Wanted Interested in a few guns - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Member to Member Flea Market

Notices

Member to Member Flea Market This forum is for the sale or trade of anything you want, as long as it is legal and both parties respect the laws regarding buying and selling such items.

Old 12-08-2011, 09:09 PM   #1
CSExotics
Interested in a few guns

Interested in the following:

.50 cal <-- If I can even get one for a few bills

If they come with scopes/bi-pods that'd be awesome.

If you have anything else or one of the above just message me.

Old 12-09-2011, 01:51 AM   #2
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSExotics View Post
Interested in the following:

.50 cal <-- If I can even get one for a few bills

If they come with scopes/bi-pods that'd be awesome.

If you have anything else or one of the above just message me.
I have a Barrett model 95 with a Nightforce scope attached. Bought the gun used, scope new, but never fired the thing myself.

The only reason I am considering selling is because I am having work done on one of my cars that is taking MUCH longer and being MUCH more expensive then I planned on. Price is $6K plus shipping, so I'm afraid it's not just a "few bills".

It's the gun in the front in the below photos... The M82A1 in the back has already been sold...
Attached Images

Old 12-09-2011, 10:17 PM   #3
CSExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
I have a Barrett model 95 with a Nightforce scope attached. Bought the gun used, scope new, but never fired the thing myself.

The only reason I am considering selling is because I am having work done on one of my cars that is taking MUCH longer and being MUCH more expensive then I planned on. Price is $6K plus shipping, so I'm afraid it's not just a "few bills".

It's the gun in the front in the below photos... The M82A1 in the back has already been sold...
Beautiful gun, but too rich for my blood.

Old 12-10-2011, 12:40 AM   #4
WebSlave
If you do happen to buy a .50 BMG, I suggest that you NOT buy the cheapest one you can find. All of the powder in a .50 BMG cartridge makes the round the equivalent of a hand grenade going off. When you shoot the rifle, your FACE is right next to that chamber where the round is being ignited. Personally, I sure wouldn't want to be shooting something that could rip the side of my head off being contained by a gun marketed by a manufacturer who went with the lowest bidder on design, build, and materials.

You will also need to get a scope that has LOTS of eye relief, regardless of the rifle you buy. Otherwise, you will fire your gun once and then quickly put it up for sale, explaining to new prospective buyers why you have a black eye and partially removed eyebrow. You want a MINIMUM of 3 inches of eye relief. A cheap scope on a .50 BMG, even with proper eye relief, will last you about 30 shots before you will have to buy a new one. Heck, even an expensive scope not designed for the push/pull action of a muzzle braked .50 BMG will not last long, neither. The reticle in scopes not designed for this gun and cartridge will eventually break loose internally, and you will be suddenly be wondering why you can't shoot a decent group to save your butt.

Please make sure you know what you are getting into with these guys.... .50 BMG rifles can be a lot of fun to shoot, but they definitely aren't for everyone.

Good luck on your search!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!