Garrick, please post them here or start a new BOI thread.

Garrick, I do request that you at least give us the name of the "original importer" you are getting those dragons from.
I doubt his importer pals want to be out in any spotlight here. Markus was vocal here early on. SCHAUMDA...

Old 01-30-2017, 08:55 PM   #1508
Frogman11
Quote:
Maria,
First, I want to thank you for coming forward, THANK YOU!

I'm extremely glad you have been taken care of, did you receive what you bargained for "originally"? I've always heard nothing but really good things about you, and again, I'm truly glad, you were taken care of, and are continually taken care! Did you get what Garrett Smith "originally" promised you, and how long did it take?

The info I put out in this thread, pertaining to you, and you being scammed by Garrett Smith, came from Michael Rodriguez, the original poster, and Charlie Rodriguez, they are not related, they were both extremely adamant about you & both of them being scammed, by Garrett Smith. They both called me many, many, many times, looking for advice, and always mentioned you, in every conversation.

I believed what they told me then, and still do today.

So with that, I'll no longer use your name, if your happy, I'm happy for you!

Lynn Peterson
Big Time Reptiles

Lynn, All of your information is 2nd and third hand. What gives you the right to post false grievances for others.

Old 01-30-2017, 08:55 PM   #1509
Frogman11
Quote:
Is there anything you won't lie about?

I NEVER wanted earless monitors, when I called you, I asked if you had paperwork on the monitors in question, because a close friend of mine thought he'd like to have a pair, you said "when they're sold, the buyers will get the paperwork" yeah, right, sure they would've.

Think maybe anyone you sold those too, will come forward and tell us all about the paperwork they received with their earless monitors, or are the monitor's like the uro's, they didn't come in either......

Show proof you didn't scam several out of 20K, let's have the people that were named in this thread, come forward, and tell us all about what a great guy you are, and you didn't scam them....

Lynn Peterson
Big Time Reptiles
You NEVER wanted earless monitors? But you called me asking about them....Paperwork, price etc...So what part am I lying about Lynn? Did you NOT call me about them? Did we have a conversation on the phone? You called me on two separate occasions about them. Let me refresh your memory. You called me twice inquiring about them. At no point did you say that they were for a friend. You spent the first 45 minutes telling me how cool you are and how long you have been keeping reptiles after 10 minutes I forgot what reptile that you were asking about. You didn't like my price and we parted ways. You called me again a few days later asking about them and then some e-mail about the price. You again didn't like the price and said you can get the same ones for half of what I was selling them for. When I called you out on that, what was the reality? I was selling papered adults delivered to your door. Your comparison was un-papered babies in another country.

Whats your story now Lyn? I have asked you for proof of who did I rip off? and where did you get $20,000 a made up number in your head?

Old 01-30-2017, 08:59 PM   #1510
Chris Kennard
I forget the name of the other importer Garrett was involved with but he had abad history with illegal activity. He is named in this thread. I'll try to find it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!