Bad Guy Dishonest guy Jon Boone (User name Geitje) - Page 15 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-19-2013, 11:25 PM   #141
gecko32
Jon Boone

I have done business with Jon for years and years. I don't think Jon is trying to screw anyone. I have had the same thing happen with Jon and he always made it right with me. Most of the species wouldn't be in the US if not for Jon. I looked at all of the names on this thread and know some people that have posted have screwed Jon before. He doesn't try to slander your names. I also think everyone doesn't know how crazy things get. He has a personal life and probably more animals that everyone combined on this thread.

Old 12-19-2013, 11:28 PM   #142
laterob
So he should be able to refund the OP as requested, no?

Old 12-20-2013, 12:26 AM   #143
LauraB
Quote:
He has a personal life and probably more animals that everyone combined on this thread
Uh ... every single one of us has a personal life. That's laughable at best and hardly an excuse for not reimbursing the OP, regardless if Jon has more animals than everyone combined on this thread or the whole freakin' universe.

Wai made a purchase that Jon acknowledged he screwed up a long time ago. Wai waited patiently and was totally dissed. He now would like a refund.

Reputation ain't nothin' when you let it go to because you get greedy and make excuses. We've seen it a hundred times here over the years.

Jon, do what's right.

Old 12-20-2013, 01:32 AM   #144
Magic
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraB View Post

Jon, do what's right.
^^^^^THIS.

And Jon,

Just because you've had to wait for a seller to find/collect an animal or you've waited for reimbursement or a refund doesn't mean you get to make your customer wait.

Pony up and make your customer happy by doing as HE requests, not by doing what's better for you. Business 101.

Old 12-20-2013, 06:21 AM   #145
EBLover
Quote:
Originally Posted by gecko32 View Post
I have done business with Jon for years and years. I don't think Jon is trying to screw anyone. I have had the same thing happen with Jon and he always made it right with me. Most of the species wouldn't be in the US if not for Jon. I looked at all of the names on this thread and know some people that have posted have screwed Jon before. He doesn't try to slander your names. I also think everyone doesn't know how crazy things get. He has a personal life and probably more animals that everyone combined on this thread.
I'm sorry, but I just wanted to point out, it's only slander if it's false information. Therefore, this thread and any thread Jon (or anyone else) chooses to write about being screwed over would not be slander unless they were making it up. If every bad guy post was slander, then the BOI would just be one big lie.

Old 12-20-2013, 11:11 AM   #146
Geitje
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kennard View Post
The arrogance in this post is dispiccable. So Jon, you insinuate that Wai has not the experience to ship a reptile back to you, yet he noticed RIGHT AWAY that the supposed female you sent him was OBVIOUSLY A MALE, which your vast experience missed. Nobody needs your rendition of what the problem here is or the solution. The problem is simple. You didn't take Wai seriously til he came here. Solution...see Wai's post. Lastly, you would not be sending him a "free" Rugosus, you would be sending him the one you failed to send him originally.
1st of all, you might consider not attacking other people (Matt, Kasi, etc.) that do not pertain to the problem, and should be entitled to expressing their honest opinions - if that's what this site stands for.

And actually, Mr. Court Jester, Wai has 2.0 P. rugosus – so has not been robbed of his money. They hold value, just like any other P. rugosus. What Wai does not have is 2 P. rugosus of opposite sexes, so if plans are intact to get a couple of groups from other outside source to satisfy the obligation with Wai, then efforts are being made. Referring back to an earlier post of mine – my original idea was to get the animals in and then just send the female when ready. If I need to satisfy a customer with a daily dialogue of “where the deal stands today” I will not have an answer until the shippable product is in my hands and ready to ship. So that means “I still do not have the female P. rugosus ready”. So, yes, simply put – it is possible to send out a pair of Paroedura to someone at some point last week and not have the P. rugosus ready to ship, nor a complete and purely honest answer of when it would be ready.

No, I do not trust Wai to comfortably send the animals back alive and well at this time of the year. Currently, I might also have reason to have concern over the health of the animals, and if they are “shippable”. Industry standards would be for the customer to get what they’ve ordered, and if not, refund issued after product returned.

Your and Wai’s personal knowledge and experience might not encompass a qualified opinion on knowing the sexes of P. rugosus at the time of shipment. I’ve produced between 125 and 150 of them over the past 11 years and some young animals with varying degrees of hemi-penal bulges can indeed be females. Mistakes happen daily with animals – they die for no reason, improperly sexed, etc. Let’s return to the real topic.

I’m not sure what your personal position/investment in this thread really equates to other than combative and straying from the topic of resolution. Yourself and others who have nothing better to do than misunderstand parts of the discussion and feverishly dissect words (ex. “gypsy”) under your personalized electron microscope serves no other purpose than to make you look like your trying to uproot some imagined terrorist from the “fertile Utopian reptile hobby” of your imagination. Either put forth some constructive and kind suggestions of help, or perhaps step away from the keyboard and find a better way to spend time – that’s what I do.

The bottom line is Wai has 2 P. rugosus that he paid for and they just happen to be the wrong sex. These 2 animals hold market value (around $400-450 each), just like any other rare reptile – so he has not been “robbed”. He has an extra “male” as collateral in the event that the deal not be corrected. So, since efforts are being made to either fix the problem, or pursuing the avenue of returning for refund – arguing other points, wording of statements, semantics and the like are what I would consider “off topic” and does nothing but waste time and create drama. Otherwise, why not everyone go spend some time with your animals and family until the resolution is finalized.

And lastly –

<<< "Nobody needs your rendition of what the problem here is or the solution." >>>

I feel like I’m arguing with a “fainting goat that’s chasing its own tail” (sorry in advance to any fainting goats that might be reading) – yes, of course my opinion and contribution to the solution is important.

Old 12-20-2013, 11:19 AM   #147
DavidBeard
Quote:
some young animals with varying degrees of hemi-penal bulges can indeed be females
Uhhh......unless we're talking about hemaphroditic species, then no females will not have hemi-penal bulges, because females don't have hemipenes. How is it that someone as ignorant and clueless as Wai (by your estimations of his inability to ship-which has been rendered moot by his suggestion of hand delivering the geckos to your friend) was able to catch an obvious mis-sexing when someone of your vast & immense knowledge was not?

Old 12-20-2013, 11:27 AM   #148
laterob
So, as long as a seller tells a buyer they are "working on it", the buyer should wait patiently, trusting the seller? Is there a time limit on this trust...1 year, 5 years,...? How long can he be expected to wait for what his order to be fulfilled?

Refund the money, move on. Wai offered a great solution, going above what he should reasonably be expected to do, in this goat's opinion.

Old 12-20-2013, 02:20 PM   #149
Crestedlovely
I feel like people are missing some pretty obvious reasons why using a third party might not be in the best interest of either the OP or Jon. No matter how good a friend this is, does this person have experience with this species? Can this person be trusted with $1,000+? Friend or not, you have to keep things like this in mind. Jon is offering a full refund on return of the animals. I do not think it's unfair to expect those animals to be in hand before the refund is given. Using a third party no matter how trusted, opens the doors to many issues. I personally would never use a third party to resolve something like this no matter how well I knew that person and even if that person is trusted, does this friend want the responsibility of the caring for these animals for however long they may need to be there?

I do think a full refund is fair, but I would not refund anyone until the animals were back in my own hands in good shape.

Old 12-20-2013, 04:29 PM   #150
sschind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kennard View Post
Is anyone actually reading this thread? Wai offered a solution. HE WANTS HIS FRIGGIN MONEY BACK, NOT THE FEMALE! What don't you get about that?

Then he should send the frigging geckos back and he will get his money. What don't you get about that.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!