is usark over stepping its rights by proposing rules for states without asking us - Page 12 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Laws, Legislative Issues & Alerts > General Legislative Discussions

Notices

General Legislative Discussions Any general discussion concerning legislative issues or events. Not necessarily specific to a particular region, or even a type of animal group.

Old 11-18-2011, 09:02 PM   #111
rodneynboalich
III Regulation of ownership of large constricting snakes.
As used in this Article, large constricting snakes shall mean: Reticulated
Python, Python reticulatus; Burmese Python, Python molurus; African Rock
Python, Python sebae; Amethystine Python, Morelia amethistina and Green
Anaconda, Eunectes murinus or any of their subspecies or hybrids. It shall
be unlawful for any person to own, possess, use, transport or traffic in any of
the large constricting snakes that are not housed in a sturdy and secure
enclosure. Permanent enclosures shall be designed to be escape proof and
shall have an operable lock. Each enclosure shall be labeled clearly and
visibly with the scientific name, common name, and owners identifying.

can anyone spot the problem with this part

Old 11-18-2011, 09:18 PM   #112
rodneynboalich
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Internet View Post
It wasn't supposed to be helpful... it was supposed to be illustrative, and possibly motivating. Whether that's 'helpful' or not would be up to the reader. You and I might agree on something, though... that it wasn't necessary. You went ahead and let everyone know exactly how you "are" in this thread without me or anyone else needing to point it out. I've met your type before, and this was the same hand-to-the-forehead experience it always is with your type. All you're doing is fulfilling a stereotype at this point.

Stop and think for a moment that you might be wrong about something... like, ever. If you're able to deflate your opinion of yourself enough to conscience that thought for a moment, consider that you might be wrong about THIS. You won't, but you ought to give it a try. No one is disagreeing with you because we don't understand your point of view, despite your best efforts. Everyone else in the thread is disagreeing with you because you're wrong about this situation. You're acting a bit unhinged, like some aging anarchist who's convinced that any rules regulating anything are a government conspiracy and an automatic slippery slope.

Just stop... acting this way is not the way you get your questions answered. I'm surprised it took the poor guy as long as he did to block you, I'd have refunded your membership fee and blocked you in the middle of that first exchange.
that wasnt helpful either. for the record im an anachro-capitalist. now i do appreciate the constructive criticism of my demeanor. but did you want to add something to the discussion or turn the sharp wit of yours towards the question that started this thread. which is again. is usark overstepping its rights by proposing rules for states without asking us. i would love to hear your opinion on that.

Old 11-18-2011, 09:27 PM   #113
rodneynboalich
im a licensed breeder in the state of PA and i have no problem paying for a licenses to operate as a breeder. it comes with no restrictions. but i do have a problem with making every single person that wants to own a retics or burm or any other reptile get licensed and have to get it registered with the state and pay a few to have a pet snake.

Old 11-18-2011, 09:42 PM   #114
rodneynboalich
but if the Museum or its
designated representative find that the reptile is not a venomous reptile,
large constricting snake or crocodilian subject to this Article and either no
criminal warrants or indictments are initiated in connection with the reptile
within 10 days of initial seizure, or a court of law determines that such
reptile is not being owned, possessed, used, transported or trafficked in
violation of this Article, then it shall be the duty of such officers to return
said reptiles to the person from whom they were seized within five days.

heres another issue. where will the animals that are seized be kept. since we know that the people seizing them cant even identify them are we to believe they will properly care for the animals.

Old 11-18-2011, 10:30 PM   #115
Cat_72
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodneynboalich
as for the pit bulls look how it started with rules and regulations and then they moved to a ban.
In the vast majority of cases, that is totally false. Once a few bans were in place, they started spreading like wildfire...it was only through some heavy-duty work and compromise that many places still allow Pit Bulls at all. Had you been a part of any of these fights as I was, you would understand this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodneynboalich View Post
and micro chipping will it be for all reptiles or just some and what about babies your produce and the few for micro chipping them if you have to micro chip 500 babies at $25 plus vet few so lets say total of $50 for each snake. thats $25,000. what if your producing $20 corn snakes thats $10,000. so you mite have to spend $25,000 to make $10,000.
$25,000?? Are you kidding me? Apparently you totally ignored the point I also made about the cost of microchipping. You can personally purchase the equipment to do the microchipping yourself. You can even purchase the microchips in sterile, single use, preloaded syringes, at a total cost of about $6.75 per complete unit. A good vet will be happy to demonstrate the proper usage of these. If spending 7 bucks per snake to retain the privilege of keeping them is too much...then perhaps you ned to rethink the fact that you are keeping them in the first place.

Old 11-18-2011, 10:57 PM   #116
Taking Up Serpents
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodneynboalich View Post
III Regulation of ownership of large constricting snakes.
As used in this Article, large constricting snakes shall mean: Reticulated
Python, Python reticulatus; Burmese Python, Python molurus; African Rock
Python, Python sebae; Amethystine Python, Morelia amethistina and Green
Anaconda, Eunectes murinus or any of their subspecies or hybrids. It shall
be unlawful for any person to own, possess, use, transport or traffic in any of
the large constricting snakes that are not housed in a sturdy and secure
enclosure. Permanent enclosures shall be designed to be escape proof and
shall have an operable lock. Each enclosure shall be labeled clearly and
visibly with the scientific name, common name, and owners identifying.

can anyone spot the problem with this part
I see nothing wrong with that whatsoever. It means you should have it in an enclosure with latches or locks to prevent escape. It means you can't put bricks on a screen top. My boas are not even on that list and their open fronts have two metal latches on the doors. If you are all about bricks and thick books to secure your animal; I guess I can see why it would be a 'problem'.
There is also no permits, none of the chipping you made such a fuss about and no fees or licenses that you mention to hold. How do I know all of this?
I live here in NC where USARK was formed originally as NCARK. It came about because API (now Born Free USA) decided to start an anti-exotics campaign with state zoo curators and releasing exotics. That was back in 2005. This law was the result of that battle.
The current NC law is actually better than the previous law. Hell, it's better than the current PA law or any one out there.
As far as blasting Andrew goes.... YOU. Let me see you give up most of your collection to go deal with scheisty politicians, animal rights extremists and their lobbyists/lawyers and brush off attacks on your personal facebook page by the people you are trying to help and never lose your cool.

You may carry on with

Old 11-19-2011, 03:17 PM   #117
Lair of Dragons
I read through every page since I live and breed in PA....now I dont have any of the snakes listed above and I don't mess with "HOTS" but rules and regulations will be in every State sooner or later. PA is on the list and they will add "HOTS" to it, the local news is already targeting "HOTS" in PA and if you don't believe me watch this news clip a friend sent to me after she saw my Banner in the background several times. Listen to the end of it where the news caster plugs the govt to regulate rules...

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/dpp/news/...-philly-111611

I personally am glad that someone wants to take the time to fight the fight...USARK
Travis Delaney
Lair of Dragons

Old 11-19-2011, 03:30 PM   #118
KelliH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lair of Dragons View Post
I read through every page since I live and breed in PA....now I dont have any of the snakes listed above and I don't mess with "HOTS" but rules and regulations will be in every State sooner or later. PA is on the list and they will add "HOTS" to it, the local news is already targeting "HOTS" in PA and if you don't believe me watch this news clip a friend sent to me after she saw my Banner in the background several times. Listen to the end of it where the news caster plugs the govt to regulate rules...

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/dpp/news/...-philly-111611

I personally am glad that someone wants to take the time to fight the fight...USARK
Travis Delaney
Lair of Dragons
Oh wow, that is troubling.

Old 11-20-2011, 09:49 AM   #119
dumje
im not gonna read this entire thread...I support USARK. They represent the industry. If we dont self regulate...we will be regulated by outsiders. Every time I read something it seems NO states have any regulations....my god....you are just asking for problems. The state of Florida has some very good rules....and some I flat out don't like....but I still have my animals...and many...many friends of mine have theirs.

Old 11-20-2011, 12:36 PM   #120
jenkznza
I think that this thread leaves out a very large issue. We all want to protect our personal freedoms as reptile keepers, yet we have to realize that we represent a very small percentage of the population. To those outside the reptile community a keeper of large constrictors or venomous snakes could be considered a hazard to the community. Putting laws on the books to protect both the reptile keeper and the general public is a smart move on our part. Being proactive instead of reactionary would be even better! Reacting only when a ban is eminent doesn’t say much for our community. It makes us look like we’ve been hiding what we’ve been up to.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!