Coming out. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Lonely Hearts Club Forum

Notices

Lonely Hearts Club Forum Looking for someone with a common interest? Why not go where they hang out? Have fun, but not TOO much fun in here. ONLY members over 18 are welcome here.

Old 01-25-2009, 02:12 PM   #1
HiddenHollowHerp
Coming out.

Yes. It's exactly what it sounds like.

Sexual orientation is a very controversial topic. My reason for posting this here is that I'd like it to be viewable by adults only, but I don't want to post it somewhere it's going to turn into a mosh pit.

I know I've dodged this subject alot, but after having such a positive experience with it on CS, I feel confident enough to post it here too.

My name is Adam Boots, I'm twenty years young, and I'm homosexual. I'm in a relationship which I enjoy immensely, and I'm done being afraid. I'm still quite shy about it, but I'm not going to lie anymore.

Feel free to use this thread to make your preferences or experiences known as well. This is an 18+ subforum, but please try to keep your replies PG so we don't end up with a huge slobberfest or yet another enourmous arguing contest.

If you are related to the slashing of my tires, please stop slashing my tires. It's creepy.

Old 01-25-2009, 02:37 PM   #2
hhmoore
Adam,
I feel fairly confident in stating that relatively few people here, if any, are concerned with your sexual orientation. The responses you got in your previous visits here were directly related to how you were posting at that time. (The above was not intended to discourage the topic, or any subsequent conversation...take it at face value.)
That said...welcome back.
My only suggestion for this thread would be that "experiences" not be described in detail

Old 01-25-2009, 02:39 PM   #3
Mooing Tricycle
Be who you are, and dont let peoples words bother you. Its a tough thing to just.... come out and say... and personally, i dont think it should be like that. Its not MY cup of tea, but i will support the right to be human and to be free to love whomever!

Old 01-25-2009, 02:58 PM   #4
HiddenHollowHerp
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
Adam,
I feel fairly confident in stating that relatively few people here, if any, are concerned with your sexual orientation. The responses you got in your previous visits here were directly related to how you were posting at that time. (The above was not intended to discourage the topic, or any subsequent conversation...take it at face value.)
That said...welcome back.
My only suggestion for this thread would be that "experiences" not be described in detail
Lol I'd have to agree with everything you've said in that post. But, being straight, I'm not sure you know how.. Relaxing.. It feels to be able to come out to a community of people. It feels like I've been carrying a heavy bag of sand for twenty years and I just dropped it. It's pretty awesome. And I guess my line of thinking is that if I step up and admit that hey, this is me, maybe someone else will have the courage to do the same. Someone more timid than myself might just need a little push.

Old 01-25-2009, 03:36 PM   #5
jasballs
So you like Dick.. I Like Balls (pythons).. Does that make us different? Hell no.. Will I make fun of you? Probabaly Yes lol. But you cant live if your ashamed of yourself. I give you Major props for posting this here! ROCK ON BRO/SIS..!!

Old 01-25-2009, 03:36 PM   #6
hhmoore
Adam,
I've been friends with a number of homosexuals (male, and female) over the years...and they've all said pretty much the same thing. I've seen the torment as they've struggled to be comfortable with their sexuality, even when most of their friends knew and didn't care. Sure, sometimes you'll find somebody that isn't accepting (family can take it the hardest, for some reason), but "coming out" now is fairly anticlimactic in comparison to -say- a generation ago. A whole bunch of anxiety and distress, only to find out that most people aren't phased by it. You're at a tough age, though. Teenage males seem to need to prove themselves more, lol, so the subject of homosexuality is a bigger issue. A lot of posturing on one side, combined with the general teen desire to fit in/be accepted would seem to make for a difficult time.

Old 01-25-2009, 03:55 PM   #7
HiddenHollowHerp
I would have to say you hit the nail on the head, Mr. Moore. To be honest, I'd rather have people shrug and walk away than to get super over-excited about it, whether they're lighting the torches or giving out hugs like candy. It makes for an awkward situation 90% of the time.

Old 01-25-2009, 05:14 PM   #8
Miss Tuniwha
Alicia? you don't like the pink tacos?? . ... well now my hopes and dreams have been crushed..

I will hide in my corner..

*pouts*

I am bi.. everyone in here knows that.. since I am an equal opportunity.. um.. flirter.

:P

Old 01-25-2009, 05:22 PM   #9
HiddenHollowHerp
You also live in my neck of the woods. Nice to meet you, Brandi!

Old 01-25-2009, 05:23 PM   #10
Miss Tuniwha
that I do.. been seeing more and more Minnesotans on here lately.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!