BobClark - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-28-2007, 03:07 AM   #1
sumitup
BobClark

Hi all,

I am looking to purchase a ball python from BobClark.

I have seen a couple of pictures of the snake and they looks amazing.

Thank you.

Old 09-28-2007, 06:53 AM   #2
kmurphy
You didn't ask any questions.

Bob Clark is one of the biggest names in the reptile business and I personally wouldn't hesitate to purchase from him. I never have though so I am going on his reputation only.

Old 09-28-2007, 07:00 AM   #3
MEIER21288
I got 3 retics from him this year. Great service. Very helpful before and after the sale. Great guy to deal with. Will definatly be doning business with him again.

Old 09-28-2007, 07:07 AM   #4
sumitup
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmurphy
You didn't ask any questions.

Bob Clark is one of the biggest names in the reptile business and I personally wouldn't hesitate to purchase from him. I never have though so I am going on his reputation only.

ops forget to put my question. Well my question is simple...anyone got from him before and how's the service and the quality of the pythons from him? cheers mate

Old 09-28-2007, 07:30 AM   #5
Stardust
I bought from Bob Clark at Tinley a few years ago, very nice guy great animals to this day.
I lost my receipt of the purchases, I wrote him asking for a new one for records and it was sent straight out to me, no problems.
Wouldn't hesitate to buy from him again!

Old 09-28-2007, 05:52 PM   #6
Rainbowboaman
I did a trade with Bob & the whole deal went flawless. What kind of Ball are you looking at as exporting out of the U.S. isn't cheap.

Old 09-28-2007, 05:59 PM   #7
deborahbroadus
I have purchased:

M/F Het Pieds then at a later date to increase the odds I purchased
2 more F Het Pieds.

He is so totally cool, communicates in whichever mode the customer desires/needs and is very forthcoming about the transaction.

He's on the list of people that I know I can purchase from with no problems .

Old 09-28-2007, 10:32 PM   #8
sumitup
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowboaman
I did a trade with Bob & the whole deal went flawless. What kind of Ball are you looking at as exporting out of the U.S. isn't cheap.

Thanks for your comment. I am looking for albino,pastal,and mojove. Pie is kinda out of my budget after i get a few of each kind. Any comment you mind to give me? Till now there is none of the above in my country. Maybe albino will be in after few weeks...this is also just rumour. I am a breeder,current prjects only LPG-super hypo,mack snow,giant albino,and RAPTOR. So now moving into snakes,and would like to start of with ball and burmese. Thanks for the above comment it really boost my confidence of buying from Bob. Yeah although the price of exporting is high but is really worth the effort to bring in.

Old 09-29-2007, 04:34 PM   #9
maxrr
Lee,

I would like to give another side of Bob Clark, so you can make an informed decision. It's easy to have good customer service when everything goes right, but it's how someone handles a problem that really defines how they are. It sounds like he has plenty of happy customers, which is good for them, but I'm not the only one who has had a problem with him. Here is my story pasted from another thread:

"In Feb of this year, I purchased a Jaguar Carpet Python from him at a show. It was sold to me as a mcdowelli, or pure Coastal, and I was sure to ask them multiple times, because I was specifically looking for a Coastal Jaguar, no intergrade or hybrids. I even brought up that a competitor had mentioned that these were hybrids, and the salesman scoffed and couldn't believe the competitor had said that, since they were friends. He again assured me they were pure Coastals.

I asked for the breeder's info at the show, but he would only tell me that he was from Canada. I emailed Bob later asking if he could try and track down background info on the snake and he said he would give it a shot. No reply. A couple months of my own investigation led me to the actual breeder who made the trade with Clark. The breeder sent me pics of the parents and told me they were diamond/jungle Jags. I brought this info to the attention of Bob Clark, hoping he would offer some way to make it right. All he said was, "Maybe you know more than I do." I emailed back, demanding my money back and have heard nothing from him since.

This is a simple case of misrepresenting an animal that happens way too often in this business. If Bob had any integrity he would take the snake back and refund my money. There is no excuse for misrepresenting snakes and I am happy to expose it when it happens. On a side note, this is one reason I am not on the fence anymore with regard to hybrids. I am completely against them because this happens all the time and will continue to happen...I hope the details were clear..."

Thanks for reading...

Ryan Max Johnson

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!