Bad Guy Dishonest guy Jon Boone (User name Geitje) - Page 14 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-18-2013, 10:11 PM   #131
Chris Kennard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DISCERN View Post
The refund suggestion, to me, is fair as well.

I believe he did not ignore you, but got caught up in the stresses of his personal life. Is that an excuse? Nope, but it is an explanation, and to me, Jon coming on here, not arguing and admitting that he made a mistake, believing you first thing when you told him about the mis-sexed animals, and lets you publicly know he is working on getting animals to rectify this situation, is far more than what many others would have even done.

Including the fact that many on here know him, and back him up as well, only points to a hopeful resolve.

Like I have said, the refund suggestion is a great option as well. My point in all of this, is even though you have been inconvenienced, I am reading and having faith in Jon that he is going to make things right, in either regard.
First of all, if he was so "caught up", where did he have time to satisfy other customers while turning the lights off on the OP as soon as a refund was suggested? He didn't ignore Kasi Krauss, did he? Second, he didn't believe him "first thing". Also, had he not ignored the OP, he would not have had to let him know anything "publicly". He wants his money. He's made that clear. Read the thread.

Old 12-18-2013, 10:27 PM   #132
laterob
Could this be as simple as Jon doesn't have $1000 to refund Wai?

Old 12-18-2013, 10:31 PM   #133
Focal
Jon, you still have ignored the question of why you ignored Wai? I believe your relationship issues were the cause of your late arrival to the thread, but I guess you don't deny flat out ignoring him? A review of your prior BOI threads shows the same track record.

Old 12-18-2013, 10:33 PM   #134
Focal
He has posted several emails in which you did not reply to as late as October 29th, however, you were on Fauna after that posting away at ads:

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...archid=3385739

Old 12-19-2013, 01:11 PM   #135
Giantsfan24
Having just done business with Jon, I can tell you his reputation speaks for itself. I can attest that at times his communication has not always been the quickest, but we were able to work thru it. I am not making excuses for Jon as it upset me as well, but looking back, I could have handled the situation better.

It seems Jon has offered a solution and given a logical reason why replacing the female when he gets a confirmed female would have the same net result as if he had sent the female in the first place.

For me, I would not hesitate to do business with Jon again.

Old 12-19-2013, 07:14 PM   #136
Chris Kennard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan24 View Post
Having just done business with Jon, I can tell you his reputation speaks for itself. I can attest that at times his communication has not always been the quickest, but we were able to work thru it. I am not making excuses for Jon as it upset me as well, but looking back, I could have handled the situation better.

It seems Jon has offered a solution and given a logical reason why replacing the female when he gets a confirmed female would have the same net result as if he had sent the female in the first place.

Is anyone actually reading this thread? Wai offered a solution. HE WANTS HIS FRIGGIN MONEY BACK, NOT THE FEMALE! What don't you get about that?

Old 12-19-2013, 07:33 PM   #137
Guy Castro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan24 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kennard View Post
Is anyone actually reading this thread? Wai offered a solution. HE WANTS HIS FRIGGIN MONEY BACK, NOT THE FEMALE! What don't you get about that?
Maybe Giantsfan24 can send the money,then do business again with Jon and buy the female when it's available.

Old 12-19-2013, 07:44 PM   #138
Chris Kennard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geitje View Post
Despite all of the (expected) Jerry Springer-ism’s in a “BOI post”, I’ll help summarize the issue:
Problem – honest mistake of sexing young P. rugosus. Some period of time later discovered they were not 1.1
Buyer’s objective – to breed P. rugosus at 1st available opportunity – late summer 2014.
Seller’s objective – to help supply an appropriate female in time for the buyer’s objective (or, rather ASAP).
Solution – people stop driveling over that which does not matter, and get a female for the buyer ASAP.

The rest of the input here from those not involved does not really matter – which helps define why most people ignore this website.
The rest of the input from those who are involved – can be worked out. I generally do not tell someone that “animals are on their way from somewhere” until they get here alive and well 1st. To help keep the “pipes clean” I’m not interested every single theoretical detail - even for myself. If the person is a known breeder, and not some gypsy living out of the back of their car, the animal will come when ready (and in this case giving Wai a free rugosus for waiting). Female P. rugosus are not setting around on FB, KS or any other advertising medium known in the USA. So, with live commodities, sometimes a wait is inevitable. Did I expect this problem? Refer to definition of problem above. Solution? Refer to solution above. The original poster “suffering” ? What is suffering? Having 2.0 P. rugosus, as opposed to 1.1 P. rugosus – when the only difference in breed-ability, which will not be realized until summer 2014? If I were in the OP position (which I have been many times before) then I’m only out a few extra insects for feeding an unwanted male, and free to sale (since I’ve offered to let him keep it) it whenever the female arrives.

Wai is afraid to receive animals during suitable and normal shipping conditions during the summer? In the same respect, I seriously doubt he could ship live geckos back to me.
The arrogance in this post is dispiccable. So Jon, you insinuate that Wai has not the experience to ship a reptile back to you, yet he noticed RIGHT AWAY that the supposed female you sent him was OBVIOUSLY A MALE, which your vast experience missed. Nobody needs your rendition of what the problem here is or the solution. The problem is simple. You didn't take Wai seriously til he came here. Solution...see Wai's post. Lastly, you would not be sending him a "free" Rugosus, you would be sending him the one you failed to send him originally.

Old 12-19-2013, 07:46 PM   #139
Chris Kennard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Castro View Post
Maybe Giantsfan24 can send the money,then do business again with Jon and buy the female when it's available.
Lol. What day you Matt mahar?

Old 12-19-2013, 07:49 PM   #140
Chris Kennard
Sorry. Meant to say "what SAY you".

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!